First Indoor Grow...WW Auto...HELP!

Day 22…they sure are drinking a lot of water, more than I expected. I’m not sure 1 liter on transplant day was enough for each 3 gallon pot. Monday night they looked a little droopy, so I gave them each 4 ozs of water at the base…by morning they perked up. The larger one is almost drooping again. I’m so freaked out by not wanting to overwater them, I may have swung in the other direction. I guess these doubts only gets solved with experience.

I’m thinking they’re doing OK…no one is complaining yet.

2 Likes

They look good, I usually give half a gallon to plants in 3 gal pots. Over watering happens from watering too frequently, watering when the soil is still moist. I always water enough to get a good amount of runoff (for plants in appropriately sized pots). Don’t be afraid to give more water, just let the pot get light and dry before watering again.

2 Likes

Cool…I think I’ll wait until the weekend and give them a good watering like you said. Thanks bro…you calm my nerves. LOL

1 Like

I’m not sure why they call this Low Stress Training because it was VERY stressful for me! Only did it 4 hours ago and I’m thinking I should put a baby cam in the tent.

5 Likes

Those look nice! I’ve got 1 WW auto going right now (didnt want to mess up more than 1 on my first grow) hopefully this looks as good as yours. This is 5 days old

3 Likes

Looking good man! I’m looking forward to see how yours fill in.

1 Like

Lookin’ bro! Just let it do it’s thing and don’t overthink it like I am!

Thanks! I was on the fence about LST my first plants…but I threw 3 more seeds in a shot glass two days ago just in case I killed them. :rofl:

…and just like magic, the tops made their turn towards the light in less than 12 hours. Did a little more tucking and clipped two big leaves off that were obstructing some light. No more cutting until I’m sure they are healthy and growing.

Definitely should have done this sooner as the plants were a little over 12" tall.

6 Likes

Well, the 135W arrived 3 days sooner than expected from HLG. It looks like I’m building lights this weekend. Thanks for the advice @Hellraiser

@Caveman86 Let’s see if this makes a difference in their growth or it kills them… :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s awesome, get to work and let’s see your new setup!

1 Like

Sweet, I’m up to 4 HLG 135’s at his point, with enough extra boards that I can go back and forth between rspec and bspec as desired, love those little lights and they are bright as hell and very versatile with the dimming/wattage range.

1 Like

Cool…I thought you had the big boys from them. A quick question based on your experience, how do you handle the dimming and height based on the growth cycle?

1 Like

I have some big ones too, the HLG 550 Rspec and a couple of the 260’s as well. I really need to stop buying lights LOL,

In veg I keep my lights about 24"-28" above the plant tops. For seed starting I use about 60 watts, after they sprout and get growing a few days I kick it up to about 100 watts for the next couple weeks, then after I transplant them out of the solo cups, I’ll kick it up to like 130 watts then increase it a little every week. Don’t make big wattage changes, make little ones. In flowering I usually start with lights at 24" over plants, and keep cranking up the wattage. In flowering I’m using pretty much all the power the lights are made to give, but get there gradually and let the plants acclimate to it.

3 Likes

LMAO! Yeah, I can see a light fetish brewing in me too. Last question, how do you know what wattage they are at? Is the dial marked or do we need a meter to measure?

Thanks for the advice, it’s greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Holy crap…I just dove in on the light meter thing and my head hurts.

2 Likes

Really need a killawatt monitor/meter or similar to dial these lights in to the watts desired, there are cheaper brands that do the same.

1 Like

I have a couple of these, they do the job

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DPJ3RGB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Thanks, man! I have a few coming tomorrow via the link you provided. So I guess you start off taking a reading out of the wall at full power to create the high baseline and then go down from there as needed. Once I know the range I can plan the incremental changes from there. I’ll have to take a reading of the light I currently have and then adjust the new one to match that…and then gradually increase it like you said.

Thanks again for taking the time in simplifying all the processes for us…I know it’s not easy to answer everyone who tags you looking for advice. You’re like the Ann Landers of Cannabis. Can’t thank you enough, but some day I will!! #BOTL

1 Like

Day 26 and the two girls are chugging along. Yesterday I gave each of them a 1/2 gallon of water & nutes with a good amount of runout. They looked good prior to watering and didn’t change much afterwords…just healthy looking. I also moved the light up to around 20". Prior to this I was at 16" or so. They’ve thrived so far. Did a little minor trimming too.

Kinda weird and fun at the same time not being in command of the grow. It’s almost like…‘feed me and get out of my way’. I’m really stoked that I didn’t grow a Christmas tree on my first grow.

5 Likes