First Indoor Grow (Week 9 update) - Unknown Sativa

Hello ILGM,

New grower here about 5 a weeks into flower. It’s a Sativa of some kind, it has a sweet pineapple smell, so if anyone could help identify I would love to hear your thoughts.

Any feedback gladly welcome - have an awesome day!

Tald

It’s beautiful at least 3-4weeks do you have a at least 60x zoom scope that’s the best way I’ve ever been able to find out is looking at the try cones you want them gnocchi and at least 50% Amber or more

1 Like

Thank you @Hogmaster I’m really enjoying the new hobby. I’m hoping to get some feedback about when I should stop my A & B & Rock Res and start using clean water? Some people say flush on the last week, but I want to be sure I have the most natural taste.

Thanks again for the feedback :slight_smile:

I have used very little nutes on my grow did not need much I use foxfarm ocean works well for me

5 Likes

@Taldarin .

This is just what you need to know
And by the way…Welcome to ILGM

Watch Pistils

This is the simplest harvest method. Watch the pistils/hairs growing on the buds and harvest based on how many have darkened and curled in.

For a speedier high, harvest when about 40% of white hairs have darkened and curled in

For highest THC levels and buds that make you soar, wait until buds have fattened and 50-70% of the white hairs have darkened and curled in.

For higher CBN levels, which cause more of a relaxing effect, wait until new white hairs stop growing, and 80-90% of the hairs have darkened and there are few white hairs.

Watch your Trichomes

For the marijuana scientist, watching the trichomes gives you a bit more insight into what’s going on with your plant’s cannabinoinds.

Plus it’s really fun to look at trichomes through a jeweler’s loupe or microscope.

Early on, when there are still many clear trichomes, buds tends to produce a heady, wired kind of high. THC levels are lower at this point, though they’re ramping up each day.

For highest THC levels, harvest when nearly all the clear trichomes have turned milky white. This will produce buds with the most mind-altering effects.

For a more relaxing effect, wait to harvest until many of the milky white trichomes have darkened to amber/gold. These amber trichomes have a bit less THC, but more CBN. The presence of CBN often reduces the anxiety some people feel from high THC levels.

Click for “When to harvest marijuana by looking at trichomes” infographic
When to Harvest Marijuana By Looking at Trichomes

There is a lot of variation between strains and people’s preferences, so it is highly recommended you experiment with your plants to see what works best for you.

Important Tip: Exact harvest time isn’t as critical as we once thought.

Don’t stress too much, often buds have similar levels of cannabinoids even when harvested weeks apart.

How do I experiment with harvest time if I only grow 1 or 2 plants?

It is totally okay to harvest different parts of your plants at different times.

Just make sure there is enough green foliage left to support the plant.

Some growers say that harvesting different parts of the plant at different times is stressful for the plant, and that is true.

It’s also been shown that stress near harvest time actually causes an increase in resin/cannabinoid production, which most growers find beneficial.l
While you’re in the harvest window, your plant puts all her effort into making the most awesome buds possible.
As long as you have a healthy plant, I highly recommend harvesting different parts of the plant at different times to (labeling them so you remember which one you harvested when!) and find out what works best for you.

I have more info if you need it. Hope this helps

Will.

6 Likes

Thanks for that Will going to try that with mine also probably 3 to 4 weeks more on mine

1 Like

Update: 6 Weeks in - I’m starting to notice they’re starting to fill out. I decided to add a picture of the whole beast to give people a better idea of what I’m dealing with.
My only regret is that I found this place AFTER I had already made a few mistakes. But she’s healthy, and drinking almost 3 ltrs per day here.

2 Likes

Hello friends. I think I’m getting close.

1 Like

Looking good!

1 Like

Yeah, you’re pretty close

1 Like

How tall is the ceiling of your tent?

1 Like

Hey man, it’s about 3 meters tall. Got the whole setup, tent, 400w, side LED and 100w equiv warm bright LED bulk keeping everything exposed nicely. All for under $400USD.

1 Like

Hey guys, purchased a 10x magnifying glass, tried to take some pics for you. What do you think?

@garrigan62

1 Like

9 feet tall and the plant is up to your light. I think in the next round you better hold your plants down a little bit and let them get a little wider. Go for more of a canopy effect. If you hold them down, and top them when they need it you’ll get 20 to 30 buds on each plant easy. You’ve got the room up top. What you really need to do it’s fill in everything from the top of your pot to the top of your plant. The best way to do that is to go wider. Just throw some chicken wire on them and let them Pizza out during veg and a little bit during flower until they start up. Once they are wide and you let them go, they’re going to shoot up so fast you are going to realize why they call it weed. You’ll easily get kolas a foot long or longer especially on that sativa that your growing.
Good luck, and remember to share.

3 Likes

@hamakua,

that was very good sound advice.

will

1 Like

Thanks, my first grow was in 1970. It wasn’t very successful, as my father made me rip it up when it was about six foot tall in the first week of July.
Wow, what a patient man.

1 Like

Thanks @hamakua and yes I agree. I sort of went for the ‘let it go wild style’ shortly after flowering, I discovered this page, and wow. I’m certainly going to be taking yours & many others peoples here’s advice to maintain better consistency in height and fill.

Edit: removed question to moderator he already clearly answered in his previous post. :stuck_out_tongue:
Love the community here!!!

Thanks a lot. You already got a head start on a lot of people because he did seem to know what you’re doing or you’re really lucky. I can’t really tell if those need to come down but from what you’ve said and how tall they are I would say yes, but you’re going to have to determine that yourself within at least 60 power portable microscope. Or even a desktop model that you can hook up to a computer. You have to know when those trichomes start turning. That’s a key point to get a really good smoke that’s really powerful and tastes excellent. If this batch that you’re showing me is actually pretty good but a little harsh, then maybe you waited a little long or you need to flush them out better.
Hope I could help have a good one, aloha

1 Like

I added this for ya. Hope it helps ya.

Will

This is the simplest harvest method. Watch the pistils/hairs growing on the buds and harvest based on how many have darkened and curled in.

For a speedier high, harvest when about 40% of white hairs have darkened and curled in

For highest THC levels and buds that make you soar, wait until buds have fattened and 50-70% of the white hairs have darkened and curled in.

For higher CBN levels, which cause more of a relaxing effect, wait until new white hairs stop growing, and 80-90% of the hairs have darkened and there are few white hairs.

Watch your Trichomes

For the marijuana scientist, watching the trichomes gives you a bit more insight into what’s going on with your plant’s cannabinoinds.

Plus it’s really fun to look at trichomes through a jeweler’s loupe or microscope.

Early on, when there are still many clear trichomes, buds tends to produce a heady, wired kind of high. THC levels are lower at this point, though they’re ramping up each day.

For highest THC levels, harvest when nearly all the clear trichomes have turned milky white. This will produce buds with the most mind-altering effects.

For a more relaxing effect, wait to harvest until many of the milky white trichomes have darkened to amber/gold. These amber trichomes have a bit less THC, but more CBN. The presence of CBN often reduces the anxiety some people feel from high THC levels.

Click for “When to harvest marijuana by looking at trichomes” infographic
When to Harvest Marijuana By Looking at Trichomes

There is a lot of variation between strains and people’s preferences, so it is highly recommended you experiment with your plants to see what works best for you.

Important Tip: Exact harvest time isn’t as critical as we once thought.

Don’t stress too much, often buds have similar levels of cannabinoids even when harvested weeks apart.

How do I experiment with harvest time if I only grow 1 or 2 plants?

It is totally okay to harvest different parts of your plants at different times.

Just make sure there is enough green foliage left to support the plant.