First indoor grow question

Ok so I’ve done my research. Budget grow time. Mars Hydro 3x3 with the Mars Hydro TS1000. I’ve been all over the net looking for light distance at seedling, sapling and so on. I’ve read so many different point of views that it confused me. I’ve read 24in at 50% I’ve read 36in at 100%. I need to figure this out. I’m growing Purple Hulk auto from MSNL. They are currently 1 week old. I’m running Mars Hydro at 50% power and it’s hanging about 19in away. Can someone please explain to me if this is right? Or if someone uses this light please show me the way!!!

2 Likes

I think it’s time to go full power at 18-19inches or so where you are at… just don’t make the mistake of forgetting the dimmer switch :sunglasses:

1 Like

@kaptain3d uses 2 TS1000s. He could probably help out.

2 Likes

I started all mine under a single ts1000 30" away…100%…I never mess with adjusting
Worked perfect…good spacing on the nodes and fast growth

This was at about 3 weeks old

3 Likes

It’s much easier to use a little soil to support a baby because you were to far than it would be to have to wait until they recover because you burn them.

I have a different light but it’s a qb led and I would start off about 30inches at 100% and if you see the stems stretching (reaching) for the light lower it a couple inches then watch em. Once they get their second multi fingered leaves I would lower it down to 25inches. This is my routine
Hope this helps you out… good luck :evergreen_tree::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Those distances may be good fir HLG lights, our lights are not as powerful. I keep them full strength all the time from veg to flowers. I just ay wifh the height… I try to keep the lights roughly 24 inches away from the canopy. Keep them as close as possible, do the “hand heat” test over the canopy to make sure you are comfortable, and your plants should be happy! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Doing it right now!

1 Like

Sorry, I may have typed too fast… :nerd_face:

Points heard, and well taken under advisement! Lights sitting at 100% 24in above the canopy. Let’s do this! I feel much better now.

3 Likes

Between 200-400 PPFD: This is great for seedlings, clones, and mother plants.

Between 400-600 PPFD: This is great for early to late stage vegging cycles.

Between 600-900 PPFD: This is great for the flowering, fruiting, or budding stage of plants.

1 Like

I was running the MH1000 at about 10-12 inches during flower time before I upgraded lights, the plants seemed to like it but I mostly agree with Roudy though i like to 700-900 late veg 900-1100 flower

Doing it right now!

They seem to be enjoying the light! Exploding now

2 Likes

I need to switch places now but my bigger goldleaf is under a ts600 and the younger super skunk is under the ts1000. When my lights come on imma trade spots.

1 Like

Loving life