First Indoor Grow - Midwest

I am starting a grow in the Midwest and ran into a recent problem with the grow, after transplanting two seedlings a problem showed up affecting all 4 plants at the same time.

3 Likes

Looks to me like they are a bit over watered as I mentioned earlier.

A support ticket filled out is helpful to anyone trying to assist.

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower @imSICKkid

Any of you guys have a support ticket handy? I need to save a copy

8 Likes

I’ll grab the support ticket but the issue is way to much water. Like WAYYYY to much water

6 Likes

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

Thanks!

6 Likes

Yup, we discussed the watering process on another thread.

I figured the support ticket would help establish the grow for the journal and any future issues.

6 Likes

Found you! :nerd_face:

I’ll follow quietly in a corner and help if and when I can! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Don’t let @kaptain3d fool you. He knows his stuff. Just don’t cringe when you see him torturing his girls. :rofl:

2 Likes

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - Femenized
Pure Indica, Grand Daddy purple
-Age of plant/what week of flower - 3 weeks

-Method: Organic Soil

-Vessels: fabric pots

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - 7PH

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - NA

-Method used to measure PH and TDS
PH meter

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor Grow Tent 3x4

-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
Spider Farmer SF-2000

-Actual wattage draw of lights

-Current Light Schedule
18/6

-Temps; Day, Night
Day 25C-28C~ Night 22C~

-Humidity; Day, Night

Humidity Day 50%~ Night 45%~

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes, Spider Farmer fan with carbon filter, second fan also in tent

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Humidifier

-Co2; Yes, No
No

2 Likes

What brand of organic soil are you using? This will be useful info as not all organic soils are suitable for mj growing. I found this out the hard way!

5 Likes

The first thing I see is your ph is to high, in soil you should be putting in at 6.5 Second is if you are getting runoff, then you are over watering. When you say organic soil, what exactly are you using. If it’s something you bought, what brand. If you mixed it yourself what’s in it.

4 Likes

The soil is an organic mix from Home Depot, 1/top soil-1/Potting-0.5/ vermiculite (not in front of the bags at the moment)

I’m planning to pick up Pro-Mix today as I’ve seen others mentioned it was a better source.

For runoff I have only had a small amount, they were transferred two days ago and only watered once, 5 Gallon pits with 4 cups water added around outside edges of transplant.

I can also increase the airflow today to expedite drying to soil though if I can pick up the Pro-Mix I can do another transplant

Water is tap water filtered, then left to sit for 48 hours before use to remove any lingering chlorine and to reach tent temperature.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 may be the best one to advise on pro-mix. As far as the organic soil it may not be amended properly for cannibis. But I suspect that the main issue is to much water. Definitely let it dry out, once it gets dryer just slowly water around plant a couple of inches out. You want the roots searching for water, but don’t want them having to search to far. Be sure to ph to 6.5 Some of the more experienced people may have some better advice.

4 Likes

For me, it looks like overwatering… I would just try to have the medium dry a bit more before adding any water… :nerd_face:
And if I was in a hurry to have them in dryer medium, I would just transplant them…

But I am fairly new at troubleshooting… @Covertgrower , @PurpNGold74 , @AfgVet might know better. :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @PiratedSoldier

Based on the pics you uploaded I have to agree with @kaptain3d. Let them dry out a bit. You want soil to dry out before watering again. Test the moisture by feeling the weight of the vessel, dry vs wet, or stick you finger and inch of so deep in the medium. Still wet? Don’t water.

You can start your own thread, journal. Then members can help you out without cluttering Debbies thread

4 Likes

I was trying to locate that but wasn’t able to find it till just a moment ago and created a new thread journal.

Appreciate the information.

4 Likes

I just saw it. I’ll get some people to join in and help you out

3 Likes

I would be surprised if this isn’t overwatering. Soil looks almost like mud. As others have stated, definitely let her dry out before watering again! I personally recommend watering till you get a good amount of runoff, this helps get rid of any build up in the soil.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with watering to runoff with a fully established plant, but these girls are to small. Need to allow those roots to spread before that much water.

4 Likes

To each their own dude. I feel like letting the roots find their water makes more sense.

2 Likes

Absolutely :+1:

4 Likes