First indoor grow journal.... enjoy!

Beautiful @Mark0427. That’s what I am shooting for. I am fixing to start some Gold Leaf, Cali Dream fems like 5 each. These GGs were a chance to practice on plants LST, Topping, and get used to watering schedule, light height, etc…

1 Like

Oh man that sucks, hopefully they bounce back. Mine went down last night as well, not as much as yours. I’m not so sure I’d lower the lights, might hurt more than help. Just my 2 cents. Other than that, how the grow been to you?

@Highwayman420, Amazing, educational, slow, nerve wracking etc…lol. it’s been great man thanks for asking. I think I am about to crack 6 more beans but before I do I need to figure out my medium. I’m not really feeling the FFOF. I went from paper towel to 5 gallons of it and lost 3 seeds and have a mutated plant. I’m thinking coco. Opinions/experience?
@KoolHandLuke, @kellydans, @Mark0427, @beardless, @borialis

1 Like

I was thinking about Canna coco next time . I hear only good things about them

2 Likes

@neofraud_811 what’s going on with your girls

@KoolHandLuke, check out post 157.

Thanks for the tag! I grow in ocean Forest. I add a little Happy Frog on the top to transplant my small seedlings into. I haven’t burned any seeding up. I usually start my Sprouts in Light Warrior in a small seedling caps then transfer one time to 5 gallon or 7 gallon fabric pots. Good luck

They look a little light but not trash can worthy. Fill out a support ticket and we will call in the troops to save them. Give as much info about your grow as possible. When was the last time you cal your ph pen and what is the ppm of your run off

1 Like

Slurry test , 1 part soil 2 parts distilled water . Stir for 2mins let sit for 15mins . Test for PPM. It’s going to be high because of FFOF

@KoolHandLuke, full transparency…haven’t learnt the runoff process yet. As far as calibration, dont trust my pen(cheapy) so I have been calibrating every other watering. I calibrated last watering. 6.2 using distilled. Friday was the start of week 5 since they broke soil, so I’m wondering about starting my feeding? They were super dark until 5 days ago. The newest growth is looking a lot healthier. Also they are recovering from a slight over watering 48 hours ago.

1 Like

@kellydans, are you growing autos? I only ask because of the transplant. I’m probably going to take a shot at fems this time( B. Banner, Gold Leaf, Zkittles, and Cali Dream). I like your system. I thought about Rapid Rooters in center of FFOF/coco mix in a 2or3 gall. Then to 5 gal. FFOF. That would give me only 1 transplant and about 6 to 8 weeks just watering. Kinda newbie proof.:grin:

2 Likes

If you do coco next grow , I would invest in a Apera PC60 or better

1 Like

I grow both autos in 5 gallon fabric pots photos in 7 gallon fabric pots. I transplant both one time.

@KoolHandLuke, is the slurry test the same as the runoff test? If not, how do I do a runoff test? Btw, they are actually getting a lot better so I’ll save the cavalry call until truly necessary :rofl:

I just got happy frog myself FFOF is too hot for my little ones. Coco is pretty good but its harder to grow in…imo. Dries out quickly and is a neutral medium so you have to add nutes in a specific sequence. Again all in my observations. I may try it again once I get comfortable in soil.

1 Like

Slurry test is a way your can get soil ppm without run off

How do you test run off when I’m not watering to runoff point?

You test the nutes and water mix that is going in ,and then test what you have coming out .it will let you know what your soil is holding

You are in week 5 , I started to water till runoff about this time.

I have about 2 weeks til runoff. I tried to up my watering to 400ml/ week trying to push water intake and they are just too small still. Like he said in video “1 foot of plant to 1 gallon of medium”. I really think my ladies were stunted by either my medium or my light height. I was giving them way too high of lux the first two weeks (lesson learned). They’re right around a foot now. I have been light watering and letting them go til dry til they start drooping. Then more next time.