First indoor grow journal.... enjoy!

@Covertgrower, cool thanks. I know that they have been said to stunt plant growth if used too long. Do you think 4 weeks from soil breaks too long? Just trying to find a starting point for the timing.

I wouldn’t worry about the stunting, they’ll just be short and fat. That’s the way some like them. 4 weeks great.

1 Like

Ok, time for a new update: I decided to give my girls a big ol drink last night. I upped the amount from the 20-30ml I was giving them to a 60-80ml drink. I woke up this morning and I think it’s fair to say that veg cycle has started. They all grew at least 1/2 inch and added about 25-30% to leaf size/spread!! What a pleasant surprise. They first popped from soil 17 days ago so as excited as I was, its decision time. There are 3 things I am thinking about now (I know it’s a little early for a couple) and just getting prepared.

1. I believe it’s time to start giving the girls a break. My timer is set and ready to switch to a 20/4 light schedule
  2. Coming up on week 3 I think next watering will be a 1/4 dose feeding as well, 1/2 week after, full in flower
  3. When am I going to LST?
    Decisions: 1. Sept 10th 20/4 light schedule begins
    2. Wed. Sept. 16th will be start of nutes
    3. I work 7 day stretch 17th to 23rd. Start
    LST on the 24th
    Again, my journal is being presented on a public format because I wouldn’t have made it this far without your help, so please feel free to ask questions or comments. I will have to take photos tonight because I shot a video this morning and cant upload.¹
2 Likes

@neofraud_811 sounds like you are going to train this auto,if so follow arrow ,he is a horticulture artist

2 Likes

It’s worth the $8 shipping Free stuff, who doesn’t want free stuff - #134 by KoolHandLuke

@KoolHandLuke, thanks gromie. I have been reading labour of love and HOLY SHIZ, he is badass at training that plant! I also ordered that free pack. As a Mykos user I really appreciate it. I was wanting to check in to that Azos and now I can. I watched the YouTube video and if I’m honest I dont understand how jamming the hangers into the soil doesnt injure the roots. I have fuzzy pipe cleaners I plan on tieing to my pot.
So I had my ph at 6.7 for calcium intake but a good friend pointed out that I haven’t done a runoff test and he thinks my ph is too high at roots so I lowered it to 6.1. When I lowered the ph on my stock of water I checked the girls and the were almost fully dry again so I gave them each a 200ml drink. I got the whole top of the pot good and moist. There was no runoff or drainage so it wasn’t too much. I will let them dry up fully before I water again to see how long it takes. Man, they are growing quick now. I hope the lower ph helps them.

1 Like

@neofraud_811 Be careful 6.1 is fine ,but remember water nationally gets more acidic in soil . 6.5 is your preferred target. (6.2-6.8ph is what you want) .But when I get 6.0 or 7.0 ,(occasionally) I normally just roll with it .I haven’t had a problem

@KoolHandLuke, I will monitor it closely. After the good drink that I just gave them I am going to wait until Monday before I water again. I’m also going to use my buddies test kit ( I have to order mine) that tests the ph, n,p,k, sodium and calcium. I want to test my runoff and make sure that my girls were actually using the nutes from the soil. If not I may feed them the first dose then. I am going to start LST on Moday also because if I wait till the 24th they will just about be starting to flower. I cant wait to get into my fems!!

LOL ,tons of pros use hanger staples. Sometimes you can’t get the angle you want with just pipe cleaners. My girls was so short and bushy, I didn’t train them until they got over 3ft.super cropped them to about 2ft . I have 5 clones I’m going to practice on, if I kill them or they don’t turn out right , I will just make some more clones.

Are you in FFOF , if so your ppm is going to be off the charts ,organics are high and hot

@KoolHandLuke, Yes I am. I know that it is loaded. I have 3 pots that didn’t germinate so I am going to do a comparison and use 1 of those as a base standard for calcium levels. If I have a lot more calcium in my plants pot then it should mean that they are eating properly right?

Just remember organics your plant will back away from the table, but synthetics your plant will eat everything you give it , so walk it in slow

@KoolHandLuke I’m using FF trio Cultivation Nation, that’s synthetic I think. I was going to start at a 1/4 dose and up it a 1/4 a week.

@neofraud_811 as well. Something I began doing to see how it works is layer FFOF with pure coco while re-potting. They seem to like it so far. I haven’t tested the runoff

@Highwayman420, are you doing 1/2 and 1/2? Like top and bottom layer or are you just blending them together?

I do about inch layers of each, no particular order, except on top I use soil not coco,so I can gauge the moisture better. Coco dries out very fast.

@Highwayman420, I am going to stick with soil next grow (all fems/scrog). After that I was going to try coco or possibly going hydroponics because I will have lights and climate hopefully situated. I mixed about 25% Perlite and my water going straight to bottom. I have a feeling I have been watering on the light side but that’s why I’m puking all my thoughts here :grin:. Do you still wait 4 full weeks before you start nutes when u layer soil/coco?

I haven’t been giving them A. I have been giving them cannazym, rhizotonic, si and calmag. FFOF has enough of everything else for right now.

@Highwayman420, you just blew my mind. How old are your babies?