First indoor grow in soil

Your monster was truly a monster!!I have 2 clones from GG going in pots!! ASAP!! I hope they bulk up like yours!! Be proud of your rewards!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

`

Hey there @Skydiver. I’m going to make

is it a must to use organic rice? I have La rice in cabinet to use right now if can be used instead.

2 Likes

AND @Skydiver

I have enough of this on hand also.

Hello @Angie
I’m not sure about if rice selection affects the process. I’m sure what you have will work as long as it’s not instant rice.
Organic everything is better in my opinion.
Looks like you will be making a fairly large batch.
What will you be using it for?
I believe I used about 1 cup of rice and after the 3-4 days and it smells sweetish the amount I had and then combined with the milk (10 parts milk to 1 part rice wash) ended up giving me 3 quarts of LAB.
The amount used when feeding to you or the plants is very small …
1000:1 to 500:1 range so when mixing LAB with water etc it will go a long way…just FYI regarding batch size with rice amount. I used two 2 quart wide mouth glass containers I picked up from Dolllar General for a couple bucks each for the milk mix+rice wash. starting with about 1 cup of dry rice and adding chlorine free water to just be level with the rice in that container.
The Molasses is only needed at the end if you can’t store the LAB in the fridge. So if you need to store it at room temp then you would add the Molasses. I have mine in the fridge so I didn’t add it. I’m not sure how long the Molasses is good for as it added if not refrigerated to feed the Bacteria and at some point they would need more food I would think. If in the fridge the bacteria is in a more dormant stage and isn’t as active so no need to feed them.
This is how I understand things. I too am new to this process so I may not be completely accurate as of yet in my understanding of it.

Hope this helps and HAGD

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know. I just copied your recipe not know anything other than liking the idea. I have 2 in flower on FoxFarmTrio and then 4 12 day up seedlings and 2 clones that I will use LAB and the other teas in your thread. Compare notes and pics. Lord knows I have plenty from this grow!! Lol!! That is my plan anyways. I need to get prepared for their very first feeding though. So you say i can cut that recipe down 1/2 and have enough? I will use it for my 4x6 raised garden bed. Might grow an auto out there when the weather permits so that’s pretty much it. Thank you so much for your help!!!:star_struck::star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No problem glad to help.
You can always make more when needed.
I have a lot and only started with 1 cup of rice I believe.
I have to give credit where credit is due as this LAB info was not started by me I just tried it too.
The recipe originated from a post by @latewood from a video series and @garrigan62 picked it up and made the batch and I followed with my own.

Here is the link to that video
KNF LABS - Chris Trump ~ Hawaii
There are many more in the Natural Korean farming thread

Hope this helps and HAGD

1 Like

Thanks Skydiver. Definitely a THANK YOU shout out to @garrigan62 and @latewood also!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just came across this article relating to LAB

2 Likes

I am starting my recipe out with 1 cup Cajun Country Rice 2 cups water.

Thank you

Is the Cajun rice pre spiced? Or is there a seasoning packet that flavors it Cajun style?
Just saying you want good old plain not instant not adulterated rice
I didn’t measure water as you just add enough to get to the level of the rice in the container.

1 Like

Its plain white long grain. Rice from from Crowley, La.:wink: Homegrown to me.Lol!!:grin::grin:

I started with 1 big c rice/2 c tap water. Will tap hurt anything? Didn’t think that far ahead!

It was a little more water than just over rice but it had to sit for a few minutes waiting on me to deal with the youngun

put it in grow room. Cool and dark.

2 Likes

So I think I read you had foxtailing issues what did you do just leave and see how far it will go or cut em off

1 Like

I’m just rolling with it. I know some strains (like WW) are just going to foxtail… it’s their genetics…maybe wrong…I’m still just a babe in the woods here… but I’m guessing I helped my issue by having lights too close thinking I was doing good. Not knowing!! Another lesson amongst several these 2 girls have taught me with help from the Gurus here of course!!!

1 Like

But did you cut the foxtail off or leave it

1 Like

I let them be. @garrigan62 posted good info 5 days back that will be good for you to read up on. Not smart enoug to pass it too you. Sorry about that.

Is it in this thread

1 Like

Yes 5 days back

1 Like