First indoor grow - ILGM Big Bud

I promise you it’s not “1 drop out and you kill your plant” lol! Once a week you change the water for DWC, and when you do that, you’ll be adding nutrients to the reservoir. From there, you just check the pH daily. That’s it. Sometimes you’ll need to fix the pH to keep it in range, but for that you just use a few drops of pH up or pH down. After 4 days the water pH will usually stay constant until her weekly water change is ready. No more checking runoff, no more dirty soil around, and no bugs in soil to worry about.

I honestly think I spend less time on my girls with hydro than when I was growing in soil. But for me, hydro is the way to go.
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

4 Likes

Yes. The soil thing is what made me think about it. And I could probably fit 2 in as opposed to 1 5gal pot as my tent isnt huge.

Had a few RL issues so been a bit slack with posting.
days 4/5/6

Been spraying water on the leaves as well as the soil. Root has started to come out of the bottom of the pot so have moved it onto a saucer as its sitting on soil

1 Like

@ktreez420 is so correct…DWC is a great learning experience and not difficult, no more than soil.
there are posts every day from soil growers with problems.

my biggest concern was a power outage…the last few years, at this time, we had big storms that knocked out electricity for a week.

the plants wouldn’t have survived that.

I worry about enough things, but when I did the DWC at the beginning of this year, losing power was ALL I thought about.

2 Likes

Maybe I will look into that for my next grow. Get 2 plants in the tent :blush:

Day 7

Looking good. This was last night and on checking this morning its grown again. Should I be thinking of transplanting into a bigger pot? My outside grow I started in the 5 gal from seed

Ok so day 8 from seed and its looking great

Temps are slightly high though. Currently I don’t have an intake fan and just use the airflow from the extraction so I might need to get something to assist. High of 84 but my central heating is now on which might be why but I guess I could move my fan to draw the air in from the outside.

3 Likes

Finally got a small fan to pul air out but it’s passive and around 85 at peak day

1 Like

Day 9

Plant is looking great and seems to be coming along nicely.

Lights are on 18/6 but now the central heating has come on, the temps are sitting over the 80’s, although humidity is just under 40 which isnt good so I am spraying the leaves of the plant with room temp water 3 times a day.

So to help with the temp I have re-positioned the obligatory clip on fan just in front of my passive intake.

Its a bit Heath Robinson but I gave it half an hour and it had already brought the temp down to just above 80 and holding up a lighter to the outside clearly showed that there was quite a strong current of air being drawn into the tent and the same on the outtake leaving the tent so I am hoping that this will sort it out :slight_smile:

For veg you’re ok with growing at those temps. It’s flower that you’ll want to get them even lower. For veg you’ll want to get your humidity up, but you’re doing the right thing by spraying the plant with water to add to the humidity. I wouldn’t think of transplant until she’s a bit older, in my opinion. I personally wait until the cotyledon leaves have begun to turn yellow. I’d let her get some more roots going, then I’d transplant into a bigger pot. But I’m a hydro grow, let’s see what the soil masters think @yoshi @Brian091180 @Majiktoker @garrigan62
:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

1 Like

@Scowners
Yes id like it at 75 for veg as for humidity ive never had issues at 40-50% RH just keep doing what your doing @ktreez420 thanks for the shout out lol spray 3 or 4 times daily when soil drys out
I do my best to keep my whole grow at 75 with lights on 65 lights out

2 Likes

@Scowners,

Ktreez has great info. But I would go ahead and transplant into final grow pot.

Will.

1 Like

Day 10

So have transplanted into 5 gal pot last night. Watered around the plant and it looks ok this morning. I have also opened the window in the room so that hopefully some cool air gets in and will keep the temps down. I have also moved the light up a bit to see if that helps and repositioned the fan so that its still over the intake but pointing towards the light. Will keep a check on it.

Thanks @ktreez420 @Brian091180 @garrigan62. Pleased to know I am doing the right things :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thumbs up my friend. Now in her new home she will settle in. Keep us poisted. OK

Wil.

2 Likes

She’s gonna get big

1 Like

I hope so. Not long and I can start some sort of LST so we can see how big, big bud really gets.

1 Like

All Aces my friend

Transplant to final pot as for flowering and veg temps it honestly depends on strain different strains can with stand different temps as they originate from different climates

2 Likes

Yes @Majiktoker thats true. I know its a bit hot but the plant is fine, looks well and is growing and looking happy so Im going to be doing what I can but until the plant looks a bit stressed im pretty chilled about it

Most of the time in flower temps are a concern but humidity is a big factor I think you’ll be fine, I’ll be watching your thread in case any thing happens

2 Likes