First Indoor Grow- I need help

I think the comment that I was looking for as I was deciding if I was going to defoliate that far… was the comment I never found.

I found loads of “I probably defoliate more than others feel comfortable doing” and just as many “see how quickly they recover”, but I didn’t see any “damn. I wish I didn’t pull so many leaves”.

Also, the people I did see stripping entire plants, or “”Schwazzing” their plants, were usually growers that I have a solid respect for their method of growing. I might not grow like they grow (due to my self-imposed restrictions) but I like what they do.

I just left the skirt leaves because they weren’t blocking anything but dirt. And I thought that if I did run into a deficiency, and the mobile nutrients in the big leaves should provide a buffer, or an additional indication that the plants have a problem.

4 Likes

LOL Yes, I defoliate more than most growers and that’s something I’ve never thought or said.

4 Likes

And I’ll probably strip them again around day 42.

3 Likes

Day 18 since flip, am loving this bud packing.

6 Likes

Looking really good! What nutes you using? I scrolled back a bit and didn’t see…

@Zee

2 Likes

@MaD-VapoR, hahaha. Am not using any nutes. Well besides Calmag at 2.5ml per gallon every watering. I used fox farms trio my first 2 grows and in a nutshell, every time I flushed it would cause issues.

I like the thought of nutes, if this experiment to me only using ocean forrest and transplanting up every 5 weeks works, I won’t use any going forward. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll be going to Jacks321.

Ocean forrest is a legit soil for growing the girls to avoid using nutes, I believe it will work, one more transplant in a few weeks. Not sure if @Hellraiser has any advise or feedback on what am doing?

5 Likes

Looking great @Zee!! Nice job as always!! Beautiful buds and fan leaves!! Stay Safe and Lit My Friend!!!:fire::fire::fire::v::v:

3 Likes

Thank you @Ah-hee, much respect and positive vibes to you and yours. I need a few more updates till I pick your beautiful swan. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the positive vibes much needed right now @Zee! This grow is so weird of mine! They are all at such different stages lol and more seeds dropped. Ill keep posting and you can let me know the swan😁

2 Likes

Should be an interesting and worthwhile experiment to see if you can get through to harvest without any deficiencies. In theory, you should be able to with properly timed transplants and adding enough new soil. OF has plenty of nitrogen and phosphorus so should be good there, potassium is a bit low for flowering so I’d be looking for any issues with that but may be fine, ya never know.

4 Likes

Heck yeah! And I love those colors.

3 Likes

How long did it take before you saw the pollen sacs

1 Like

Usually takes 4-6 weeks.

2 Likes

I’m at 3 and a half now do I gotta start watching like a hawk

1 Like

About the 5th week. Every plant is different though.

2 Likes

Daily visual management of them. Those sacs I caught 8 days after flipping to 12/12.

3 Likes

Week 5 since flip, bud packing in full bloom, some amber)brown hairs started. I decided to start using nutes a week ago, I figure I won’t have to flush. Since I was growing in FFOF the entire grow and have 5 weeks left.

7 Likes

Looking Great Zee! Very nice Brother! :ok_hand: :v:

2 Likes

Very Nice Zee! Who said less is more…

1 Like

Looking great! :fire::evergreen_tree::dash:

2 Likes