First Indoor Grow- I need help

LOL, I was wondering why you had your tent upside down in that other thread. I was thinking is that an observation window (some tents have one in the front), it was a passive intake. Not making fun of ya, just made me smile.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser I almost died laughing with the wife. Classic Newb mistake! It makes so much sense now…at least I didn’t put the pots on top of a light… lmao

2 Likes

LOL, Yeah. it’s good to find things we can laugh at this point.

1 Like

Absolutely, especially when it’s at yourself! Starting the 18/6 cycle this evening. Ready for the MH housing and new tent next week, so I can really start seeing some growth. Do you LST? I know you SCROG and chop the top, I just wanted to chop, disadvantages if you don’t SCROG?

1 Like

I don’t tie my plants down, valid method but not one I employ, better for short tent/small space people, I like to grow them bigger/taller. I would not recommend SCROG for new growers. In my journal I will go into how I do it but for new growers it’s best to just get your plant to this level (pic below) and then flower. With SCROG, you can’t pick up your plants/pots to judge water weight and if there are problems, it can be harder to deal with.

Get a good harvest the simple way first then you can think of other things you may want to try.

6 Likes

@Hellraiser, can’t say thanks enough for the grow guide your making, and the mentoring. Day 10, getting bigger :slight_smile:

![IMG_20200426_164033|375x500](upload://vBfyujFXTrnsJ7QIeDm9dlnri4r.jpe tog)

Since I’ll be transferring from FFOF solo cup to 3 gallons, of FFOF, I wouldn’t need to add nutes for a month after transplant?
Again, this following your method:)

1 Like

@Zee, your sprouts look great! I’m happy your plants are doing so well.

With FFOF, no nutes needed for a month after transplant. If you are using RO or distilled water, get some CalMag.

1 Like

I’ve got FF trio, still need calmag?

1 Like

If you use RO or distilled water, you will need CalMag.

Using tap water, it’s got high PH 10, using pH down, should I see what the ppm is? I got the tester for it

1 Like

The Big Bloom, part of the trio is really nice to use with the transplant water, I used to use 2 capfuls per gallon and the plants loved it, nice root stimulator.

Yes, always good to see what the tap water tests too. My tap is about 8 ph and 478 ppm, so I use RO water

Man, compared to my tap at 41ppm, yours seems toxic! Lol…am I good with trio? I can still return it, and get the 4 you have on your guide. Am 6 to 7 weeks from needing nutes.

1 Like

41 ppm is great tap water, if I had that I would just use it (ph’d of course) rather than messing with RO. I don’t even give my tap water to my dogs and cats.

I’d stick with the trio for the first couple grows, much simpler system. The 4 nutes I use in veg is not bad, but in flowering, it increases to like 14 different bottles of nutes and supplements and at $35 a bottle, can get quite expensive as well.

1 Like

@Hellraiser any concerns on twisted leaves this early in the grow? It’s on each plant. What I read is PH balance, more HI, than low, but all those post are in aged veg stage. I can check ppm run off tonight, I’ll just had to add 6 or 7 ounces instead of 4.

1 Like

Wouldn’t worry about it, a little leaf twisting like that is normal specially on the first set as it tries to grow bigger. But stay on top of your ph anyway, only 6.5 water, and do a runoff test, might as well start getting familiar with the tools and tests of the trade.

1 Like

@Hellraiser, man getting a new batch of water to 6.5 requires a lot of finesse, had to make 3 batches. Ready to get the experience in to make it faster. Also, doesn’t help I don’t have PH up, yet. However think I found the right ml to gallon, got to take notes!

Runoff: PH 5.79, interesting that I thought I would get 6.5 out of it. What you put in, is what you get out?
PPM, 1221. Haven’t researched this yet. Thoughts?

1 Like

Ph of runoff being a little lower than going in is normal. The ocean forest with it’s loads to nutes also tends to go a little more acidic than happy frog. I wouldn’t worry unless the runoff got less than 5.5.
Get some calmag, I think with your low tds water that you have, you will need it, sooner or later, probably sooner.

1 Like

And soon, you’ll have the ph thing down and know how many drops per gallon to get to where you want. Yeah I can imagine with no ph up, oops went too far down again, dump and start over, lol.

1 Like

@Hellraiser got my light housing, everything… question. I tried to tell off your pictures, but couldn’t. Does the exhaust fan need to be connected on the bulb side or housing side?

1 Like

Day 13. Thank you! The little one is the WW, that’s a week behind, the white residue is from Neem oil, sprayed right after before lights out, maybe a little to soon.

3 Likes