First Indoor Grow- I need help

@Hellraiser @Myfriendis410

Put my Temp and Humidity monitor in the tent, w/o my fans or vent output in, yet. Been in 3 hours, temp seems to maintain 79 and humidity at 31. Any concerns? Plants will go in Wednesday

Itā€™s in the OK zone for me, a little higher humidity would be nice but I grow at 30RH with no problem. Itā€™ll get cooler with some exhaust going. Good ventilation is key to a good grow environment, want fresh air in, stale warm air out.

1 Like

The plants will bump that up. Cycling the fans on and off when little can bump the RH up. I personally like around 60% in veg.

FYI you donā€™t need any charcoal filter now. Rule of thumb would be to have 40% or lower before you do to maintain charcoal life. If the plants let you.

1 Like

@Hellraiser got my seeds. I see in a recent post, you soak them for 24 hours. Soaking mine, the 3 different strands are floating on top of the water, is that ok? Also do you put them in your tent for the soak? Thank you in advance

Floating is fine, they can still absorb the water but If you give them a little push down with your fingertip after a few hours they should sink and stay down but either is fine. I just sit them anywhere that my cats canā€™t get to them, usually in my china cabinet.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser I recently had this same question but never bothered to ask bc I knew the seeds were getting h2O either way butā€¦I did sink 5 seeds to find out, they came right back to the top. Weird stuff. Itā€™s only hour 43ish or so and only 2 have cracked, one has a visible taproot and with other I just see that itā€™s cracked. It was kinda just a trial run as these seeds were of a good strain, OG, however this particular OG wound up a hermie obv bc seeds were EVERY where and you had to smoke 8 blunts to even feel anything :roll_eyes:. Yea my dude got me there. Anyhow my babies are about to be dropped in my mailbox WW AF and Iā€™m going to continue with the water popping but not exceed 24 hours with them. Iā€™m all setup and ready to rock, I THINK. Lol

1 Like

@Firewater am following hellraisers grow method, mine were planted 2 days ago. Iā€™ll keep you posted/tagged to follow how mine go.

1 Like

@Zee thanks bud! Hey you gotta link to his method btw or does he have a write up?

1 Like

@Firewater I donā€™t know if he has a guide, good question. I have picked up on some of his methods reading other post. I planned on asking him questions as they come up, a lot of information in this thread for us to get started. Am sure @Myfriendis410 and @Hellraiser are here for us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Always @Zee

@Firewater, This thread has a pretty detailed explanation of my method This is the smallest pot plant I have ever seen - #63 by Larry

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what they pay me the big bucks for lol. (not)

4 Likes

You mentors and advanced growers are beasts man, seriously. The plant literally is a weed, we of course must remember that, but when artificially reproducing nature with an indoor grow tent, lights etc there is much room for human error. Good to know you guys are close by. I just starting soaking my first 2 WW autos waiting to see some tails. Iā€™m going to go with the manufacturers recommended plug and dome the first go round, but if that doesnā€™t work Iā€™ll immediate swap up to solo cups. Thanks guys

2 Likes

Yeah these plants grow like crazy if you let them, and donā€™t do things to slow them down. Good light, temps, fresh air, water and food is all it takes. Find a way that works for you and learn how to read the plants, they tell you what they need.

Those plants in the earlier pic are now in the flower tent and taking it over, I love a full flowering tent.

4 Likes

@Hellraiser when do you crop the top? I have been reading some advice between 2 nodes and 6. Also, whatā€™s you light cycle on seedlings?

@Zee, I wait until the plant has 6 nodes (6 sets of leaves/branchs) not counting the first round cotyledons, which ensures it has a nice big root system to recover quickly, then I cut above the 3rd real node, leaving 6 main branches from the 3 nodes under the cut.

I do 24/0 on seedlings under a 125 watt CFL for 7-10 days then switch to 400 watt MH at 18/6 for 3 weeks, then 600 watt MH for the rest of veg.

1 Like

@Hellraiser, I bought a 400w and 600 Watt Metal Halide MH Conversion Grow Light Bulb Lamp - Enhanced Blue and Violet Spectrums CCT 4200K, 60,000 Lumens bulbs onlyā€¦and reflective back housing for the bulbs. Will this be enough for the veggie stage? Thank you for creating your grow guide. I can return the housing and bulbsā€¦I will need help/advise on flowering lights

@Zee, yes that will be plenty, I use a 400 watt MH til they get about a month old then kick up to the 600. You can just switch to a 600 watt HPS for flowering.

1 Like

@Hellraiser thank you! Saw your pup on your new guide post. Here is our one and only pup, beagle mix. She is a sweetheart and 9 weeks old!

7 Likes

Ahh, so cute! Heres a better pic of mine, sheā€™s just over a year old, pitbull/american bulldog mix, she is so sweet as well.

5 Likes

Thanks for noticing and youā€™re very welcome. Good timing since your seeds are just a couple weeks behind mine.