First Indoor Grow- I need help

Yay! Fantastic!

2 Likes

Yep. love the smell when I open the flower tent.

2 Likes

Actually my half gallon came out, the water was right there. I only had 2.5 gallon containers, that extra half gallon of soil, must have made the difference.

It’s the AK, 1/2 dose of FF trio veg nutes, let’s see how she reacts, she is that light green you mention in your guide.

2 Likes

In your ear again. PPM readings in 495, out 1805. Any concerns on that transplant water run off #?

I think I should have waited to add more water, it took 45 minutes for the girl to drain. I know I have the perlite mix right…just live and learn.

Thanks again Hell!

1 Like

High ppm out is normal for fresh soil, even happy frog. It’d be closer to 3000 with fresh ocean forest. LOL, long drain time yep to get out that extra half gal back out, keep that in mind with your other transplants and maybe just a cup or 2 over the gal to get just a little runoff and less drain time. She is nicely ferted so we should see some greening up over the next few days.

1 Like

Busy morning, transfered the other two girls. If using fabric pots, make sure to leave space between the new setting and sides of pot, you will have to push down soil, to get the wrinkles out from the pot. I found leaving enough room to get the sides of my hand down worked well, and housed my girl directly in the middle.

Lesson learned! It takes awhile for a gallon of water to start runoff in the new soil and pot (like 20 minutes).

Now onto the experiments:

I took 2 sucker branches off the WW: no aloe, just straight into FFOF solo cup, the AK at day 8 using aloe, is showing new growth!

Veg tent, because it was empty. 3 cucumber plants in front are growing in MG soil, they started off strong, but at week 3, are getting lighter green and not growing much, compared to the 3 in back using FFOF, the cucumber’s love the soil, all super healthy, nice vibrant green, big leaves. The only difference these have is soil. Next season, the wife and I maybe switching to FFOF for our vegetable garden.

3 Likes

Nice work, you’re a transplanting pro now.

If the clone experiments start wilting on you, just give them a nice water misting to keep them hydrated.

2 Likes

Can I skip to harvest pro? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OMG! @Zee Those clones are amazing. I’m gonna have to go get my glasses.

1 Like

Overnight the cucumber girls in Miracle grow are not looking good. The 2 in front are MG soil, the one in back is FFOF.

1 Like

I think am behind on keeping the bottom 3rd of the plant trimmed up. My gut is telling me to clean it up to 6 maybe 7"?

Plants are mostly 14" tall with the top two colas pushing 18".

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Yes, good time to start cleaning up the bottom a bit more aggressively before flowering. Specially any small thin sucker branches down there or start there, also thinning out some of the plant where growth has gotten too thick to open it up for more airflow, remove any large leaves that grew in the center of the plant. 7" would be good for now and get you closer to where you want to be when you install the screen.

2 Likes

Thanks again Hell! Almost half way through the cycle, and nothing short of being proud and happy!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s like climbing a mountain, we’re almost to the top and then it’s downhill from there.

2 Likes

Sometimes I look at my plants and I can’t believe I grew that.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

1 Like

Those are Looking nice man… excited for you @Zee

1 Like

Thank you!

Hell, these two colas are 7" above the rest of the colas, and plant in general. Compared to the other 2 girls, they are 5" taller. She is a BG, and light hog, IMO. Any benefit too retop the two colas?

Also had a bad dream I had a light leak, and they went back into veg stage. What’s the process, to get a girl back into flower, after a reveg? Time and back into 12/12 light cycle?

If I had 4 plants, and all same strain, I’d have the sea of green :slight_smile: next grow!!

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I was about to post something like that on my grow log about a bad dream! I dreamt that I woke up and all of the leaves on the plants were curled up in yellow and brown. I kept thinking what the hell? These all looked great last night! I was in full panic mode. And then I woke up.

Stupid brain. Nobody asked for that!

1 Like