First indoor grow doing LST

This is my first grow in a 2x2x4ft grow tent. Have a 2000watt full spectrum grow light. The light was given to me. Plant is a cloned Bruce Banner that was topped alittle too early. 5gallon plastic pot with Mother Earth CocoPeat soil using GH MaxiGro/CALiMAGic mix. Being my first grow using a tent and LST, any tips that any growers would suggest. I was thinking about doing LST with SOG. Im hoping I didn’t start to late or didn’t mess anything up.

1 Like

How high above the plant?
Lower if not hot.

1 Like

Nice planter drainage set-up. A clean tent is health for the grow and the grower.

1 Like

Please use a flash when taking pics or turn odd grow light

4 Likes

There is not much foliage on your plant. You need a better light. I wouldn’t take anything off. She needs those leaves to synthesize the sugars the plant needs to be healthy and grow. Investing in a good light is the best thing that you can do for your grow.

4 Likes

Light is about 17-18inch. The light isn’t hot at all being LED. The light doesnt have any white light, only blue and red lights

Thanks man. I was trying to figure out the best drainage situation being my first grow using a tent. Going from green house to doing a tent grow is a learning experience for sure.

I haven’t stripped really anything off. I’ve had it in full sun while I got the tent set up for this grow. While starting LST, acouple branches split the stock so i very carefully taped it up for the healing process. I know it might be best situation.

@adaml559 Im in line with @MidwestGuy about no more defoliating. You’ve already got her spread out and that’s a good position to let her turn upward from but I’m not a fan of the light either. What do your specs say about distance from canopy? She could probably go closer or be dialed up if you have a dimmer? Good luck!! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’m not going to defoliating her atleast not for a while. Im gonna to mess around with the light and move it a little closer. Unfortunately no dimmer. Being my first tent grow, I’m still trying to figure it out. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Lst training and fimming will get ur plant to produce more branches and more bud sites

2 Likes

Imo get another light asap those blurples ain’t worth a dime buddy

1 Like

Here’s an update. Still have the bluple light in the tent and added two more white grow lights to the tent and slowly vegging more. Unfortunately , im working with what I can right now being my first indoor grow.

@adaml559 this experience will catapult you to bigger and better going forward!! :+1:t2::green_heart:

1 Like

I agree with you there. Thank you for the positive encouragement.

Here’s a little update. I was a little late doing the netting. Was able to save some money and do the netting myself. Did the second dose of Mendocino 6-30-30 with a 12/12 light cycle. Slowly coming along. Dealing with a slight Spider mite problem. Using Growers Ally Crop Defender 3. Great stuff and organic all the way up to harvest.

Here’s a little update on my first tent grow. I’m going on 4th week of flower and its slowly coming along. So far I’m happy and its definitely a learning curve. Working with the lights I have unfortunately without spening the money on a new light if tent grow isn’t my cup a tea.

1 Like