First indoor grow , and journal

I rekin you are right my friend hahaha

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna have to grab one of those as well, being a tall dude I totally get you on that hahaha.

1 Like

Take a look at this pic

That is what I have usually been adding, and that day it was added into my 6gal reservoir for mixing before giving them to the girls. But hope this helps I’ve been using every product of their line and love the results so far. I always started on lpwer doses and worked my way up. Also going to be giving their flower stacker and sweet and sticky a try for flower as well
Also I would usually water them every 2-3 days depending on how they and their soil were looking. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Not much to update on today as I am leaving the tent in darkness today to help them transition into flower . But I couldn’t help myself on having to see inside to make sure all is well. So instead of cracking the tent I turned on the IR on my camera for 10 seconds so i can take a very quick snapshot then immediately turned it back off . Lol this is what i saw…

They look fine . Just excited to wake them up tomorrow with the new timing schedule. I’m finding that since I refuse to go into my closet today to help keep total darkness I feel that I dont know what to do with all the time I would usually spend in there with the girls so I do have a few plants outside and was planning on letting them grow without any training or anything but due to boredom I tied those girls down hahaha . Just cant seem to stop fiddling with them haha. Will have more to report in the morning. (Also note to self…hook up the UVA light bar in the morning ) excited to finally use that thing as well!

2 Likes

Back for today’s update! Woke the girls up today and all seems to be well. Gave them a small topdressing just enough to put a nice layer on top, and water and fed . Finally put some of the sweet and sticky into my mix today, looking forward to seeing how it works for me. Also I did a minor defoliation just to the underside of the canopy to get rid of any low hanging leaves , ones overlapping eachother , and the ones that wernt benefitting from light at all anymore. Also helped to maintain the open underside I’m trying to achieve to help with airflow and watering.

That’s how they look as of now, looking good but the canopy is beginning to be a little uneven for my liking at curtain points but hey I’ll live with it cause as this is my first attempt I’m just happy that it looks the way it does haha. I’m not sure if I mention before but I also have a supplemental lighting system as well in the tent, before I had a blue led bulb at the back corner of the tent to just give them more blue. But today switched it out for my red/ir one. Thinking about maybe running both? We will see cant see it hurting them . But due to the height of the plants now I am going to start moving all my accessories up a little to match the height, things such as my camera fans thermostat and whatnot . But very excited to see how they react in the following days. I want to do some defoliation at the top of the canopy but should I wait a while for the buds to form before i start to do that? Or would it benefit me getting rid of a little now. Also debating putting up my second net just for support and more places to easily open up some branches . What do you guys think?

4 Likes

This is under the canopy . Thinking about taking out a little more ? It looks a lot more open in person than it does in the pic . I just want to make sure I’m letting as much light threw the leaves to some of the mid branches in the middle . I know stretch is coming so just not sure when to give them more of a haircut haha .

5 Likes

Yeah I would work on the lower third clean em up first week flower, then later clear out some on top especially those covering bud sites

2 Likes

Lights are already off for today in the tent so I’m planning in tomorrow doing some more maintenance underneath. The total bottoms of the plant are naked but there are definitely a few mid branches with tiny bud sites that I will be getting at tomorrow. Then thinking after a week in flower I will do my first defoliation up top then maybe another about a month in.

2 Likes

They look great to me. In a week ull have a ton to cleanup. Enjoy the calm before the storm lol

2 Likes

I can only imagine hahaha definitely will have a lot to get rid of . But your absolutely right better try and stay on top of it as best I can haha.

2 Likes

I started using as soon as they popped their heads above the ground. Will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Cool! Good luck my friend, wish you the best with it. Ever need anything else I’m always a tag away.

So I’m back for another update. Unfortunately I didnt get to post one yesterday because it was just one of those days running around trying to stay of top of everything . To catch everything up ,yesterday was another good one in my book for the plants. No changes really but good continued growth.

It’s been really hot and rainy where I’m at, so you know what that means! Humidity! Usually not too big of a deal but the houses air conditioning has been off so it’s been a little tough to keep temp and humidity where I want it, but still in acceptable range . So i did do a lot of repositioning fans and had to crank my exhaust fan all the way up to try and keep up with it. Then it dawned on me about my higher humidity level. I’m still using the tiny little dehumidifier that I originally bought for my old 2x4 tent so needless to say it just couldn’t keep up with that higher demand. So I went out and bought a much bigger better one to place in the closet with the tent. It’s a 35 pint model which let me tell you , it actually works pretty well considering the amount of water I had to drain out in such a small amount of time haha . My little one been going for days straight and barely has a full tank. (And it’s a small 750ml one I believe lol). This is the upgrade here.

And here it is compared to the old one hahahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And so let’s bring everyone up to date for today… I had a big surprise when I opened my tent today which immediately caught my attention and made my stress level rise! 2 of my plants were completely droopy and the branches were all flimsy and just not holding themselves up at all.

So I knew that I was gonna water them today so before I went crazy looking into that I figured I would water/feed them. Their last watering was on 6/13. Made sure I gave them all a really nice watering insuring there was plenty of runoff so I know all the soil is soaked. (I do feel like my last couple waterings have been a little light due to me trying to transition them to flower and stay of top of the mess of water that’s hard to clean up the way the tent is) and I watered the 2 problem plants first. And sure enough before I was even finished watering the other ones I looked over and both plants were standing upright and looking 100% better. Lol thank god. Should have considered to up the amount of water they been getting due to their larger size haha. So heres how they looked not even 20 mins after watering them, it amazes me how quick they can turn around.

I also took off a lot more leaves today and lower small bud sites at nodes and whatnot to get rid of all the potential popcorn buds that I dont want all on the underside of the canopy.

That’s how they look under their skirts now hahaha. Much more cleaned up than before. But still looking forward to removing some of the upper growth to give access to more bud sites on the top of the plants/ canopy very soon. Thinking about doing a small defoliation up there at about maybe the end of week 1 . Then another after about a month we will see time will tell. But going to continue to stay of top of these girls a little better from now on , very excited and waiting to see some buds starting to form . Hope all is well with everyone else! Hope you guys are enjoying the ride with me thus far haha.

5 Likes

Also wanted to add that since my temps have been a little higher than I would like I figured I may as well try to take “advantange” of it and bought one of those stupid jugs that make c02 or whatever and it’ll be here today . Lol wont hurt I guess right? Hahaha but it might just make me feel a little better about them being at the temp they are at and that alone will be worth the $30 I spent on this thing if it does nothing else for me .

1 Like

And once the houses air conditioning finally gets turned on indefinitely for the summer I wont have to worry about it anymore hahaha

1 Like

Also I think I mentioned it before but I do have a second scrog net that I think I want to use, I’m just not sure when the most beneficial time to do so is. That is if it is even worth it? What do you guys think? What have you done? Or what would you do? The first net that is in there now has 4 inch squares . The other one I want to use has 6 inch. Should I even bother ? Or can I get something out of using it ?

1 Like

I do appreciate the help. My crop has had the desired effect, but not very big nuggets. Hoping this cures that issue.
Thank you again, much respect.

3 Likes

This is why I love reading these journals I learn and or it helps me to figure some of my bumps in the road had forgotten I have a older one thanks dude and keep it green

2 Likes

Always here and happy to help , no problem my dude !! Glad you got something out of this!

1 Like

I’m no expert but I would continue doing you and when you get thinned out and the buds start stackin up id use the bigger net to hold up your monster buds. In my limited grow experience the scrog should be done when they’re still in veg so you can train them and when the net is about 75% full flip to flower. This actually helped me to determine when to flip

1 Like