First indoor grow , and journal

Heck you ought to grab come more clones off them girls before ya flip😎

3 Likes

I turn the lights off on a day I water/feed. I water at lights on as usual the day of the flip and when the lights go off, I start 48 hrs of lights off and then I water when I turn em back on. The plants don’t drink much during lights off and I don’t like a wet pot with lights off either. I think it knocks a day or two off for when buttons start.

3 Likes

Yeah you know I probably should , there is a few branches that arnt gonna make it to the net, and I’ve already grabbed quite a few at this point but bey who dosent like to have more hahaha

1 Like

Why do you say that ? It will actually work out that way with how I have my watering schedule set up , saturday is the next “planned” watering day but why does it benefit watering them the day of flip ?

Example: Let’s say I water every other day. If my plan is to flip on Friday, I’ll water on Thursday. Let them sit in the light for Friday (put them to bed on Friday night), leave them in a dark room for all day Saturday, and then bring them out on Sunday morning to begin 12/12. Skipping the light cycle is indicating to your plants that a big change is coming ang get ready for the bloom cycle.

When I bring the plant out of their extended darkness cycle, I already know that they are extra thirsty. So I give them the H2O they expect, along with the extra yummy stuff you have in the top dressing along with their normal nutes. They’re going to get the hint that harvest is coming.

3 Likes

that’s awesome lol

3 Likes

I have not used this product but will look into it ASAP. I have been using Nutrients from ILGM site.
Thank you for your help
Taylor6String

1 Like

Ok so since I was planning on having tomorrow be their first day of 12/12 I should…
Water them today (on Friday) and then tomorrow ( on saturday ) let them sit in the dark with no lights all day , and then on sunday give them their topdressing and water and feed as needed ? Then just make sure the light is scheduled for 12/12 starting sunday ? Does that sound right ? Am I understanding it correctly? I do get what you mean about it would signal to the plants that it’s time to change .

1 Like

I would only water today is the plants feels really light enough to indicate that it’s thirsty now. But that’s exactly what I would do.

1 Like

Ok cool yeah I might be able to get away with it today , I’ll have to check to make sure. Maybe I’ll just water with half the amount that I usually would cause based on how I’ve been watering them (usually every 2-3 days) tomorrow would have been the next scheduled watering. But ok cool I do kinda like that idea of the full day of darkness. Think that’s what I’m gonna do .

1 Like

No problem, it has definitely worked for me , good luck my friend

Just thought about it , I do have this 1 photo here…

I know it may not look like much but that plant was only in that pot for just shy of a week and when it was put into it , there was no roots showing at all so this maybe able to show how well the product worked for me

4 Likes

Yup thats solid root development for a week! Nice work

4 Likes

Thanks my friend

So update for today , this is how the girls are looking…

This morning was interesting tho, I woke up just to find out that my city’s power went out, and my house lost power 3 times. It was only for about 5-20 mins each time but was enough for me to lug out the generator. And of corse as soon as I got it up the power went back on and stayed on. Made me a little nervous if it stayed out for a long period I would have just kept them in the dark to initiate flower but was able to get this last day exactly how I wanted. (Also finally got the light to full blast, and set at 32in away from canopy) So I also did a light watering today because my plan is to keep the lights off all day tomorrow once they go out tonight. Then on sunday morning when it’s time to wake them up I will set the timing to 12/12. Also plan on giving a slight topdressing and water/feed when they get woken up sunday morning. Next post on here the girls will officially be in flower, very excited!

2 Likes

Thanks brotha, that’s my little buddy squirt helping out haha

1 Like

Also wanted to give a shout out to @GreenJewels great idea my dude , definitely helped get the girls in the back until I can set up a drip irrigation system for next grow.

Also the dog in the pic is my systers dog named Maple, sweetest little girl. Only a little over a year old. I babysit her from time to time due to my sis having her first child to help take some of the load off her, but also c’mon how could you say no to that cute little face hahaha she’s my little buddy and helper that never leaves my side…even when I want her to when I’m doing work in the tent haha.

3 Likes

Lol I rekin your buddy Squirt was pointing out a bit more room over there to jam another 50 plants in :wink:

No problem, I’m glad the sprayer is working for you. I also recommend a short stool on wheels to sit on while watering :grin: I roll around from tent to tent and it really saves my back.

The girls are looking great
Have a great weekend :v::green_heart:

1 Like

How did u use your humboldts secret supplies? Or did u just use the plant enzymes bottle?

My first run with it and I have come across problems.
New to growing bud! Still learning alot on my “practice run” but any info on how you’re scheduling water and nutrients may help myself and any other scrubs that have been mycologists over botanists :call_me_hand:t3::fire:good lookin ladies!