First indoor grow , and journal

Today’s update !

Well hello again everybody I am back again to catch everybody up on what has been going on . Today was my watering / feed day. I did that while adjusting curtain additions to my reservoir so I can incorporate the 2 new supplements without feeling like I am going overboard loading them up with everything to much. But they do seem to be taking everything pretty well. I have noticed a small “issue” beginning to develop . But I feel that now that I am noticing it I can adjust things to straighten out whatever may happen. Just today I have noticed that some of the tips of my leaves are turning like a lighter lime green/yellow than the rest of it. Not looking brown or anything yet but i am suspecting that they might be getting a tad nute burn maybe . The last few feedings I gave them have been a little bit on the higher side, and with trying to adjust amounts of everything I’ve been putting into the water to incorporate everything into it that I want to I may have been letting a little more than I should have slip by . But no biggie at this point yet. I have looked back in the photos I’ve been posting over the last few days and noticed if you look closely at them you can still see it in those photos which leads me to believe that it’s not completely due to the last few heavy feedings but maybe just being a little to high over the last week or so . Idk. But anyways here are some pictures that I took today.

And here are a few close up pics of some buds that I took so you guys can see what i am talking about a little better …

So as you can see looking a little closer it definitely caught my eye , I’m going either to try and just going with a lighter feeding, or just give them all water for their next scheduled watering/feed. It has been quite a while since I have done that. And I know some of you might ask what my runoff has been but unfortunately just like always when I would like to know it’s the time that I didnt catch and measure due to me just being lazy and the last few times I done it things were fine so I may have just gotten a little to comfortable with just doing what I want without fully knowing what they could be trying to tell me. Will do my best to catch and measure next time cause also it is very difficult to me to get in there and do that at this point due to the way I have everything set up. But anyways I could be wrong, it may be nothing but I am leaning towards a slight nute burn or the beginning of the plants telling me to chill out with the food for a bit lol what do you guys think ?

Also my outdoor girls are doing very well, although I think I’ve seen a few caterpillars outside and around the plants, and I have had problems with those burrowing caterpillars in the past so I was wondering what do you guys do for those things ? I’m sure there’s probably a spray or something I could try to deter/get rid of them but I’m just not sure, but would definitely like to stay ahead of any problems that could arise from that. But anyways here how they are looking as of today.

I am very excited for these girls to start flowering because like I have said many times on here already, before this year I have never manipulated/ trained any plants that I’ve grown in any way at all. So it’s going to be a sight to see for me to see those plants bud with all the tops that they have on them , definitely going to be very cool.

Gonna have to take some photos of my other tent and the clones in it in a little while , just havent got there yet with everything else I’ve done today hahaha. But anyways I’ll hop back on and post some pictures / updates on that when I can . Hope all is well with everyone ! Hope to talk and see you all in here soon ! Let me know what y’all think about that tip issue . Thanks everyone !!

PEACE !!!
:v::v::v:

5 Likes

Also here are the pics I promised of the other clone tent, just spent some time tying these girls down as much as I could again lol.

4 Likes

Hello friends, this isn’t going to be one of my usual updates because due to how tremendously busy I was today I totally spaced on taking some pictures of the plants in the 4x4 . But it’s ok…I guess lol only because I have some other stuff to update on so that is what is going to be taking front row in this show today lol. Before I go on about what I did I would like to say that today was my watering/feed day so i went ahead and did that, but i made sure i went very easy on the nutes due to the start of some burn signs i noticed and posted about the other day. So what i ended up doing was making my mix like usual but pretty much went about half strength, ppms were pretty much half of what they usually are going in . I havent seen any signs of the minor burn I do see furthering any more as of now, but we will see what time brings.

So what is going to be front row for today’s post is my outdoor girls and my 2x2 tent. So today I finally decided that is was time to transplant the girls that were outside . They were both in 3 gallon plastic pots . I put one into a 5 gallon plastic pot and the other into a 7 gallon plastic pot . I filled in the gap to fill up the pots with some fox farm ocean forest with added perlite and I also added some dynomyko in for good measure. I can already tell that they are going to shoot up very soon, they have yet to go into flower so when they hit their stretch , they are definitely going to be monsters. Here is what they looked like after the transplant …

They both had very good root growth and they did that "all naturally " without the help of any type of mykos they were just in the FFOF that they have been in since their original transplant into those 3 gal pots. Also I wanna add that I havent been giving them nutes like the other plants , I’ve pretty much just been trying to make it so they work off of whatever is in the soil with it being amended already. Other than the occasional cal mag or something like that , all that growth is just from the soil and rainwater . Here is the root growth i seen which also tells me they needed a bigger home .

So as you can see they looked pretty good.

One thing I also wanted to add is that I got a little surprise when I opened the 2x2 tent today. This is what I saw…

As of now I came to the conclusion that it is some type of cal mag issue. I havent been giving those plants anything besides water for pretty much their entire lives due to the soil I have been using . But just to be on the safe side in case it is anything else I cut off the few affected leafs and gave them all a watering with some cal mag in it . I don’t know why I didn’t think of it but it did just completely slip my mind. I gave my other plants cal mag when they were growing up before I started giving them feeding with nutes so dont know why I decided not to with these lol. But I’m learning hahaha just have a lot on my plate sometimes. But anyways just yesterday they didnt have those spots . I looked at the pics I have posted and in my phone and the last few days cant even see signs of that starting to happen . So hopefully I can get whatever it is under control . I have plenty of time they are photos in veg. But will post some updates on what they end up doing, will also post an update on the main 4x4 tent tomorrow as well so we can all see how they been doing. Hope all is well with everyone, if anybody has any other suggestions please do tell, will talk to you guys soon!!!

PEACE!!!

4 Likes

Learning indeed! Thats something only experience can teach you. After a few grows u can feel when to feed. U know the explosive growth requires X so u supply it just before she asks. Ur getting there my friend

4 Likes

Hello my people ! I am back today to post up a couple pics of the girls, this post should be short and sweet due to the fact that I still have a bunch of stuff on my to do list for today. But here you go , a couple pics of the 4x4 tent.

They are all doing very well still. I havent seen any further issues with the very minor nute burn I noticed the other day. So that’s great. Still going to monitor them and stay on top of letting them burn threw whatever they already have available to them. But I am just happy that I havent seen any further indication that they are still burning up. I am going to continue to give them lower ppm feedings for the next watering cycle or 2 . Also think I’m going to maybe push back my next watering about a day or so. But anyways I should be back on here later on with more pictures and information just wanted to burn up the couple minutes I had right now . Thinking about getting back in there to do more defoliation to them as it is getting very dence and leafy in there more than I would like and now with the buds fattening up I want to make sure they get as much light and air flow as possible. hope all is well with everyone , talk to you guys again later on tonight !

PEACE !!!

7 Likes

Hello again friends I am back with the pictures that I promised !!! Here they are …

So I am definitely going to do another defoliation soon, as soon as I have a couple hours of free time I’m gonna get in there and do it . I did cut off a few leafs that were on the underside and in the middle of the canopy that were overlapping, not benefitting from light, or that were blocking some of the lower budsites . Today is day 33 of flower so I think they look pretty good for what point they are at now. Hoping to really see them start to swell up soon. I think I’m pretty much hitting the half way point almost . Very excited to try these girls out when they are ready in the future, they are all already so very frosty and just smells amazing . Just simply having one of the buds touch my arm or hand when I’m working in there leaves it sticky as can be . Also I’m really hoping that with continued use of the supplements I’ve been using that I can pull some nice color out of them . The strain that some of those seeds came from was absolutely out of this world purple so with the purpinator and me going to try some cold temp therapy, fingers crossed I can get some nice color.

On another note how have you guys went about trying to get some color out of your plants besides just having nice genetics ? I usually keep my tent at 78°F and at night I’m usually around 69°F . It’s usually pretty hard for me to get it much lower than that. I’m thinking about maybe bumping up my temp to around 80°F so at least that way it’s a little bigger of a temp difference from day and night . Not sure yet we will see . But you guys think that’s enough to get what I’m trying to out of them ? Or should it be more drastic ? Just looking for all and any pointers to what you guys have done , or think I should try to get better results.

Thanks for stopping by ! Hope to hear from y’all soon.

PEACE!!!

5 Likes

Hey !!! I’m back again !!! Lol just wanted to post up a few more pics of my girls that are outside, look what I just seen when I went out to check on them …

So that’s pretty exciting , I’ve been saying that it should be coming very soon for a while now and it looks like the next phase is knocking on the front door lol. Very excited to watch these girls go through their stretch , they are already very big as it is so they should be pretty monstrous by the time they are both finished . With the size and how many tops they both have I should be able to get a decent yield from both of them alone.

Also does anybody know any methods to get rid of and deter burrowing caterpillars? Like I mentioned before I thought that I saw a couple around the garden where my plants are at, and I was correct because today I did find a spot at the base of one of the plants where one if them was munching away trying to get into the stalk . So I want to get in front of the problem before there’s any time for them to become a threat . Especially now going into flower soon, I dont want them around when the buds are here. Please let me know what you guys think or would do , I would absolutely appreciate it ! Thanks everyone ! See you all around soon .

PEACE!!!

3 Likes

Nice and the fun begins :laughing:

1 Like

Right !? Lol I was trying to get 2 harvests indoor before I harvested the 2 outside but as of now it’s not looking that way lol. But I will definitely have enough time to get 1 harvest and get the tent a good way through veg before I chop the 2 outdoor , so that’s still cool with me lol!

Dr Jacks (Spinosad I believe) is a caterpillar killer.

And the 80 to 69 degree swing should be plenty. Sounds about like my closet and I get pretty good colors usually.

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 awesome , sounds good my friend , glad I was in the range so all this time I’ve been doing it wasent for nothing lol

1 Like

Today’s update!!!

Hello friends I am back again for some more information on what’s going on up in my neck of the woods. Today was watering/feed day, I did mention before that I was thinking about pushing back watering or doing slightly less but with what was going on in the tent today I decided it would just be better to do it . When I opened the tent today I noticed that the one plant I have in coco was droopy due to needing water, so I figured if that one was how it was I’m better off just sticking to the schedule cause that plant has always been the one to let me know what’s going on with it being in a different media then the rest. That one plant is also one of the biggest or should I say tallest plants i have in there. The way it grew left me with about 4-6 big main tops, and many many middle section budsites . But the actual main on that plant is obviously very tall and has a decent bud growing on it so it is also starting to get weighed down. And that stalk was leaning over quite significantly at first but perked back up a little after watering . I am probably going to have to find a way to support it soon without having it be sticking straight up threw the middle of the canopy cause then it will be too close to the light for my liking but right now I’m going to let it slide and see what it looks like in the morning and go from there . I also did a little more work with the upper SOG net and tried to push it down as much as I could so that I would be able to weave some of the shorter branches threw it so that light gets around a little bit better and so more buds get to use it as some support . I really got to get in there and do some defoliation but since I’m gonna wait till tomorrow to see where some of the branches I moved around end up settling and give that 1 tall leaning bud time to pick where they wanna stay on their own before more of my manipulation to them itll just be more beneficial to do it tomorrow so I can only take out what I need for better performance. Here are some pictures that I took today …

They are all continuing to amaze me with their looks and smells , and just how crazy sticky they are just pushing some branches around threw the net today made my hands pretty much stick together afterwards lol. But definitely been having a lot of fun tending to these girls , it has definitely been the highlights of my days lately with how much progression I get to witness.

I also went to my local grow store today and ended up buying an 800gph submersible pump to power my hydro halo rings for my irrigation system so tonight I’m gonna mess around with that some so I can try and figure out how I need to run and connect everything to try and maximize the even distribution of water pressure to all plants I run it to.

Also I have a little surprise for you guys today, some of you may have seen them in some of the previous pictures I’ve posted of my 2x2 tent but I havent mentioned them even being there lol. We have some new members of the family to introduce today…

Here we have a gelato auto from ILGM that just popped her head threw the soil today…

Processing: 20210716_153901.jpg…

Then we also have a wedding cake auto from ILGM that also just popped her head threw…

But as you can see , even with my best efforts of planting the seed a curtain way to try and prevent this , she was still able to sneak by with some helmet head as she poked threw. So I preformed some very delicate, careful surgery and was able to remove that pesky shell husk.

I do also have a zkiddlez auto from ilgm but its having a hard time at the moment. I think that I’ll be able to get it to come threw but it’s going to take some special treatment and extra attention but that’s fine cause as of now I’m not under any type of time crunch cause thank god I still have some room I can fill up. But I’ll have to hop back on here later with pictures of the other plants in that tent , in my excitement about the new addition I forgot to take pics of the others. But I’ll do that and hop back on later to show them and discuss what is going on with them . Thanks for stopping by.

See you guys later on

PEACE!!!

5 Likes

Whats them red and blue bulbs i see in there.

1 Like

@Mark0427 they are just some supplemental lights that I got to test out the differences I can get from different wavelengths of light. Honestly I have seen drastically different effects on each plant that is in front of each one. One is a blue led , one is all red led , and the last is a mix of red and IR . So far for me the mix red IR one has given me the best results in the case of tricomb production. Here is what they are exactly …

It was just something that I thought of to try so I know which ones I would like to use in the future based on where the plants are in the growing cycle.

3 Likes

Ok i have red in my.boards i have 2x 260xls in the spare bath with 1x hlguva30 bar and a far red bulb from hlg. In the room i have a 260xl a scorpion diablo 3x hlguva30 bars. Wanting to throw blue in there and see what it will do for me adding some blue especially for veg time.

3 Likes

@Mark0427 Yeah I have read that adding in some blue for a couple hours at the end of the day in flower can help terpine and resin production but nothing has been officially tested or proven 100% so that’s why I originally gave it a try, but from what I’ve seen the red/ir has definitely helped produce more frosty nugs than the blue this time around. The blue is definitely beneficial in veg as it helps keep the plants short and compact with smaller node spacing. I did have a convo with @PurpNGold74 about this exact topic earlier in this thread but let me look quick to see if I can find the comparison pictures I took for the 3 plants that have the different wavelengths given to them…

This one is in front of the blue …

This one is in front of the red …

This one is in front of the red/ir…

Take a look at the results that I have seen and you be the judge, me personally I’m gonna go with more red/ir next time around .

4 Likes

@Mark0427 I am also running the hlg uva bar with an hlg 600 rspec just so you know what the main lighting is

3 Likes

Zkittlez autos all i have for buds to show lol.

5 Likes

Some buds beats no buds… im eyeballing for pistils every morning. 5 days from flip lol. And hoping for no nuts….

5 Likes

Soon as i see some productive growth on the runtz ill flip her. Then as soon as i get my room tent clean im gonna drop a bunch of purple titties. Got some new autos coming in the mail. Crack berry i believe cant wait to drop some of them too but need room the zkitz are taking up the bathroom

2 Likes