First Indoor Grow, a few problems Maybe

I just now opened the ricer. I think it’s worth the extra $$ as it seems to be built pretty darn good. :+1:

3 Likes

@SmoknGranny Thanks gal. Looking forward to getting it tomorrow. Spent the evening dozing and relaxing. Those brownies are good. And a little goes a long way.

I forgot to ask, dont you have any budder you can make or are you out of your stock of mj?? Just wondeering? @SmoknGranny

2 Likes

Brings new meaning to food coma @cyberblast @SmoknGranny

2 Likes

@bob31 THAT is for sure. All night last night and most of this morning. Yep…food coma…

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny havent seen much of you here the last day or two. You okay?

Tried that ricer out on the leftover greens I had kept in the fridge. They were pretty bound up with oil and hardened so warmed em up in the microwave and then used the ricer, with appropriate filter and got about 1.5 tablespoons of oil out of the cooked greens. Definately oil since it has since hardened again in the fridge. Or budder anyway. So it works good for that. Didnt use it on my budder since its good as far as I am concerned as is. A little greenery in it but not bad. I had gotten most of the budder off the water by using the fridge and freezer.

Now gotta figure out what to use the water for. Dont know how strong it is since the mj is bound to the oil? Anyone else…what do you think? @bob31 @Alton66 @daz49 You guys think there would be enough stuff bound in the water to make it worthwhile trying to use it?

3 Likes

I’m sure the water is good for something. Has to be trace amounts left in there. Im not sure what to say to do with it. @cyberblast

1 Like

dude your killing it all of them look great imo woohoo keep up the great work

1 Like

Good morning. I’ve been bouncing in and out of here :grinning: I thought maybe you were in a brownie coma :joy:
I picked up coconut oil and canola oil yesterday after starting my day with an almost flat tire :rage: After putting in 20 more PSI I got my errands ran. I have a date with my mechanic Monday morning!
Anyhow I’m glad the ricer works. I’m trying to decide if I want to do cannabutter or canna oil next :grimacing: As to the left over liquid, I seem to remember someone using it to make shatter (whatever the heck that is). I’ll try to see if I can find it for you later today.
Dang I wish we could just pick up the phone and just talk!

1 Like

@cyberblast

Hi ya!

I would think you could use the water for something but I don’t know what that would be at the moment.

It’s great that this turned out to be a success for you!!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny Glad to hear you are okay… Was just a mite concerned. Yea, that was it …shatter but doing that is a bit scary I think. Hope your car gets fixed ok. Yea, wish we could do that there thing, just call each other. Would be great.

this is funny…:joy: everyone is saying…heck yes…the water is good for something…BUT…what??

I went down the list just laughing. And I agree with them. It should be good for something danged if I can think of just what…

Yep. It’s a little too dicey for me. Don’t want anymore fires or explosions :grimacing: I’m still looking but haven’t found anything yet.
My truck isn’t fixed yet but it will be Monday! Snow in the forecast and I don’t want to be pumping up tires outside when it comes. My mechanic will fix the tire problem & run a diagnostic test for the idiot check engine light.
Maybe one of these days we will meet or be able to call (big :pensive: sigh) I would love to meet you and your wife (she’s my kind of Southern sister :grinning:)!
I have a young friend who calls me Mom & checks on me daily and has a “call” list of my family and friends.

1 Like

You can use your water to make some candy @cyberblast. Just replace the water they call for with your cannabis infused water.

Hard Candy
INGREDIENTS

2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
¾ cup water
1 dram (1 teaspoon)* LorAnn super-strength flavoring, any flavor
LorAnn liquid food coloring or gel food coloring (as desired)
Hard candy molds (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
Sucker bags & twist ties (optional)

Use of a candy thermometer is recommended

*Please note that our Cinnamon, Clove and Peppermint flavors are particularly potent. You may wish to reduce the amount used for these flavors.

DIRECTIONS

Have all ingredients and tools assembled and within easy reach of the stove. The use of metal spoons and measuring utensils is recommended. Line a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan with foil and lightly oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray (such as PAM). If using molds, lightly spray cavities of clean, dry candy molds with non-stick cooking spray. Insert sucker sticks. If using molds, you may also want to spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. If after pouring the syrup into the molds you have excess candy, you can pour it onto the foil for break-up candy.

In a heavy (good quality) 2-quart saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
Insert candy thermometer if using, making certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
Early in the cooking process, “wash down” any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
Continue to cook the syrup, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 260º F; add drops of coloring until desired hue is achieved. Do not stir; boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
Remove from heat precisely at 300° F (temperature will continue rising), or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water (hard crack stage). After boiling action has ceased, add flavor and stir. USE CAUTION WHEN ADDING FLAVORING TO AVOID RISING STEAM.
Carefully pour syrup into prepared molds or onto the prepared greased and foil lined cookie sheet. (As the sugar mixture begins to set up, you may want to score with a large knife to mark squares.) Do not refrigerate.
Cool completely. Break sheet candy into small pieces and dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers between waxed paper. If making lollipops, do not dust with powdered sugar, but place in sucker bags and secure with twist ties. Store hard candy in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
*Another alternative is to pour the hot candy onto a heat-resistant surface covered in powdered sugar. When the candy is slightly cooled, it can be cut with well-oiled scissors into pillow-shaped pieces (you may want to wear heat-resistant gloves, such as rubber, to protect hands from heat).

or this one:

Homemade Gumdrops

Product Code: R0243

The flavoring possibilities are endless for these candies. Just pair your favorite super strength flavor with a corresponding food color for a rainbow of colors and flavors. Other classic flavors to try: Orange, Lemon, Grape & Cherry. For a slightly more gourmet gumdrop - try flavors like Pear, Peach, Blackberry, or Mango. Flavors such as Bubble Gum, Cotton Candy & Tropical Punch are always a hit with kids.

RECIPE TIP: Tart & Sour, a blend of citric acid and malic acid, adds a touch of tang that enhances the taste of fruit flavors. To create a sour flavor, add 1-1/2 teaspoons.

INGREDIENTS

4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (such as Knox brand)
1/2 cup cold water

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon Super Strength Flavoring (any flavor)
1/2 teaspoon Tart & Sour Flavor Enhancer (if using fruit flavors such as lime, lemon, orange, cherry, etc.)
Gel or Liquid food coloring, as desired
Additional sugar for coating (add a pinch of granular citric acid to the sugar for extra sour power!)

DIRECTIONS

Spray a 9" x 9" pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
Combine gelatin with 1/2 cup cold water in a small bowl and set aside for a few minutes to soften the gelatin.
Combine the sugar and 3/4 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat and add flavoring, Tart & Sour (if using), and food coloring. Add the gelatin mixture to the hot syrup and stir with a wire whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in more food coloring if necessary to attain desired hue.
Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate several hours until well chilled or overnight.
Coat a large cutting board with sugar and turnout the chilled block of gelatin onto the board. Use small cookie cutters to cut out shapes or use a knife to slice the block into large strips, then slice each strip into squares. Toss gumdrops in a bowl filled with sugar. Transfer to a colander to shake off excess sugar. Place individual gumdrops on a sheet of waxed paper and allow to air-dry for a day or two to crystallize.
Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy and let us know how it comes out if you try it.

4 Likes

@AnneBonny Thank you so much for the recipes. I will certainly try them Got just enough water for one reciep so like will try the hard candy first. Thanks again.

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny Hey, sorry i took a day and half. Things have been a bit…hectic is one word. I took a fall on the steps and screwed up my leg pretty good. Went to the hosp. Now on crutches with a bad bone bruise on my hip and knee…bone and muscle. Fortunately no breaks but I could do without the bruises. I think those take longer to heal.

Came home this morning after getting an early out from the doctors and got to come home and found a problem with my grow. Had my tiny laptop so got on a little yesterday but not so much. Too knocked out from the meds. I did get a lecture too. They dedected you know what in my lab work. But what the heck.
They can lecture me all they want. Couldnt wait to get home and eat some more brownie.
That fixed me up more than anything. Course I seem to be able to eat it like candy. I can eat a full 1x1x1 piece an it just gives me a buzz going in and I can still function. good for me.

2 Likes

Good call on the recipes! @AnneBonny

2 Likes

Ouch @cyberblast Glad to hear you are home and on the mend!

1 Like

@bob31 They were glad to kick me out this morning. I dont make a good patient. They dont usually let patients leave at 4 in the am. hehehehe…they made special allowance for me.

Doing okay. The dang hip bruise is the one bothring me the worst. The doc did say I was lucky I didnt break my hip. If I had landed just a bit further one way, i would be waiting for surgery now rather than coming home. Unpleasant for sure. I would not have been a happy camper.

1 Like

Wow @cyberblast so glad it wasn’t worse and you home and on the mend.

2 Likes

@AnneBonny that makes two of us. :smiley::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

@bob31 @AnneBonny I do have a problem that looks bad on my WW plant. Sat I noticed some color changes in the top leaves. Looked like the light was burning them. So raised the light as high as I could. Then didnt get a look at them again till this morning. And the leaves look horrible. Lots of red spots on dark green. Will post a photo as soon as I can but wont be fast cause not walking well. Strange how fast those leaves turned. Looks like a burn…leaves arent dieing but just those lots of red spots.

Havent given em water since Friday when I gave em water and a light mix of nutes. The tribs are getting cloudy mostly with some amber. some clear left. Do you think its time I should just go ahead and purge and wait a couple days then split the stalk?

1 Like