First Indoor Grow, a few problems Maybe

Yep @cyberblast the lights can do alot of damage if they get too close. A couple of tricks is to loop the cables through the link at the top and clip them back to where the other end is clipped on. Or remove them totally and loop in zip ties, one thru each anchor point and then one through all four. Works great, but like most everything there are other ways to do it.

2 Likes

Every time one of my cats go missing it breaks my heart. Generally I figure either coyotes got them or hopefully they found new homes. I found two a week apart same area ran over just recently. Big Daddy sired most of my kittens over the past few years and his 2 year old daughter Goldie. Usually I just never know what happens.
My grow partner has outside cats as well with a neighbor that live traps the neighborhood cats in her quest to have all cat sterilized. Darn good thing she’s not my neighbor is all I can say :rage:

@bob31 well, removed it for now and replaced it with one not so strong. I looped the cables through and tied them short already and was still too close for it. So for now things are ok, just hope the plant survives without too much damage. It did alot already on that one bud and leaves. Might lose that one. Hopefully not. Seen these pull through some bad stuff. Going to shorten it up some but going to get these lights in 300 watt version not the 600 for these tents…too damn hot at 600.

@SmoknGranny my next door neighbor just as bad if not worse.

I hear ya sounds like you have it figured it out @cyberblast You will know better in about a week, for sure!

1 Like

@bob31 @SmoknGranny @Alton66 @daz49

Just an update to all of you and anyone else who is checking in. Went through some nute problems and bob got me sorted out there, but then part of the problem was my new light. It was WAY too hot for this tent and bigger plants Was burning my tops badly. . Couldnt get it high enough and if I put it flat against the top of the tent, the heat would melt things up there I think. Anyway, switched it out with a lower intensity light… Should help. Just dont know what affect is going to be on my plant. The OG kush. Hopefully it will survive. Will post some photos later today. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed. The Kush had a monster cola coming out and hoping I havent lost it. Also gave it a mild dose of cal/mag as it seemed to me to need it.

The Gold Leaf plant is just cruising along. Got a dozen or so colas, nice size ones coming up. 6 really big ones. Looks very nice. And getting sticky. I touch the cola and my fingers are sticky. Really sticky. That is supposed to mean something…not for sure what?

The white widow is growing well. Got a half dozen decent colas growing out. I have bent a couple of them over and tied them down to see what happens. Exposing the center of the plant and the sides of the two colas. Just did that yesterday.

Middle of week 3 day 4 today. Waiting for things to happen. Good things. The colas are looking good on all the plants, cept my Kush where its burned but I do have hopes it will recover. Got alot of smaller colas on the kush but has that main big cola that is already about 3 inches wide. Like I said, it was/is getting big. And about 14 inches tall I think. Will take a good photo today to show the burn on the plant and that cola.

3 Likes

@Alton66 @SmoknGranny @daz49 @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Laurap

Okay, just posting this first one here cause this is where those photos should have been posted. Going nuts I think. If you already looked at the photos, just ignore me here. (sigh)

Here is the cola of my OGkush. There is a brown spot on it midway down that @bob31 and I have dtermined was just some brown pistils. Got a lot of pistils turning on this plant. Could be from the burn damage 2 days ago. Not looking as good as it was. Will post a closeup of the midsection next after the cola. Posting all photos seperate so you folks interested can look close.

OGKUSH first.

6 Likes

Here is the closeup of the midsection of the cola of the Kush.

7 Likes

Next photo of my Gold Leaf lady

6 Likes

Closeup of one of the gold leaf ladys colas

5 Likes

This is my White Widow

5 Likes

One of the colas of the White Widow

Got the larger colas LST 'd right now.

5 Likes

Wow!! Everything is looking extremely healthy and happy.:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

FROST!!! :snowflake::+1:

2 Likes

In my beginner opinion I think they look good. Just stay vigilant like you have been and things will turn out great :+1:

2 Likes

@Alton66 yep, i do like how they look under close inspection. That is alot of frost on them. Or sugar. Still got weeks to go and the Gold leaf looks like a sugar cookie. ACtually, so do the others. Have you looked at your girls up close yet? I know they dont have any buds yet, but just curious.

1 Like

@SmoknGranny I plan on keeping a close eye on them. First, a boy in my other tent, then that lamp burning my plant, now this potential problem Will see.

1 Like

If your humidity has been in range you should be fine. Theyre very pretty girls!

2 Likes

Like everything else you just have to have faith that things will work out as they should. No one seems to have a perfect Grow with all the variables involved. Mistakes and Mother Nature happens. As long as we learn and don’t give up …:hugs:

2 Likes

Your plants are looking really good @cyberblast Great job! :green_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments about my girls. Hopefully the girls will earn them well. Will see. Anyway, thanks for your support. Most appreciated.

@FreakyDeekie @SmoknGranny @SmoknGranny @Myfriendis410 @bob31 @Laurap @Alton66

4 Likes