First hydro bucket 3n 1/2 gal

Pineapple haze started in soil switched to dwc bucket 10 days ago. Blowing up

7 Likes

Popped these 2 pineapple haze at same time. Check the difference!

3 Likes

Looking great Good job in transplanting. Thank You for sharing

Will

1 Like

Looking good :slight_smile:

Keep us posted.

1 Like

Now that’s awesome soil to hydro. Tried a couple of times and got slow and not happy for a month. Looks like you started it there.

1 Like

Wow she is really blowing up and looking B-A-U-tiful!

Okay jus checked my roots and their is black stuff on them. I am using fox farm nutes, cal-mag, seaweed extract at 1/2 strength. Temp is a lil high upper 70s f. Any suggestions?? Can I add something that will protect my roots?? If so what? Thx for any input!!

I understand you said half strength. Are you going by a feeding schedule?
What’s your ppm?
How big is your air pump?

1 Like

Yes I am going by fox farm feed schedule. At half strength so far. PPM is 550. Air pump is 44.3 GPH 168L/H.

Ok so I changed the water in my bucket and added fresh nutes. The ph was very high so While I cleaned the bucket I also rinsed to roots in plain PHd tap water to try and get some of the black stuff off the roots. They look cleaner but the nute solution stained them a darker color. Will add pics when I ho home for lunch at work now. Oh and I Fim her couple nights ago also. Any comment or advice is greatly appreciated! @Aquaponic_Dumme any thoughts on if that black stuff is anything i need to worry about??

Some of the brown colour maybe nutrient stain, but it looks as if you have some algae. Some growers add H2O2.

Update on shoot grow?

1 Like

Sorry bro been having internet trouble. But I seemed to have burned her when I changed water and nutes last week. Any advice on how to get back online please. And also how much hydro peroxide do I use for possible algae issue??

If u are around @Aquaponic_Dumme

Sorry for the tardy reply.

Again, nutrient stain is common in DWC. Algae generally won’t hurt your plant, but hydroponics is normally sterile.

I suspect most of your shoot damage is pH related. The damage is generally something that happens a few days past.

I recommend following the instructions on the bottle for H2O2 application. Just be careful as the H2O2 designed for hydroponics is very strong (29%) and will burn your skin, and will raise your pH.

As an alternative, you may also try benefitial bacteria.

1 Like