First heavy trim

Hey all,
So I heavily trimmed my girl today, did I go overboard, or did I do ok?

5 Likes

@Zee @Hellraiser @SKORPION @scylents

1 Like

Am no expert on trimming, but will tell she looks good. Those inside branches will really take on new growth :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks good to me for the first trim. I will tag you over to my journal I have been doing some aggressive defoliation techniques … I am experimenting I do not suggesting you do what I’m doing… I would like just to show you how resilient these plants are.

1 Like

Wow that girl went to weight watchers , cut some weight.

1 Like

@SKORPION lol. Weight watchers.

1 Like

Who doesnt like a girl that drops a little weight, I generally do a little at a time but as long as it doesn’t cause too much stress then no big deal

2 Likes

@SKORPION I did trim a little before, but maybe 1/4 what I did today.

2 Likes

Looks good, her grow tips are going to take off with all the new light they are getting.

3 Likes

Thanks all for the responses! I left the large leaves at the bottom as I heard when those are ready they start to yellow and fall off. The way I see it, they are going to absorb tons of light now, and they block nothing, might as well leave them.

2 Likes

In my mind, if leaves are yellow or damaged, just remove them, dont wait til they fall off. Get that sick material off the stem. If you decide to do living soil some day, take your trimmings and lay them on the soil. Wont hurt nuthin!

1 Like

Out of curiosity how old was she when you trimmed her up? think mine are getting to the age and I wanna do with you just did.

1 Like

@Dabmon710 she was about 6 weeks or so.

1 Like

Awesome I just took off two big fan leaves to open her up. How have they been doing after you trimmed them ??

1 Like

It’s just my one I have trimmed. The soil grow is still pretty small. She is doing pretty great still, loving the extra light penetration.

1 Like

@Dabmon710 took these yesterday.

1 Like

Looks great !

1 Like

What did the plant look like after you got done?
I am struggling with just topping mine, just can’t
bring myself to cutting off good growth! :tired_face:

1 Like

This is her now
Just keep reminding yourself how much more bud you will get by trimming/topping and it’s easy!

Thanks for the photo and the encouragement! Are you using nutes if so what type and brand? Thanks

1 Like