First Harvest Potential Mold?

Hello. I just chopped and wet trimmed my WW auto at a little over 12 weeks old. All seemed to be going well until I decided to chop my main cola in half to match the size of smaller buds for drying purposes, and I found that the center of the dissected cola was unusually whitish. I can’t tell if this a mold issue or just the way a moist dissected bud looks. It seems to be a solid white similar to a Brussels sprout and not the appearance the cob web like or fuzzy mold I am familiar with.

Can someone please help me find clarity on this issue? For the time being I went along with drying but I’m getting the feeling my first harvest might be toast.

3 Likes

I don’t believe that is mold. I think it is just the inside of the bud. If I am wrong someone will fill us in. :blush::v:

4 Likes

I agree. It’s the center of the bud so it just didn’t get light so it’s not green, I believe.
You know rot when you see it. It’s generally dried up if late or slimy and nasty when it’s fresh!
That just looks like tiny, young undeveloped flowers.

4 Likes

This is concerning to me. @Covertgrower @MidwestGuy @kellydans any opinion?

1 Like

Does it easily pull out? Like crumbly?
I’ll check back if my eyelids don’t get too heavy. I’ll check here in the morning. Maybe @Caligurl ?

3 Likes

I dont see mold either yes the centre of bud is a lighter colour but if it was mold it would be very fuzzy and u would be able to see fuzzy threads

3 Likes

From the 2 pictures I cannot see anything to lead me to believe that you have a mold issue.

2 Likes

I am seeing the spots you are talking about. I had a GSCE that every calyx on the main stems turned brown, but the buds were fine. I don’t think it’s mold, you’d see some cottony little threads. If it’s really concerning, trust your gut. Check some more buds.

3 Likes

Rechecked this morning and it seems to be the same texture as the rest of the bud. Are you guys talking about possibly bud rot or something else?

1 Like

This is what you don’t want

Open it up

2 Likes

That is concerning… check it close like was said above, you will actually see the mold. I might tag @Myfriendis410 and see what he says.

1 Like

I circles it in red on the picture in two places.

I circled my concern in red

Thank you, I apologize for not clarifying. Is your concern that of mold or bud rot? I put my buds into dry thinking everything would hopefully be alright for 24 hours now. I’m going to dissect them in the opposite direction first thing tomorrow morning.

Growing bud has been an emotional roller coaster.

1 Like

Aha ok yah looking at where u circled yah it does look abit concerning its had to tell if its mold or bud rot

1 Like

Looks like it could be rot to me.

@MarkM Pretty sure it is bud rot i hate to see that my friend happy growing

1 Like

So I cut the pictured buds in half the opposite direction…

And cut another for good measure…

I know the consensus seems to be bud rot, but any further thoughts?
Can I just continue the dry and cut away any suspected rot after? What’s the best protocol right now?

1 Like

@MarkM Yes that is what I would do make sure you have good air moving why drying just go through all of them

Hydrogen peroxide is your friend!