First harvest completed!

11 hours, two plants worth and a whole lot of learning. What an experience this was. The cola pic wasn’t my biggest, it was my first. By the time I got to the biggest my hands were too gooey to touch my phone :sunglasses:. Shown hanging is about one third of the total haul. Not sure exactly how much, I’ll weigh it up when I put it in jars in a week or so. Only lost one bud to bud rot and it was not a substantial one. The root ball of both plants looked very strong and healthy. I’d say this was a success. Thank you to the many folk from this excellent forum who have helped me along the way, I really could not have done it without you.

15 Likes

Nice haul! Congratulations on your very first harvest! Isn’t this fun?

1 Like

Thank you, I agree it was fun. Amazing to watch this plant grow.

1 Like

What strain is it? Are you doing them in the dark?

I have no idea the strain. They’re either Skywalker Kush, Headband or MOB. I kept seeds from those three but mixed them up. I am hanging them in the dark, yes.

That’ll be me in a month or so too! Nice size cola

2 Likes

Congrats…you is a Proud Daddy…:hugs:

Your enjoyment and pride will increase as your growing skills improve.
Something very nice about enjoying the fruit of your labors…especially when it’s too wet, nasty and cold to do anything outside.

Suggestion:
1----PICK the strain you want to grow…intentionally. Pick the strain that best fits your needs.
2----IF in a Free State…keep a grow journal. It helps remember what you did and what the
results were.
3----rethink how and what you did…learn what worked best and repeat.

4 Likes

Congratulations @Daveyjames207! Looks like you had a very successful grow. Enjoy the harvest!

1 Like

Congrats on your harvest!

1 Like

@Daveyjames207 if it works do it some more if it don`t tweak it. Enjoy your buds man and welcome the forum…

1 Like

Yup congrats on a successful harvest my friend. Thise buds look mouthwatering. Job well done. Now the real test in patience begins. :joy::+1:t5:

2 Likes

What’s your dry weight final yield?

I’m not sure yet, I’m going to weigh it up when I jar it in a few days. If I had to guess I’d say a little over half a pound.

Very nice and congrats! I’m also a first timer. I have a question, I’m in week six of flowering and I’m afraid I have some bud rot. What did you do?

1 Like

Thank you @astony If you have bud rot now at week 4, there isn’t much you can do. I used Serenade organic spray when still in veg, and I believe that helped tremendously. Do you have a pic? Are you sure it’s bud rot? If it is, and I am by no means an expert, but I would consider cutting off the affected area.

1 Like

@Weedwizard Here are almost 4 oz of small to medium sized buds. The big girls are still hanging. 9-10 oz I believe will be the final haul. I put these plants on a 12-12 in early August to speed up the process, I firmly believe had I just let them go naturally the yield may have doubled.

2 Likes

Could be just over a pound!!! What do you mean by switched the lights to 12/12 start of August? Were they autos? How big did they grow and how long did they flower for?

@Weedwizard
They were not autos, I believe they are Skywalker Kush but I’m not 100% sure. They were outdoors but as soon as they started to flower I put them on a 12/12 light dark schedule to speed up bud growth. They were both 4 feet tall, they flowered for almost 9 weeks. In total they were about 130 days old.

1 Like

That makes sense now good work, so putting on 12/12 really did fatten them up substantially

1 Like

@Weedwizard I should also mention I put them in the dark for 24 hours straight before cutting. I was told by several knowledgeable folk that it fattens up the buds by telling the plant to use all its last energy for one final push.

1 Like