First Growing, First Journal, Open to all recommendations

So I have the basic one box system and the larger system with a reservoir. They both work really well, I am working on a much much larger system now as well. I know the pics are not great, but I am happy to answer any questions you have.

3 Likes

Very nice! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok finally here, work have been very demanding and not much time, haven’t even finished cropping the girls and I am doing 1 per day. So here it begins.

Yesterday I started with Girl 1, GL here are the pictures before, after and 24 hours later.

Before:

I am having issues getting logged out so its gonna have to be multiple posts. :S

2 Likes

After:

2 Likes

And today:

3 Likes

Girl 2: GL

Before:

3 Likes

After:

4 Likes

Side notes:

Those Kingbrite lights are excellent, I noted the difference after a couple hours of installing those. Right now running them at 60% (430w) and I got the ones with the Cree Red, LG UV and IR.

The Aloe Vera worked great on the Girl 1, early this morning the cuts were already brown they healed entirely overnight.

Tank upgraded with air stones inside a cooler so easy to control the temperature. but I’ve been noticing some sedimentation (didn’t notice it before due to black tanks), that’s a problem I will address before the next growth.

Also planning to redo my growing table for next batch, its really hard to do the LST and the cropping when you only have 1 side access to the plants. Probably gonna do a 5x3.5 with wheels so I can move the whole thing and have better access.

Also right now I am re-printing the adapters for the filter fans so I have less air restriction to improve efficiency.

2 Likes

@Jstar I like your setup, I have a question yours is a mix of LP Aeroponics and DWC?

2 Likes

Very nice grow you have there!

3 Likes

Pretty much a mix of RDWC and aeroponic. The single box is aeroponic and DWC. Your plants are looking very nice! Deep but not too deep green color. Very healthy looking for sure. Using coolers? Not a bad idea at all. Do you have a journal? I would like to follow your grow.

1 Like

Girl 2 36H Afeter:

3 Likes

Girl 4 SSK Before:

After:

3 Likes

Girl 3 SSK Before:

After:

3 Likes

Side Notes:

Due to the last 2 girls being so short it was really hard to crop and tight, I ended up half breaking one of the branches and had to tape it. Lets hope it survives.

@Jstar this is my journal pretty much. Every update that I do I always post it here. Right now I am in the process of 3D Printing the parts for the new bins and I’ll show those to you so I can get your opinion.

Tomorrow more pictures of how the girls did after 24H of the cropping.

2 Likes

Following.

Update:
Girl 1 GL:

Girl 2 GL:

Girl 3 SSK:

Girl 4 SSK:

1 Like

Side Notes:

Sup everybody, here with an update.

Girl 1 and 2 I crop them 48H ago and back on track like nothing, I am thinking I need to crop twice per week because I remove all the fan leaves and 2 days later you can see how they look, they grow more really fast.

Girl 3 sadly because of the position is a pain to actually crop and last time I messed up some branches so I am cropping what is easy accessible but still too bushy.

Girl 4 was really bushy too, a ton of fan leaves and i got rid of them yesterday and you can see how they bouncing up.

Also I have been reading a lot of stuff and found some information regarding my PH variability, according to what I found it looks like that the PH goes up when the nute solution is not strong enough (I was having yellow leaves with brown spots type of Calcium deficiency). If the PH goes down that means the solution is too strong, and based on everything that had happened to me and I bet because of the cheap EC Meter I have that doesn’t even specify the scale ppm 500 or 700 I was probably doing that, because following the table of GH and being very accurate every time I finished I was getting between around 1700ppm and I end up lowering to around 1000~1100, so today I mixed another batch twice as strong (still doing week 4 giving time for the girls to grow up a little more) and mixing it with my current fresh nutes that I did yesterday I bumped the PPM from 1050 to 1300 and lets see how they look tomorrow.

Also if you guys check the pics of Girl 1 and 2 looks like the leaves are yellowish green so I guess more calcium deficiency so I boosted up a little more. Lets hope I see good progress this week because of me doing this for the first time I messed up so many times that ended up stressing the girls a lot and maybe stunning their growth unless any of you guys have a Hail Mary recommendation that can improve my results.

2 Likes

Update:

Ok all the girls have been into flowering for 1 week, here is how they look (they grow a ton).

G1 GL:

G2 GL:

G3 SSK:

G4 SSK:

Side Notes:

Had to remove the scroging net, I was having a ton of issues with the mister clogging once per week and I have a good filter before going into the pump.

I wonder how long its gonna be until i start seeing the little flowers.

4 Likes

It took my SD about 16 days before first bud site.
Brother those plants are looking awesome. Good job. Sorry I missed your last post. Keep them growing. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses: