Hi everybody, I want to thanks to all of you guys who helped me with ides for the room setup. I did everything pretty much myself, don’t have enough space for a tent so I had to come with my personalized solution to make the most out of it.
I am starting this journal because I saw this post and I realized how help full it can be to have the input of all of you. Here is the description of the project.
Type of Growth: Indoor Aeroponics.
Number of Plants: 4
This is my setup (sorry about the pictures but the lights kind of damaged the CMOS on my cellphone and don’t have enough room to move back to show more.
L shape frame made out of wood with room at the bottom for the storage of nutrients, reservoir pump etc.
Total area: 23.75 sqft aprox (9.5ft lenght + 2.5ft wide)
Scrog space: 3".
Digital Timers for lights, humidifier, fan and pump.
Aquarium heater for reservoir with nutrients.
Digital thermometer outlet to control temperature (upgrading for one that allows me to set up temps for day and night)
Small oscillating fan.
Small cheap humidifier.
Small cheap space heater.
2 10" Carbon filters.
3D Printed adapter for Noctua Fans high static pressure industrial model. (The red and green on the pics attached to the Carbon filters)
4 x 12000 lumens 4000ºK lights.
PH and EC meter.
5000 ml beaker.
Temp: 73.5ºF ~ 75.5ºF
Humidity: 50% ~ 60% (Adjusted today)
Light Cycle: 18/6
Growing Material: Coconut Coir / Perlite (70%/30%)
Nutrients: FloraBio Full Set.
2021-01-17: Seeds soaked in water for 36H until sprouts start showing up then moved to the 4" pots with the coco-perlite mix after they show small roots coming out (1/8"). Seeds put about 1/2" underneat.
I turn on the lights and by 2021-01-20 start seeing the small round leaves coming out. 2 days later 3 out of the 4 dropped the seed but one was still stuck on it, I watered it a couple times and was able to remove the seeds. Also started giving nutrients about 2ml per day of the week 1 of FloraBio DTW recommended feeding chart.
Plants continue evolving and by 2021-01-24 I was able to see the first small serrated leaves coming out of. Continued the feeding schedule until 2021-01-26.
2021-01-27 First mistake, I pulled the wrong chart (the one for recirculating of nutrients) to make the week 2 nutrient mix, I poured 4ml and like 8 hours later went to check and saw signs of nutrient burn in one of the plants and realized of my mistake, I flushed the soil with distilled water.
This are the pics of the plants after the flush:
2021-01-28 I feed the plants again with 2ml this time cause soil was still a little wet, when I came to check a couple hours ago I could see the difference. Check it.
Also noted when I checked the plants that the leaves were bending up taco style, didn’t pay that much attention and continued reading the journal linked before then 10 post later I found that if the plants are too close to the light they will not grow tall enough, and a couple more post later some one mention the taco shape of the leaves = light stress, immediately went back and lowered the plants from the light source about 10 inches and 3 hours later when I took the pictures the leaves have returned almost to its flat shape.
And this is where I am. Right now I checked them to see if roots start showing up outside the pots so I will move them to the bins so no light gets in and start the aeroponic feeding.
That’s all for now, I hope you guys enjoy it.