First grow: z skittlez autos in a 4x4

Almost all good full spectrum lights come with extra red leds to give them that extra little growth push too and think about it what’s opposite of green on the color wheel ,red because plants are absorbing all the red and bouncing off green light (which is partially blue)

1 Like

Sooo my a/c sucked all the humidity out of my tent, pots and all :frowning: so i disconnected the ac intake so now its drawing air from the garage which also eliminates the need for my 100cfm intake duct fan. Gave them a good feeding and been keeping them cool. They were hating me for a few days but they recovered nicely. This was on sept 2

1 Like

The next night

Now that ive got the environment mostly to their liking they’ve really took off. Starting LST on em, unfortunately i knocked one of the tops off (tear) but i guess i can us that one as a test subject, seeing as most people dont recomend topping autos. We shall see how this drama plays out

This is today

1 Like

They are looking good. And you CAN top autos. Especially since you are in coco. I would wait till about week 4 to do it though. Or after that. It drives me crazy with every one saying you can’t top these. Just a FYI. I grow almost only autos and in coco as well.

2 Likes

The top coming off hasnt seemed to phase it, its the bushy one, i switched places with the one behind it

2 Likes

Your girls are lookin good considering the mishaps I’m still bouncing back from all of mine took a group photo yesterday left up to down Is 4 weeks 3.5 weeks top right is 4.5 weeks and bottom right is a Jack herer 1.5 weeks(she’s nearly as wide as top left😖) the rags are boosting humidity I think I’ll get a water vaporizer to replace it

2 Likes

I found this on Amazon, its the cheapest humidifier i found with hygrometer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07R7KXHHV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1 Like

Hows the temp in their environment? From what ive gathered from what i read and my experience so far, if i can keep the tent under 80 most of the time, they seem happy and look fat and sassy.

1 Like

Yeah, what he said :grin: At that stage. Mine have no issues with 50% It is only when they are tiny that I watch them carefully. That humidifier looks good to me. I have one about the same size. No gauge and use an ink bird to control it when I need use it.

1 Like

Thats the one im using now and so far its worked great and at much cheaper than the others i was looking at that had the same functions.

1 Like

He’s right. I keep dirt as high as a can. They will spout roots along the stem. Plus sometimes they get a little dry when that young. I have never started plant’s like that. I always transfer at least 3 times. I worry about roots getting to tight and to old. They get real hard and want keep fresh new roots going. That’s my opinion. I’m no plant god.

2 Likes

Oh I was just going to buy one of these cheap vaporizers and I won’t be that put out if it breaks

1 Like

Oh my temps went as high as 90 not enough to hurt them it was a purely a water issue since I never gardened before

I spray mine with water. Several times a day.

You would need to get a plug in humity controller so doesnt get to low high, you dont want mold or powdery mildew. Thats why i picked the one i linked, unless you will be around to check them all day everyday. Here is the cheapest on i could find. https://www.amazon.com/WILLHI-Humidity-Controller-Humidification-Dehumidification/dp/B077FPTWLY/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=humidity+controller&qid=1599702334&sprefix=humidity+cont&sr=8-9

2 Likes

I think it was eagles who said up until he went into flower he kept his tent at 90%+ and his girls were massive but the rags work surprisingly well my room is consistently 60-65

3 Likes

I thought the same because i read alot about it, but im growing in coco and cloth pots so the root zones need cooler temps, so as soon as it started getting around 100 i put my ac and they are growing 3x faster now

2 Likes

They are looking good. My plants seem happiest at about the 81 - 84 range. They tolerate heat. But are not happy about it either lol

2 Likes

Weird how everyone’s experiences are different in this regard. My temps were always around 90 or higher lights on. Not really by choice I just had way too much blurple heat and no exhaust set up. But they grew so fast I rolled with it. Had the high humidity to match for VPD purposes.

2 Likes

I think whether you are growing indica or sativa may play a small part in it too