First grow: z skittlez autos in a 4x4

Yours are looking good. What do you got, 4 more that haven’t popped ? Hmm

Na, just the 2, ill probly have to give em away to a good home hehe
Its been hot AF so ive been keepin my tent closed and

got a cooler blowin slightly cool air

They are looking pretty good so far, except one has whitish tips on the leaves, not sure if its light burn or nute burn but i did half strength on the first feeding the other day.

The bonus sprouts are strange, they are relatively the same distance from the light yet one is stretching and the other is a shorty

2 Likes

Seedlings are weird like that sometimes they just demand more light an will stretch to get it

1 Like

About 5 days old, they seem to be doing fine in the sun so far. I’m babying them with shade and bringing inside sometimes.

Yours look good! Cool to see what indoor vs outdoor grow looks like on the same strain. And also what over a weeks difference in time looks like!

1 Like

Blurple Buyer’s Support Group

Start from beginning. You’ll learn a lot. We’re here for you.

2 Likes

Last week they had just recovered from a touch of nute burn, only to have gotten a cunt hair of light bleaching.

Day 22 i believe. I gotta say ive learned alot so far on my first grow. Ive had issues roughly every 5 days, mostly due to my inexperience. I believe heat has been the biggest fact throughout, although i didnt notice until the last few days. First 5 days they were stretching due to light to far. 5 days after that i did half strength feeding = slight nute burn… 5 days later i noticed some light bleaching because ive been running lights on full spectrum at 60% so i lowered the white to 20% red 70% blue 50% for now and raised them about 10 inches. This week its been heat stress because the tent is in my garage:( yesterday i took the ac from my room and hooked it up to my tent to try to keep the temp below 85, its gotten as hot as 101 at the top of my tent, the bottom is usually and average of 8 degrees lower.

![20200825_192947|375x500] (upload://fVX7HOE0HwQVu2we9Wk4nIJNrrM.jpeg) ![20200825_192947|375x50 (upload://fVX7HOE0HwQVu2we9Wk4nIJNrrM.jpeg)

2 Likes

Why do you have red the highest? Blue and white are what you want for veg.

2 Likes

They are looking good. Careful on the feeding right now. You want to be in the 350ppm range or lower. I wouldn’t try above that till around week 3. Those are still pretty small. :+1:

https://thegreensunshineco.com/fix-led-spectrum-flowering-plants/

1 Like

Huh…I don’t know where that info comes from but that’s contrary to what I think I know.

1 Like

I get what your saying, 75% of the articles I’ve read says blue light is great for veg but they dont get too specific about it. Honestly i just started learning about all this stuff so its a huge learning experience for me and it all trial and error at tbis point. Any and all input will be appreciated. The white spectrum on the light i have is really fucking bright so i figured alot of blue is included, hence the blue being lower than the red

2 Likes

This is a damn complicated hobby. I really don’t even know enough to comment on a deeper level. Maybe your onto something. I’m thankful right now that my lights only have a plug to worry about. Lol. I gotta figure out what I’m doing with nutrients at the moment.

Hope your girls like what you’ve got planned here and take off for ya

3 Likes

Yes it is a science as they say lol, plus different strains respond a bit differently from what im reading on this forum.
1 Like

Almost all good full spectrum lights come with extra red leds to give them that extra little growth push too and think about it what’s opposite of green on the color wheel ,red because plants are absorbing all the red and bouncing off green light (which is partially blue)

1 Like

Sooo my a/c sucked all the humidity out of my tent, pots and all :frowning: so i disconnected the ac intake so now its drawing air from the garage which also eliminates the need for my 100cfm intake duct fan. Gave them a good feeding and been keeping them cool. They were hating me for a few days but they recovered nicely. This was on sept 2

1 Like

The next night

Now that ive got the environment mostly to their liking they’ve really took off. Starting LST on em, unfortunately i knocked one of the tops off (tear) but i guess i can us that one as a test subject, seeing as most people dont recomend topping autos. We shall see how this drama plays out

This is today

1 Like

They are looking good. And you CAN top autos. Especially since you are in coco. I would wait till about week 4 to do it though. Or after that. It drives me crazy with every one saying you can’t top these. Just a FYI. I grow almost only autos and in coco as well.

2 Likes

The top coming off hasnt seemed to phase it, its the bushy one, i switched places with the one behind it

2 Likes