First grow.....yellow spots

Hi all, first time grow here. Have a 4x4 tent with 3 girls growing. They are planted in FF Ocean soil and were started right in 5 gallon fabric pots once germinated. Plants are 2 1/2 weeks from sprouting from soil. One of the plants is showing yellow spots on the leaves. I have not added any nutes as of yet. I would appreciate any help and/or device I can get, I’m concerned whatever it is might spread to the others. Thank you all in advance!

1 Like

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Yes thanks, I will do my best to add everything I can. Hope this helps!

• What strain- It is Early Miss autflower for CropKing
  • Method: Grown in Fox Farm Ocean soil
  • Vessels: 5 Gallon fabric grow pots
  • PH of Water: Did not PH the water the first week and half, but used bottled spring water. Now ph’ing water to 6.5 with digital meter
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: No Nutes used thus far
  • Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
  • Light system: 1 Mars Hydro TSW 2000
  • Temps; Temps vary, but never below 60 and never above 75
  • Humidity; Humidity varies. Was running in low 40’s and added a small warm mist humidifer that brings it into the 60’s at times.
  • Ventilation system; Yes. an inline 6" fan that vents out
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Yes, a small warm mist humidifier
  • Co2; Yes, No: dont know

Have you been spraying them at all?

Spraying them? With water you mean? No, the water in the pic on the leaves was just a little overspray.

Ok just checking. Possible the leaves came into contact with the soil?

yes that is possible, we added a little more dirt not long ago and yes, that is possible.

1 Like

They probably won’t get worse, and new growth will fill in.

So it would be nute burn from the fox farm ocean soil then? thx in advance

For whatever reason the leaves don’t like to touch soil, and typically die off after doing so. New growth will fill in. You won’t notice after the plant gets taller.

Ok, I will just monitor the situation and see what happens. I did look up some pics of similar and it kinda looked like leaf septoria…is this a possibility as well? Thank you for the assistance

How often do you water? They look very wet and kinda limp. Little seedling need very little water. Like a few ozs every 3 or 4 days. Cannabis likes to go from wet to dry. Let ur pots dry out almost before giving water. To much water is number 1 mistake for newbies.

Welcome first of all @bcbudz. As you are finding out; this forum is full of helpful growers.
Even though @Covertgrower, and @Axemanjake23 already have you covered; one of my seedlings had a similar problem. My problem was caused by the combination of water from overspray, and wrong height level on my MarsHydro light.
Getting on top of the problem was your best line of defense.
This forum will help if you run into another issue.
Otherwise welcome to this forum and hobby. HAPPY GROWING!

1 Like

We have been doing very small waterings a couple times a day, only after the soil was pretty much totally dry. Are they still small enough for only a few ounces every 3 to 4 days? They are now 18 days from emerging from soil. Thx

Hi JimHigh, thanks for the feedback. I have been very careful to not get the plants wet(although this one sure was in the pic I posted). Could, be though. I raised the light to about 28" above the plants. Does this sound right?

1 Like

Here is a shot of the other two as well as one more of my troubled girl.

@bcbudz,
I have learned that the height of your light depends on manufactures recommendation. Mine is a basic MarsHydro 600, so yours might be different, or could be same. Unless your research shows different, I think you are safe with 28”. As I know you will; keep an eye on her and she how she reacts in the next 24-48 hrs. You are on top of it, so you will get her back on track.

my plants are 9 days old in that pic and still only water every three to four days. Your plant is stunted because of over watering. Let the pots get light

Those look great! Ground is pretty much bone dry when I water so not sure what to think.

Are you picking your pots up to see how much they weigh? If you are waiting tell just the top of your soil is dry or even doing the finger in the soil to feel moisture trick you can still over water a plant.

“We have been doing very small waterings a couple times a day,” your quote and if this is what you are doing you are killing your plant.

Get a pot the same size and fill with dry soil. When your pots are close to that weight they are ready to water. Keep the dry pot close by for reference. When you water, water enough to soak the soil and get some run off. Then do not water again tell the pot is light. I water like this when the seedling gets its 2nd to 3rd set of leaves. Before that I give a few oz ever 3 or 4 days.