First grow ww auto with hydro system

First, I still have only 3/6 in seedling stage with one more looking like it will poke its head out soon. If I germinated 6 days ago how long should I wait until I give up on the ones that haven’t come up? Also, with the light pictured above, I’m nervous that it might be too powerful for my seedlings. I’ve been moving it closer everyday… At about 4 feet now. Am I being paranoid? Should I move it closer? I’m trying to keep the temp down and am getting an intake fan soon, but the temp is 80+ degrees. I just don’t want to overheat

1 Like

Hi nice lite, I would suggest following the manufacturer’s directions, seedlings tolerate heat a bit, I keep mine around 80-82 initially

• good luck :thumbsup:
1 Like

1 Like

I got 5 of 6 now! Excited

4 Likes

Some of my seedlings original leaves are curled down. Is this a problem? They are in rockwool soaked in ph balanced water. No fertilizer or nutes. I used distilled water as my tap water is not good. Sorry if I’m OCD. Pics above

Are those stems extremely purple or is that the lighting ?

They are pretty dark purple, yes

I haven’t watered since germinating other than yesterday I poured a very small amount in the tray. I have been using a humidifier 2hr on 15 min off… But with tap water. Would that affect the plants?

Let’s ask @Donaldj how these seedlings look? I just saw him post on another thread and he’s got a good eye and is very familiar with rockwool, hopefully he still here

1 Like

had to look over thread again to remember strain lmao think I smoke too much or something??? they look healthy a little purple isn’t surprise since they are not in soil they have no nutrients except what is given and are feeding off stored energy they are bound to get hungry early primarily for PK root developing nutrients. This is fine give them light foliar feed ph’d water 1ml or so of whatever bloom nutes you are using for them

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I’m so grateful for this forum and for you guys that spend so much time answering newbie questions.

So my first sprouts came up 8 days ago and last night my last one came up (yay). Should I wait to transplant until the last one is ready?

if you wish or you could place some leca/hydroton under rockwool 1/2" or so and bottom water to encourage roots and wait until you have some roots visibly coming out of bottom of rockwool

1 Like

Would it be a problem to move Them to the net pots now? I have the hydroton and would put the rockwool directly in the pots with the hydroton. My system is dwc + top water feed.

they look ready to go you know to keep nutrient level slightly below net pots 1’-3/4" so net pot isn’t submerged

Yep I’ve read so much about people killing their plants by submerging! I will be cautious. Well… Here goes nothing! I’ll probably have a million more questions in the next week. Thanks again.

1 Like

So I decided to put my plants in the net cups with the hydroton, but keep them in the germination tray a bit longer. Over the past few days they seem to be getting a bit of a yellow tinge. I’ve been spraying with ph balance water with .5 ml/g of thrive alive red (1-1-1). And yesterday I poured about a cup in the bottom of my tray to promote root growth under the net cups. My 600 led is about 27 in. above the plants. Any suggestions?