First grow would like experienced grower advice on nutrient systems/ferts

![IMG_5912|666x500](upload://x7 RSYNBDQYavfIJYCJMEUwe2Lpt.jpeg)

Hello Gardners!! I am on my first run. 2 x 4 tent. Gold Leaf x 2. Scrog set up in soil. I am making a ton of mistakes, correcting as I go but doing alright at the same time for a noob. Currently I am using the FF trio system and following the feeding chart to a T. Ph is always 6.3 to 6.5 but I am still having issues. My question is not really around diagnosing my problem, feel free if you like, more what nutrients (systems) do you use and do you follow the feeding charts exactly or dial it back some. I really want to get to a point where a fan leave stays green instead of dying on me. I am planning my next run and would like to take your advise along with me. thanks!

2 Likes

Potassium deficiency.

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Please tell us WHAT soil. WHAT lights exactly. WHAT is your TDS? Any supplements? If so; how much, how often and how strong?

1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - ILGM - Gold Leaf
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF = Soil - Fox Farms (ocean forest)
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths = was fabric now in 7ish gal plastic
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) = I don’t have run off…not measuring should I??
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable = WHAT
  • Indoor or Outdoor = Indoor
  • Light system = HLG 260 led
  • Temps; Day, Night = 75 day 68 night
  • Humidity; Day, Night = 58 to 48
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size = yes way oversized and controlled
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, = himidifier in tent on control
  • Co2; Yes, No = nope scary
1 Like

Are you using cal mag? If not: 5 ml/gallon. You should be dosing some flowering nutes so look at your 3: you are probably adding some Open Sesame: just make sure you are applying low N but higher P and K values.

TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids and is measured by EC (electrical conductivity) with the values expressed as either EC or PPM. In the US we use PPM 500 scale. In Canada and U.K.: PPM 700 or EC. EC readings are 1.0 EC = 500 ppm (500 scale).

This is to tune you up on using a TDS meter. You need one and they are pretty cheap: $15 or so on Amazon. Runoff TDS/PH needs to be taken periodically in FFOF as it tends to build up salts which must be flushed out. This is called out in their literature. The amount of nutrients should not exceed around 850 ppm with correct PH. The Feed Charts FF publishes, remember, uses the PPM 700 scale so their numbers don’t work for you.

1 Like

Thank you MyFriend!!

I use Fox Farm’s Trio. Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. I also use calimagic (general hydro) and florakleen. What I’m doing at this point is following the schedule for the week I’m in exactly. I use florakleen in place of sledgehammer and I calmag every other feeding per the label. fan leaves have consistently “slowly died” I pluck them off and new leaves always look great then they show signs of I am thinking nute burn??

I bought a top of the line meter about a month in with PH/EC/TDS. I won’t lie only use PH at this time…I have the unit set to 700ppm but I thought all that ppm stuff was for hydro:) I’m learning:)

Going forward I will measure PPM using 700 scale before feeding. couple of questions: I am watering/feeding 2 to 3 times a week now. Should all of these waterings have food in them or do the ladies need a break with food say every other time? Once I PH my ganga wata, food first then PH up to get to 6.3 - 6.5, if the PPM are over 850 do I just pour off some of the nute mix and fill with water then PH to 6.3- 6.5 to get the PPMs at the desired level?

I do flush. On the next scheduled flush I’ll will measure the PPM of the run off. What is a good run off measurement? If I’m over that level do I just run more PH’ed water into the plant, generally I don’t have a lot of run off when I flush, or should I mix up more flush solution)?

Thanks!! Im super grateful for your input!!

Also tell me what you like to use for your gardens. Being new I am open to good nute systems.

anything you suggest. specific company you like?

Right now I’m using Canna Nutrients. Fox farms makes a flower finisher ChaChing that has no nitrogen, 0-50-50. Willing to bet additional phosphorus wouldn’t hurt for you either.

@Hellraiser I will be watching your journal for your attack on nutes. I really enjoyed your soil selection deep dive so you can introduce nutes a little earlier. This is my first grow and I messed up early but seeing great results, I will add a new photo in a few minutes. Take a read at what I’ve got going. I really can’t “read the leaves” to see what I need to add, being so new. Am I overfeeding to get these babies leaves dying off like this once the fan leaves get mature? Any suggestions you care to add for a newbie? I am all ears man!

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

They look good, only a touch of nute burn which is fine and no clawing of the leaves is a good sign, looks like they will finish nicely.

1 Like

Thanks! They should finish just fine, I am shocked at how well they have recovered from some serious rookie mistakes!!