First grow with LED light Skywalker OG

@raustin well to start I only have one plant now. :weary::weary: next sheā€™s 9 weeks old and in preflower. Sheā€™s almost 2 1/2 ft tall already. I have a small tent so I donā€™t have room for a tall plant. I switched her to flower today. I am so nervous that itā€™s too soon but if I wait I will run out of room. Iā€™m not sure if switching her to flower is the right thing to do. Iā€™m all for switching to flower cuz Iā€™m impatient lol but I want the best for my plant. I guess Iā€™m looking for a general consensus that I am doing the right thing. I have some pics from last night.

@DoobieNoobie thank you for taking the time to help me. Thanks.

3 Likes

Yes, youā€™re doing exactly the right thing by switching her to flower now. If sheā€™s about to outgrow her space then flip her before she does. She looks very healthy, so you should get a nice harvest from her.

1 Like

Youā€™re quite welcome. And your plant looks great btw.

1 Like

Ok quick update. 5 days in bloom 12/12 schedule Just transplanted her last night and watered her. Was in a 3 gal now in a 7 gal air pot. Roots were starting to poke out of the sides and bottom. Same soil was used but less ffof this time. I used a 4-1 ratio instead of 2-1. I think sheā€™s still a little mad at me. First I waited a day too long to water her so she was a little droopy to begin with and then as I was looking at the pot itself I noticed 3 or 4 white specks on the black pot fabric. Upon closer look of course it was the roots pushing through to get out. So that of course made me panic so I had all of the stuff to do it so I did. I figured that the sooner the better that way she recovers all at once instead of adding other stressers that werenā€™t needed. Iā€™ll have pics late tonight. I run my lights on the over night hours. To help with light cost. So she wonā€™t be on till tonight.

1 Like

Sounds like your light schedule is like what Iā€™m doing. Iā€™ll be running lights on in nighttime for warmth also during the next few months. Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll bounce back quickly from the transplant. I canā€™t wait to see pics. :grin:

1 Like

Ok havenā€™t had a phone. Just got it today. Here are the pics.

Iā€™m not sure why but every time I look at her right after the lights come on she looks like thisā€¦ But I also have brown spots on some of my leaves
I fed her just a few mins ago. Sheā€™s 9 days in bloom. Temps 68-70 and humidity 40%-48%.

3 Likes

Sensi grow and Sensi bloom, mammoth p, and bud candy. Nothing else has changed. I only have her water the last 3 times.

Plants tend to let their leaves droop during night. If you go in and look at her right before lights out you will sometimes see the same thing. Itā€™s normal and nothing to worry about. I didnā€™t see the brown spots. If it looks like rust it might be a calmag issue. Post some pics and tag Raustin if it gets any worse. Also make sure youā€™re checking your ph. That can cause it to.

@DoobieNoobie I have perfect PH nutes. Or do you mean the soil?? And I actually have another question. When do they start looking more like buds?? Is it halfway through bloom or something like that?? And I have a couple of pics Iā€™ll post of the spots. Yes they kinda do look like rust spots. Iā€™ll post them soon. Thanks.

Ok I donā€™t really know how those nutes work but I get the idea. So youā€™ll probably need some supplemental calmag. Post the pics and tag Raustin.

As for when theyā€™ll start looking like buds itā€™ll be a couple weeks. I donā€™t know exactly when. Raustin is the pro. Iā€™m still a noob. :blush:

1 Like

Ok here are he pics of the brown spots @raustin hope these are ok pics.

Hmm, I not sure, but I think that looks like mold.
@Niala, what do you think?

1 Like

@PrincessT

If itā€™s not nutrients water splashā€¦

Brown spots, yellow halosā€¦ Itā€™s most probably leaf septoria aka yellow leaves spotsā€¦

Prune all infected leaves and spray the rest of your plant with 1:1 H2O2 3% and 0 PPM water (distilled, RO or five stage filtered water, no tap or rain waterā€¦)ā€¦ After 24 hours, apply either copper base spray or neem oil and repeat each weeksā€¦

It will not kill leaf septoria, but will greatly reduced the spread of infestationā€¦

Truly yoursā€¦

~Al :v::innocent:

Thanks for the tag @raustin

3 Likes

@Niala thank you very much. I will look into that and see how far it has spread through the plant.

2 Likes

Looking great!! What week of flower are you in?

Sheā€™s only 12 days into flower. Iā€™ll get some pics in the morning before the light goes out. Sheā€™s really starting to get a lot of white hairs on her now. Now Iā€™m really getting impatient lol. But thank you. Iā€™m trying my best for my first grow. As long as I can get something smokable out of her Iā€™m happy lol

2 Likes

Yea Iā€™m on my first grow as well but I def think your going to have some really good smoking bud. Skywalker is gonna be my next grow.

Thanks @ReeferRod. I sure hope so. But hereā€™s an update. 63-65 temps at night 68-70 during the day and 38-40% humidity at night and 43-45% humidity during the day. I do believe the temps stay low cuz my light is off during the day. Sheā€™s 18 days in flower. Iā€™m not sure how long Skywalker OG goes in flower but I do know that there is NO stretch and 100% all focus on the bud sites. Its so weird. Iā€™ve only seen the long stretch after she goes into flower but this one did not stretch at all. Simply put all her energy on each and every bud. Iā€™m super excited for this. But enough blabbing and here are some pics.

3 Likes

Thats weird but youll prob have super big buds hah I just redid my scrog while in flower so im super nervous because that was def not an amateur task and i hurt my one bruce plant ugh. This my first grow ever tho, whatever i guess its nice to make all my learning mistakes now all in the first grow :joy::joy::joy:
Your bend and secure is so nice and beautiful, mine was nice as well until she broke free after a watering so i didnt notice her all day and by the time i did it was a wrap hah. well now i done blabbed away, my bad im high and love talking plants with good people.

2 Likes

@ReeferRod Iā€™m hoping I can prevent mistakes by posting on here. Iā€™ve made quite a few but as long as she stays looking healthy and I can smoke some Iā€™m 100% happy with my first grow. Anything past smoking a blunt is a win in my book lol.
Yea I got kinda nervous about her not stretching but I figure if sheā€™s focusing on her buds who am I to stop her lol. So Iā€™m letting her go and do what she wants. Sheā€™s ONLY 28 days in flower So I still have 5 1/2 weeks left (9 weeks flower) and she already had buds looking like thisā€¦ Maybe sheā€™s getting impatient. Lmao well Iā€™ll have more pics this weekend. Iā€™m going out of state for a few days. So Iā€™m gonna water her tonight and hope that sheā€™ll be fine till Sat or Sun when I get back. Well good luck @ReeferRod with your girls. Iā€™ve noticed they can handle a lot. They bounce back fairly easy from things like that. But good luck.

2 Likes