First Grow: White Widow Auto

Looks good and I like the little bit at a time… Like they say you can remove them but you can’t put them back… :v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I also pulled back a couple of branches (red ties in pic :point_up:) to allow more light inside. I have 4 plants in a 2x4 and it’s tight.

2 Likes

Side note, I think a scrog is in my future, certainly seems to be the most efficient way to grow…based on my VAST growing experience! :rofl::laughing::sunglasses::rofl::rofl::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah I entertain that thought from time to time too… But I like to get my hand own my plants to much and don’t want to drag them out of a net… maybe later… :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

You’ll muster more as the time goes on. I hate to try and trim anything small. The more you grow the more picky you’ll become. I’m a total bud snob at this point. Has to be perfect and won’t smoke small buds anymore for no reason at all.
Sometimes I miss the album cover with seeds rolling off it :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

I grow multiple strains that don’t finish at the same time. I also like the idea of the net but also like to move mine around some too. Maybe some day.

1 Like

Im keeping an eye on @Newt, looks like he’s setting himself up for a nice scrog

2 Likes

I’m in week 6 of flower on the WWAs and I’m seeing what looks like potassium deficiency. I got a scope on order to view the tricomes, I think I’m still weeks out from harvest. I’ve heard yellowing can be normal close to harvest but I’m not sure I’ve heard why or if it’s a concern or not. Should i be worried? I’m sooo close to the end! Thoughts?? @Fieldofdreams @BigItch @nmgeo @Pinboy @KPC and anyone else who’s lurking :sunglasses:

1 Like

@WhatsupDoc It seems like an often repeated issue for flowering plants is to be pulling P & K at even higher amounts than previously, from wherever they can grab it, than the recommended dosage on our feeding schedules. I’m trying to combat similar symptoms by adding more P & K from an additional supplement.

1 Like

I’m no expert but leaves will start dying and yellowing as the plant is finishing. Most give water only for the last 2 weeks and that happens even more. Jmo

1 Like

The yellowing doesn’t seem to be getting much worse, so that’s good. Started looking at trichs with a new camers, it aint easy to get a good pic with these. I see all or mostly clear, no amber for sure. I think that means i got a couple weeks at least (?)
Starting to read up on harvesting, gonna get some grove bags for sure, already got my moisture meter, thanks @Newt
Any suggestions or ideas for me to get ready for harvest I’d love to hear them. This will be my first harvest and I’d like to avoid rookie mistakes :sunglasses::v:
20220607_20_43_24
20220607_20_39_38

@Fieldofdreams @Graysin @KPC @BigItch @nmgeo @Pinboy @PurpNGold74 @The_Chef

5 Likes

Looking fantastic brother! You’re getting close my friend. From what I can make out I see some cloudy with clear in there and still some prominent white pistils. I hate to hit you with the meme bro but 2 more weeks :joy:
The pistils will start to go orange/brown on you and start curling in. Keep checking trichs every few days and watch those pistils change color and curl. Then it’s harvest preference brother. I like all cloudy with almost no amber. Some like 15 , 20 , 30% amber :man_shrugging:

I drag mine to the hilt for amber. Check out these leaves. Plants almost spent taking less than a half gallon of water now in a 5gal bag. I’m going to give it at least 3 more days maybe a week.
So I’m going to go with 4 weeks out :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, hate to say it but that was my thought too. It’s entering classic 2-3 week territory :rofl:

3 Likes

We are on the same time frame, I have 4 WWa that are 72 days above ground. 3 are in a 4x2x6 tent and one is outside.

Yours are looking like they will be ready pretty soon too. I am going to tag you into my journal so we can keep up with each other. :v: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m not gonna give a time frame, except that you need for more of your white pistils to change color and curl in, before you start looking at trichs.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag. I agree with the others you have a bit more to go. Its hard to get a good clear trich pic, sometimes I’ll snip off a lower bud and put it on the table to get a good look.overall the plant looks good, I’m gonna guess the dang 2 weeks left to go thing…

2 Likes

@Newt @WhatsupDoc ….but you know he’s thinking it lol…the Proverbial 2 weeks……

1 Like

I figured 2 weeks, then 1-2 to dry and another 2+ to cure, damn…I’ll either have tit the di$pen$ary again or see if my son will spot me for a few weeks. He may charge more than the di$pen$ary! :rofl:

2 Likes

Swing by my place… I’ll hook you up. :wink:

4 Likes