First Grow White Widow Auto

Dont have a tent yet. I’m in about a 3x3 area in my basement. I have a corner that’s unfinished… but it has insulation on 2 sides with the shiny material exposed. So I went to walmart and got 2 mylar blankets and closed the space in with those. It’s not even close to completely sealed… I just wanted to add some reflective material on the open 2 sides until I get my tent ordered. Most likely gonna have either a 3x3 or 4x4. Planning on having it by the time the autos start to flower at least.

2 Likes

The light you have is only 100 watts, as you expected you will struggle to produce the dense buds we all look to harvest. Depending on your future plans I’d suggest the 3x3 because it will be less $ to set up. Please don’t try to save money on a light, buy once cry once. Save a little extra to spend when it is time to upgrade lighting you will be much happier. If odor control will be an issue plan on money for a good fan and filter. This is the fan I run and it works very well and is almost silent.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FPFVZTZ?aaxitk=XaFGzTG-QNgfpnbml983UA&pd_rd_i=B07FPFVZTZ&pf_rd_p=591760d1-6468-480f-9b10-0ee9c85706fd&hsa_cr_id=2946535520901&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=AC%20Infinity%20CLOUDLINE%20S6%2C%20Quiet%206”%20Inline%20Duct%20Fan%20with%20Speed%20Controller%20-%20Ventilation%20Exhaust%20Fan%20for%20Heating%20Cooling%20Booster%2C%20Grow%20Tents%2C%20Hydroponics&sb-ci-a=B07FPFVZTZ

3 Likes

3 Likes

Also, based on the size of your plant right now, on top of the twice-daily misting of your humidity dome, I would give that plant about 10mL of water every other day… maybe every day depending on how the plant is looking. Because you are starting it in a large container you may need a little more than if the same size plant were in a Solo cup.
Be sure to water in a ring just outside an imaginary circle created by reach of the leaves, so that the roots will reach outward for the water.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate everyone’s help.

I love that chart kid! A lot better for my old eyes than the other one! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Lot easier for my youngISH eyes too

@imSICKkid , @dbrn32 , @PharmerBob , @Bubblehead
What’s up guys… wanted to check in with an update and see what everybody thinks. I just took my soda bottle humidity domes off last night, but I’m having a hard time keeping my humidity up. I Have a little humdifier in there that is helping some… but I think it’s still a little low. Do I need to invest in a better humidifier for this grow or do you think I will be ok around 50% from this point on? I think they are looking pretty healthy… They both sprouted 12 days ago. Thanks a ton in advance for any help… as I’m pretty terrified I’m going to screw something up bc I have NEVER grown ANYTHING and I really need this cannabis, Im gonna go broke trying to maintain shopping in dispensaries near me… prices in my area are still like 400 an oz. And I smoke a lot lol.

2 Likes

And you will notice the high temp was 104… I accidentally hit the wrong setting on my heater… and it got that warm and only stayed that way for less than 5 mins… luckily I went back down and double check right after I had adjusted and caught it. The humidity down there is like 15% if I don’t add humidifier. This will prob help me later in flower… but worries me for now.

1 Like

In my grows I find that the VPD is critical. If I hit the correct numbers the plants are almost uncontrollable. They are like Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors. Try hitting the numbers below for the stage of growth your plants are in and see what happens.

Be careful not to over water especially the one in the big pot.

For your plants age I would try to hit 68 degrees F and 60-62% humidity.

1 Like

Awesome… thanks a lot. I actually fi ally got it stabilized once I took the 2 liter dome off. Right now I’m sitting at a steady 70% and 70* F… so I can work on dropping rh a little more which shouldnt be hard as my little humidifier is currently on highest setting so hopefully putting it on low should do it.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I have to tag people specifically, but if anybody sees this I could use some help, lol. So these are my 2 white widow autos that I planted on Jan. 1. So just over 40 says ago / 6 weeks. I feel like they are very small for that age. I know I over watered at least one of them (the bushier one) which was just recently but other than that they have looked healthy for most of their lives just grower somewhat slowly compared to some other grows I have seen. I’m also wondering if I induced flowering early due to stress bc again they seem small to be flowering. Any input would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

1 Like

@Bubblehead @imSICKkid @PharmerBob

That’s unfortunate they are flowering already. But they dont look like they are unhealthy just by glancing at them.

1 Like

Yeah man… I dont know. I’m confused. Do u think there is any chance of getting some kind of harvest if I turn it around?

I’ll be honest with you. Your probably not gonna pull more then ounce between the two.

1 Like

If I get less than an ounce from both plants put together I’m gonna be pretty hurt lol.

I get it. Sometimes autos are just crappy in that aspect. I like autos if I need to fill a hole or something but I would never have only autos going. The risk is too damn high.

2 Likes

Yeah… if I can get an ounce out of the 2… I can live with it… gonna try popping another 1 and see if I can manage to not fuck it up.

1 Like