First grow White Widow Auto flower

Loads of possibilities. Lighting intensity. Environment not ideal (temps n humidity). Genetics? Feeding schedule/habits

1 Like

They will feel a lot lighter than they did when you trimmed and hung them up. They will lose density when hung, but should get some back when jarred up and cured.

3 Likes

Hey was wondering if this light would be strong enough for a couple plants to pull off some dense buds my 300w LED didn’t do what I had thought and I know the HID are cheaper so thought of using the LED for veg and HID for Bloom @PurpNGold74 @MattyBear

Or should I get a 600w lol ?

1 Like

What’s your budget for a new light?

250-350 @Sixpackdad

My tent I have now it 2x3x5

I just retired my two 400w HID lamps and have pretty much moved exclusively to QB boards. @dbrn32 is the resident expert. I think you could build a light for that price range that would kick butt in a 2x3, and I also think the light you posted would be fine too.

I just purchased 4 QB132 boards and a 250w 1750amp driver for a 2x4x5 tent. It’s a DIY project, so I am supplying my own power cord, wire, connectors, and framing. I expect it to cost me about $225 total and I think it’s going to be awesome. Not sure how much the one costs you posted above, but I think it would give the same spread of light as the HID lamp at about 1/2 the wattage.

2 Likes

That one I posted is 164.99 and the 600w is 189.99 would the 400w do 4 plants if I wanted to or would the 600 be more idea both light are dimmable at 50% 75% and 100% but would the 600 be to much for my tent I have now the 2x3x5 once the wife and I find a place with more room I plan to get a bigger tent but for now I have to use the 2x3x5 tent @Sixpackdad

I don’t think the 400 or 600 are too big, especially if you can dim.

The consideration you run into is ventilation and temperature/humidity maintenance with the HIDs. You need to adequately exchange air to keep the temps down. If the air being exchanged is very dry, you may need a humidifier. To moist, you need to dehumidifier. Certainly, none of these are insurmountable, just another thing to keep in mind as you build the grow tent.

Four plants in a 2x3 is going to be tight.

2 Likes

I’m only have one going for now was gonna do two after this one but I plan to get a tent so I can do four but can’t till we move not enough room how big of a tent do I need to do four 3x3 ? Or 4x4 ? @Sixpackdad

1 Like

A rule of thumb is one plant per 2x2 footprint. You can squeeze in more, I have done it, but you run into problems as the plants crowd each other. As a result you need to defoliate to make sure you don’t run into mildew, bug, or bud rot issues.

Two plants in the 2x3 would be ok.

2 Likes

You could build a real nice led light for a 2x3 space for around $250. If that’s an option I’d be happy to help.

1 Like

If never built a light before I don’t want to have a fire or mea up wiring figured I’d just buy a light kit is it difficult to build a light ? @dbrn32

Not difficult at all really. I understand your concerns, its possible to make a mistake. I guess I would consider fairly similar to replacing a light fixture in your home. If you’re willing to do stuff like that, you can probably build a light. If not, I can point you in direction of something pre built, it would just cost more.

I don’t even know where to start or what all I need to buy to build one from scratch I have a 300w viperspectra I’m using now but I want a better yield my buds smell good and look decent but really airy @dbrn32

2 Likes

I thiught the same of myself, I am not a DIY type of person, but I found it to be much easier than I thought it would be.

2 Likes

Ya, the 300w vipar is really something like a 100 watt light, and the efficacy of the cheap leds is poor.

@MattyBear harvested recently from lights that would perform similar to what you would build. I’m sure there are others too, take a look at their results. If it’s something you want to do I can help you get the correct components and walk you through build process.

1 Like

Building lights is super easy. A plain piece of aluminum and the parts @dbrn32 can help you find. Only thing you need is a drill for the most part. And you’ll end up with buds so tight that it’s hard to trim lol.

1 Like

Now I don’t know what to do lol I just want my time I put into this to be worth it if you can show me how to build a light I’m in for it if it’s not going to be to expensive what all do I need and do you know how much it will cost and I live in Canada so if I’m ordering parts I won’t have a problem getting them here right of only order from in country never out didn’t know if there would be a problem or not @dbrn32

1 Like