First Grow - Wedding Cake

Welp! It looks like I didn’t kill them after all. I’ll need to water and feed tomorrow or the next. I think I’ll start at week 4 on the feed schedule since they are so stunted. I’ll lower the ph of the rain water with lemon juice.

4 Likes

Looking better. Remember not to get them wet when watering. Water around them.

1 Like

They are doing really well I think. I’ve decided to just focus on feed and water. I won’t top or lst. Just let em’ go!

Watered and feed today. They took a bit over a gallon. Feed on week 4 soil schedule.

2/7 week 4 feed

500 PPM in 708
500 PPM out 1161

700 PPM in 991.2
700 PPM out 1625.4

PH in 5.70
PH out 7.43

2 Likes

Good. I start LST on mines when is preflowering and stretching.

1 Like

@Randyrican @Ickey @Fieldofdreams @Covertgrower

Ok experts. I really need some help here. I checked on the girls this morning and they look great. However, as I peeked into the tent, I saw a HUGE spider.

My question is, do I burn down the house and start over or get my girlfriend to kill it instead?

These are the hard decisions I dread. :rofl:

2 Likes

No help here spiders are welcome here. They eat what I don’t see. Sliders are my friends. Sorry you have that fear though. :grimacing: :joy:

3 Likes

Scream for you girlfriend to save you! :flushed::flushed:
Actually I wouldn’t freak out over a spider, even though I don’t want them in my tents. We are way overdue for an exterminator visit to the house. But I want to have my grows shut down before they spray the chemicals. So I am seeing a lot of spiders and their webs in my basement. But the more webs I see the less bugs I see. This includes those damn gnats!

5 Likes

As long as she don’t cause no Trouble, leave her. I have a few around the baseboard of the house. They eat the ants and other crap that come into the house. And thanks for considering me a expert in that post.

3 Likes

2/12 1.5gal calmag + .5gal week 4

PH water 7.48
PH adj 5.51
PH in 4.99
PH out 7.78

500 PPM in 121
500 PPM out 1126

700 PPM in 169.4
700 PPM out 1576.4

They are doing ok, but I’m still working on a nitrogen and calcium deficiency (I think).

2 Likes

@harleyspops,

I would stay with about 6.0 going in, until you start getting about 6.8 out. Then just stay at 6.5 in until flower. You don’t want to change the ph too fast, or cause it to bounce widely.

1 Like

Thanks! I will next water for sure. Thanks for the chart!

2/15 week 5 trio + calmag

PH water 6.44
PH in 4.70
PH out 7.31

500 PPM in 1223
500 PPM out 1860

700 PPM in 1722
700 PPM out 2604

Fed two gallons to runoff. I forgot to raise the ph :grimacing:. I need to water about every other day now I think. They were pretty dry.

3 Likes

@Ickey @Randyrican @Fieldofdreams @Covertgrower @Jaysittinback

Hey y’all! After I put trio and calmag in my water, the ph is very low. Should I increase ph to 6-6.5 then water the ladies? The runoff is still so high. I think my issues are ph related, but I don’t think I understand how to fix it. :grimacing:

I havent used CalMag maybe theres a correct order to mix then test…

This is going back to your soil that is loaded with wood, and it’s high ph and high ppm. Your water is too pure to hold a ph level or pull the ph the soil in either direction. So you are forced to add enough more stuff like cal/mag to the water, in order to raise the ppm and allow it to hold it’s ph. While this works to correct the ph. At the same time it is driving your already high ppm in the soil even higher.
Sounds like you need something that can be dry scratched into the soil surface, and would pull the ph down when you use plain water. I just don’t know what is best to use.
When mixing nutrient solution with silica or cal/mag. You should always use the silica first, then the cal/mag, and then the nutrients as directed by the manufacturer.

2 Likes

What is your runoff ph? I’ve heard of using ingoing ph to alter outgoing ph. Say out is 7 so in at 6 and maybe hit a hood medium at 6.5? No actual experience of my own though.

1 Like

It was:

PH in 4.70
PH out 7.31

:cry:

I really hate this, but I may have to repot my pot. I got three bags of OF and more perlite now so I have what I need I think. I may just do the two or three healthiest looking plants for more room. Thanks for all of the help!

3 Likes

They are tougher than one would think. You will lose some roots. So you should remove the lower fan leaves, especially any that are yellowing. After transplanting you can go with water only, until they start to look hungry.

2 Likes

My ph usually come out low in one of the plants because I used organic soil and something in there drives it down. So I started feeding close to 7 ph. And the runoff been coming out 6.10 to 6.20. And i decided to stay that path since she is so close to being finished. Kinda like what @Fieldofdreams said, about hitting that medium. It has worked for me.

3 Likes