First Grow - Wedding Cake

First grow for me. Sprouted 5 auto wedding cake in coconut coir. I transferred them to 75% Kellogg’s organic potting soil and 25% Miracle Grow perlite in 5 gallon fabric pots. I am growing in a mars hydro 4x4x60 tent with the TSW2000 light about 10” from the plants at 50%. The temp is ~75-80 with humidity all over the place from 40-90. I have a dehumidifier and an inkbird controller coming today. I over watered them so they are drying out this week. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

You’re off to a great start!! I’ll hang about and watch a bit if this is to be a journal. :+1:t2::seedling::green_heart:

1 Like

They are up and running. Have fun, grow big
RhiMxsXuFy9KU

4 Likes

Looking great!

1 Like

Cool stuff. Greetings. I’m also doing some wedding cake. I see one of your have stretched a little, searching for that light. How old are your ladies.

I got two of them. One is growing in organic soil that I had to add nutes to keep her alive. She grew a little slow since the soil was naked. And instead of growing up, it grew to the sides. Bushy and finally now creating bud sites. She is 35 days old.

The second one is in a different soil. Fox farm ocean forest. This one have been a better grower. She is 16 days old today. Had only feed water once she went into veg mode. Kept under a dome during the seedling stage.

4 Likes

Thanks y’all! @Randyrican your ladies look great!

Mine germinated 12/30, but I messed them up early by not giving them any light and taking them out of the seed tray too early. Hopefully they will fatten up now that the light is close.

Sorry @Covertgrower :smile:

2 Likes

@harleyspops Thank you. You can always add a little dirt to cover some of that elongated stem. If lights is closer now. Nodes will not be far apart. But add some dirt for support around stem.

Excellent choice, there are some awesome colorful grows of wedding cake around here. Popular at dispensaries here too must have good reputation all over everywhere

1 Like

I have some yellowing leaves on each plant today. I haven’t given any nutrients yet. Just tap water.

1 Like

@harleyspops maybe a bit more water deeper along the outer perimeter to encourage her roots to travel outward. She’ll stumble across a ton of fresh nutrients as she does. She looks hungry.

2 Likes

Gotcha. I’ll do that later today. I over watered last time so I’ll go slow :rofl:. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

I had to move my grow tent to the garage yesterday. That was a pain in the ass and I don’t recommend it :rofl:.

I watered to runoff around the perimeter of the plants last night with no change in color today. :cry:

I have the fox farms trio, but I haven’t used any of it yet. I think I have a nitrogen deficiency so I’m thinking I need to feed.

1 Like

The bottoms look wet there. Gotta lift them out of the fluid and sit on a rack or grate so they drain completely.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. They look good. Those bottom leaves are being cannabilsed most likely. As her roots reach out,as mentioned above, you will see a darker green. As long as a smooth transition of just those first leaves I never stress. Top growth is coming out strong. The change from root build to veg will seem to happen overnight. Just my thoughts. Good start.

1 Like

A bit of nitrogen is all she wants. She pleading for it.

1 Like

Should I feed with Fox Farms Grow Big next watering? The seedling dose?

1 Like

Your plant is not a seedling anymore. She wants NPK.

1 Like

@Randyrican Should I water with nutes right away or wait until they dry out? I appreciate your help!

1 Like

When was the last time you watered ? What nutrients do you have to feed her ?

Last night. No nutes yet.

1 Like