First grow using Worm Poo as medium

Variety
The Spice of Life

A few more and I can fill a vending machine haha
10 strains I grew and one I bought…CBG heavy on that one.

Anyway happy growing

10 Likes

Looks who’s back!

5 Likes

Stuff to learn

Carbon…sequester that shit!

If anyone has PBS on demand or OTA etc this show does a great job explaining how the critters in us help or hurt our machine. Great watch!

Enjoy

6 Likes

I’ll be watching tonight, thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Did you get a chance to watch that show @AAA ?

Here is an article about setting up a Black Soldier Fly bin to feed your chickens if you have any and from there you can collect their Frass I suppose. I haven’t done this but @Mrcrabs has had his going for quite some time so if anyone has questions check out his posts etc.

Black Soldier Flies: The Most Sustainable Thing I do on my Urban Homestead - The Urban Farm

Enjoy the day

5 Likes

Not yet my friend. I’ll try tonight.

I’ve got BSF going now, tricky part will be harvesting the frass.

We have thought about chickens but we are in raised beds with rocks all around, chickens would poop all over our rock landscaping! Plus we are vegan, so what to do when the chickens get “long in the beak”.

2 Likes

Lol compost them in the BSF bin…bahahaha

Yea I wondered about how to separate the Frass from the bin to use.

3 Likes

This year to Covid-19… I didn’t have enough fruits and veggies to feed my colony… the food drive was canceled… but hopefully it will start again… any questions hit me up @AAA… it’s an excellent fertilizer… :dash::dash::dash:

5 Likes

Will do my man!

2 Likes

I was out on a walk a couple of days ago and came across a tent catapiller nest. I always break the branch they’re on to disposes of the pests. I opened the nest full of catapillers to show my son and noticed the tent was full of catapiller frass. I was tempted to keep the frass but had nothing to put it in.

There seems to be a lot of tent catapiller nests this year. If you found a hot spot it could be worth the while to collect it.

3 Likes

I have been putting my monarch catapillar frass on my last 2 top dressings. It’s good sheeeit man.

7 Likes

Literally!

3 Likes

Did another choppin of the broccoli :broccoli:

Been chopping one Or 2 every week or so Lately.

My 45 gallon pots are about ready for another round after amending them. They are full of life. Worms springtails mites (The good kind from the worm bin…thinking that’s what I was fighting awhile back…bahahaha) and all the other good stuff In there.

Need to go wrangle a 5 footer down to flip her…I’m gonna probably have to top her all over but gonna try and “adjust her first. Another learning experience.

4 Likes

That’s a civil way to describe torture!

1 Like

Yep I guess that’s the end result Muhahahaha

Now I need to build one and source some larvae…can’t really have them outside with my seasons.

6 Likes

Look at pet shops that sell reptile food, I’ve seen meal worms, wax worms and one other type of worm wiki said was the black solder fly.

3 Likes

Great idea didn’t even think of that! Thanks

Well @aaa haven’t gotten to the beast yet and the mini beast…

Check this show out when you have time…amazing Mother Nature critters from around the world.

Hummingbird flaps wings up to 50x/sec I did not know that

Licking it

Red breasted sap sucker

Can’t remember it’s name but can jump 40x it’s body length and big eyes and ears well you know what they say…
He’s a night prowler

Resurrection Plant
Can go hundred years etc dormant rolling like a tumble weed and when it finds water or water finds them they reanimate and put out pups to help on keepin on

Happy Labor Day all and peace out :v:

5 Likes

Happy, peaceful Labor Day
:v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Picked up 4 of these from Lowe’s the other day. Only $3.60 a piece and seems to work really well for supporting those plants that are top heavy without having to immobilize them like when using those Yo-Yo plant ties etc

The nice part is that you can install them later in grow as the two support rings open up so you can get them around the outside of the branches and really opens up the tie up/down areas to the plant. Chopped 2 more yesterday.

8 Likes

May I ask how long you vegged for…if you don’t mind me asking…thanks in advance…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like