First grow using Worm Poo as medium

No no purp. Only like 10 were my fault lol. Mice ate 12 and the rest were males lol. So not dahmer, maybe more like Manson or gates lol

3 Likes

That is classic…love it!!

2 Likes

Have you used the sleeve option for the Ardent to infuse butter or oil yet?
I’ve decarbed some of my strains and going to infuse some butter in the sleeve.
Looking for info on how much butter 1 stick 1/2 stick to how much herb.
Going to use the butter when making eggs and hash browns etc.

Also wondering if the Ardent with sleeve will allow enough capacity for your infusion as I don’t think they require a minimum as the MB does. Seems like with the sleeve it would hold quite a bit.

Just trying to figure this new road out

1 Like

The sleeve seems small to me, but i have not tried it as i have the magic butter machine. I’ve been using coconut oil exclusively.

I think the max you could do would be 1/2 cup. I use 20 grams per cup of oil. I’m not sure you could get 10 grams of herb and 1/2 cup of oil in the sleeve.

1 Like

Making a batch now of cannabutter
Used 1 stick butter and 7 grams herb and the sleeve was just shy of being half full.
Not sure of what the potency will be but when making my eggs and hash browns tomorrow morning I guess I will well guess lol.
Maybe 2 tsp into each pan for eggs and hash browns.

2 Likes

Well I think I have figured out what killed my 3 plants so quickly.
A type of root nematode that attaches to the roots and kills them as this is what I had seen on the side of a couple pots and later in one of the saucers

Not sure how they were introduced into the grow room / pots / soil but that’s my best guess at the moment.
Lost 3 and maybe a 4th but at least they are all now in their own saucers instead of groups of 3 or 10 per tray as they had been before to minimize further contamination.

4 Likes

One thing after another
Went and checked on flower tent and the lights weren’t on.
On time is 11am and I just got them on again at 3:30pm.
Not sure if the dual outlet timer is the issue but thinking it is as other devices on power strip were still operating.
May be a weak plug into the strip as it’s old and was used for 15 years when I was running fish tanks.
First time having lights not turn on when supposed to.

Ok is that now 3 things that happened as they seem to come in threes.
Mites - check
Nematodes - check
Light malfunction- check
Well ok then it’s all downhill from here lol
Bring it on

4 Likes

Damn set backs! Good luck. Let me know how the budder turns out!

3 Likes

Well you know the saying…it’s how you bounce back from the challenges that makes or breaks ya…so you lost 3 plants right? Was it complete loss, never making it to bud? Sorry Sky that blows man…

1 Like

Wish I was in Florida on this beach right now…

@LoCoRock yea lost 3 so far but I had cloned more than I really needed so although I’ve lost 3 I really didn’t fight to save those as it kinda worked out as I was out of room and really still are. 2 others I’ve treated for the root worms and will know in a couple days or more to know if they will recover. If they don’t I still will have plenty left for the round.

Well @AAA I had the cannabutter with my coffee yesterday morning using a Tsp and ended up being too much on an empty stomach.
Had more added to my breakfast which I ate for lunch because I was too medicated early and with food the tsp was a good amount.
For my needs at the moment the Ardent seems to fill my needs for how much I’m making at a time. I guess if I need more capacity in the future the MBM will be my next purchase.

Mites are in check. Very few being seen. One thing I’ve done is to put DE in the saucers after the pots have dried for awhile making sure the entire bottoms and edges are coated with DE as the mites are always on the bottoms of the pots and the saucers.
As the plants get stronger they seem to be better able to fight off the mites too. Washing all saucers between treating etc and spraying down the lower walls and floors of tent with soap and water …soap with potassium salts of fatty acids.

The flower the tent is doing ok.
Learned a lot this grow with having so many things going on.

Another strange thing happened this morning when I peaked into flow room before lights on I saw the dam UV lights on when they weren’t supposed to be…checked the timer and all was correct so I guess shit just happens randomly with my lights…

Here are some updated pics
Flower tent

Veg tent and closet

6 Likes

Well :poop: :fire: bro… when it rains…

But on a positive note. That flower tent looks amazing! Even for the issues ur grow looks great

4 Likes

Yeah, I make large batches of gummies and salve, so the Ardent I fusion sleeve isn’t ideal.

I have not made a batch of gummies from the new Canna oil, but I’m hoping they are stronger as decarb and infusion is more regulated than previous method.

Grow struggles continue he huh? That mite issue has me scared for indoor. The lights are just wonky.

1 Like

I’m figuring it’s the electrical tape over the buttons and where I pull off and then recover I could have pushed the buttons by mistake as this timer has a option for set block of time pushing one button. Won’t buy that type of timer again…bad design for what we are doing.

Since I’ve had the root worms mites are a piece of cake…lol.
Another learning opportunity

Thanks @PurpNGold74

2 Likes

You’re about to be busy lol…beautiful pics :smiley:

2 Likes

Every hurdle surpassed is knowledge gained, great job brother!!!

2 Likes

After reading several articles relating to using SEA 90 (sea salt) for plants to mineralized the soil and have the 90 trace minerals available for the plants if/when needed I also ran across how important it is to our health as well.
All these health issues people have that are happening come down to not feeding your critters in your gut well.

The more I learn the more I realize simple things make the biggest differences in ones health.

I mixed up a batch of “Sole” and started taking it this morning. Simple and inexpensive way to find out of this is the real deal.

4 Likes

It’s crazy. I think you will remember as I was researching my organic grow I realized that my tap water was 850 ppms.

I said screw the plants and set up an RO system for us.

If it’s good for my plants, it’s good for me.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed I have some bud sites growing out of the stems of dan leaves.

Is this a normal thing from time to time?
Hard to see in the pics but the buds are growing from the stem of the fan leaf

1 Like

Do you mean buds at the petiole?

I think so if the petiole is the stem of the fan leaf.

4 Likes