First grow using Worm Poo as medium

Hey @aussie123556 as far as testing Brix on the cannabis plants I haven’t been able to as of yet because of the difficulty in getting the juice from the plant to test.
If I figure out a way to test it I will post.
But using the spectrometer testing Brix of produce bought from stores and farms gives me a better idea of the quality of the food I’m eating

2 Likes

@Skydiver so is it asking for the plant sap ? there is a good read on royal queen about brix, was hoping to see anyone with some sort of result, tks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Skydiver Bad nematodes, The Azamax soil drench you preformed a bit ago woulda killed them. They musta been introduced to the pots from an anaerobic tea brew, and then they had time to grow unchallenged.

1 Like

These were more like worms and not the microscopic type you would develop in a tea brew. Maybe they are the same but thinking they are 2 different due to the size differences.
Not sure how they were introduced but whatever they are they are quick and devastating when they strike.
I also treated 2 with another product a friend brought over called Azera which is Azadirachtin 1.2% Pyrethrins 1.4%
Doesn’t seem to be helping with condition.
If I lose those 2 I still have 9 plants for that cycle.
Live and learn

3 Likes

I wonder if they incubated in the tea then either morphed from a larval stage or just grew up in your soil.

Anyways, bad news for sure.

3 Likes

Guys, I need help! Gone too long this season already. I went to family reunion/wedding for 8 days and my girls got buds rotted big time, Help, buds rot!.

What should I do first? I went through trimming rots a few months ago when the plant was 3’-4’ not they are 6’-10’ I’m daunted!!!

1 Like

take some photos, but 8 days man, doesn’t sound too good.

did you say you had bud rot a few months ago on the same plant?

2 Likes

Photos on the post in the link. Didn’t want to get off topic here. I had to go across the country for a family reunion/wedding. In July, I had to be gone for 4-5 weeks altogether because my girl had a surgeries. Too much going on this year. Yes, when I planted too early (in Feb because I didn’t know better) and it rained a lot. It effected one plant that I trimmed down to a foot tall, lol and It revegged back to be cute little thing but healthy. This time, it’s all catepillars that caused it. Whenever I was home, I spray them with my juice every other day or two days and that keep the moths from laying eggs on them. They had a party when I was gone, damn!!!

1 Like

got you, oh commiserations mate.

1 Like

Veg tent after up potting 8 into 3 gal
Defoliated all and will let them recover for a week before the veg tent becomes a flower tent when I flip em.

Top dressed about 2 Tbsp of neem cake in each of the 3 gal pots and watered them all yesterday and didn’t cover the stalks with DE figuring I would spray them all today and then put down DE. Checked the plants and the soil and out of eight plants up potted only saw 2 mites total and that was in the soil.

Will be harvesting the biggest White Widow in a day or 2 and the other isn’t far behind.
Will be dropping 12 Auto beans today

5 Likes

Going to be trying out the cow pots this go for the auto seedlings instead of the peat based jiffy peat pots.
Look at the roots growing through the pots in the video.
No plastic and no transplant stress.

4 Likes

Anyone with experience growing Autos I have a question on lighting.
I understand about them flowering on their own regardless of light schedule.
My question is about light hitting them after normal lights out.
So if I’m working with them and the lights go off and I’m not done with things is there an issue turning lights back on for another hour or whatever with regards to hermie etc.
Will light leaks into grow area cause issues with them like they do with Photos?

I’ve had light interruptions without hermies. If you know your gonna be working then I unzip the tent so they get the room light when the tent lights go out.

Our auto gal @blackthumbbetty may have something to add.

4 Likes

Looks like you’ve got a lot. How much have you harvested so far?

Haven’t been here for a while with such crazy summer. Been gone a lot and looks like I might loose my buds to the caterpillars. Not much I can do with the circumstance but chalk up the experiences for next season. I thought I got the mites problem under control, then the caterpillars just knocked me off my feet.

I’m debating if I should get indoor grow but the set up is intimidating to me. I was planning to grow a second batch with auto outdoor but the mold issues I had with too much spring rain makes me pause because we usually get more rain in the winter here.

So after cleaning the rot all days, just come to look at your plants as an inspiration,

3 Likes

Hey Ning sorry to hear about your grow issues and all but family and friends first as that’s what it’s all about on your journey and in the end it’s what’s remembered.

Since growing my first round starting in December have harvested 6 plants. My plan was to move most the larger plants in veg tent into flower tent as ones in there where harvested but with the mites I didn’t want to contaminate both tents so will flower them in veg tent and get an Auto group going in the flower tent.
I’ll tell you since I up potted 2 days ago the 8 to 3 gallon pots and before watering top dressing with Neem cake the little mites are either dying from Neem and other applications and or starving to death as they ain’t eating my leaves and they are very few and far between from what I see.
Unless they are eating the roots they have no food.

Take a hygrometer and put it in an extra bathtub or area that might work and check readings. Maybe you can get away with a couple plants and a quality light and have a go indoors? Just a thought.
Could be fun and would be more learning opportunities lol

Thanks for the compliment on the ladies and keep on keepin on and get those caterpillars and bud rot taken care of and harvest what you can and on to the next learning adventure…whoop whoop

1 Like

Wear a green headlamp, whenever working with them in the dark. Autos aren’t 100% impervious to light leaks. I try not to push my luck.

If the lights go out while working on them, just turn them back on for a few minutes, until you’re done. Try to get all work done well before lights out, though, if at all possible.

2 Likes

Thanks @Budbrother and @blackthumbbetty for the info much appreciated.

He puts the seeds in the shot glass

Should be able to fit 12 of theses in a 4 1/2 x 8 tent…
3 gallon pots…yea why not

4 Likes

Gotta love the mix packs

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice and encouragement @Skydiver. It means a lot to hear after pulling rotted buds all day.

I have a shower stall installed in the garage a long time ago and it’s never been used as the construction to remodel it was halted. But the stall is probably good for indoor grow. The garage is not heated or have any AC so it’s way too hot in the summer but might work in the winter for growing auto. It’s not really sealed so might still have bug issues but it will stay out of rain. It’s not possible to keep the light out either but I have auto seeds to try.We have pretty mild winter, at most in the low 30’s for a week or two. I was gonna get some light and hang it on. Could you recommend which kind is best? I’m so confused with LED and all those different wattage. Could you suggest me? I’ll probably still do outdoor next summer, now that I know what I’m facing. Cannabis attracts bugs I’d never had issues with before. Even the caterpillars I had in broccoli were from white butterflies, not disgusting green wormy caterpillars from the moths. I saw more dead ones in varying degrees of decomposition, as results of BT. I think if I start spraying before seeing bugs, and spray regularly, I can keep them off. Who says, it’s easy to grow ‘weeds’? I wanna throw rotten caterpillar carcass at them!

I’m canceling my travel early next month and will stay put to deal with the bugs and long awaited harvest.

2 Likes

Depending on how big the area is you are lighting would better direct me to model of light but if you want a great one that will grow em well inside I would look at the HLG line with r-Spec and you can put the kit together or pay for them to ship it assembled.

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits

I’ve used the retailer in their list on web growerslights and am happy with their service. If the garage can be used just check the outlet to make sure the expected amp draw from lights etc along with other stuff that may be on the same circuit can handle things. If you wanna spend some extra cash on a tent etc let us know. Many good options out there. Many not so good ones too so ask away for suggestions as needed.
If the garage is attached to the house maybe you can put a duct into the stall or tent to better control temps / humidity. They have ways of sealing up the space you have now with not too much expense.

Take a wooden stake and staple some caterpillar bodies to it and smear their guts all over things and see if that helps. I know when I finger crush Japanese Beatles on my plants and leave the carcass and goo all mashed up on the plant it seems to discourage them and even if it’s not it satisfies me…Muhahahaha

2 Likes