First grow using Pot For A Pot-White Widow Autoflower

This is my first grow using A Pot For A Pot. I am using a white Widow Autoflower seed from ILGM. The kit comes with a jiffy pellet and I tried to use it but I didn’t have success so next seed, after I soaked it I place it right in the dirt.
April 30

She poked her head out
May 2

At this point I haven’t watered her I have just been misting her and I cut off the bottom of a water bottle to keep moist for humidity.

Well on May 5 I decided to give her some water. I gave her maybe a quart of ph’d water and on May 6 this is what she looked like.

Needless to say she did not like getting water. I just left her alone. I kept her dome sprayed and let her be. A couple days later she started to recover.
May 9

Now here we are on May 11 and she is spreading her wings…

3 Likes

Waterings should be measured in milliliters at this point. If misting a dome, she will need very little water from the soil.

2 Likes

Thank you for that. I freaked out when I saw her the next day. I didn’t know if she would make it.

2 Likes

@beardless @BetrayedSoul @FlxerPower
Update on my pot for a pot. She has recovered nicely. Her first leaves are not as big as my first WWAF but considering I damn near killed her with water she is coming along well.

5 Likes

she is adorable

3 Likes

Day 13 update. I have not watered her yet just sprayed her down. She is on a 20/4 schedule.

1 Like

Looking really good

1 Like

@Randy_Marsh thank you!

1 Like

Np , you have a good light ?

1 Like

@Randy_Marsh Well I have a cheap light. Rather its good or not, I won’t know until she flowers I guess. Its a Recordecent I think.

Can you show a pic , as well you’ll need nutrients later at lest after the 4th week , I hear the fox farm trio is good

1 Like

@Randy_Marsh

I have fox farm nutrients and general hydroponics. I have liquid Kool bloom and a pH kit.

1 Like

Oh damn looks like your set to go then :+1:- tds ?

1 Like

@Randy_Marsh @beardless So today is day 16 and my lil momma’s leaves are sticking straight up. I moved my lights down to 5in above it was about 23in. Funny thing tho cause she was fine then I gave her a light watering and 30 min later her leaves shot straight up. Is she praising the lights cause she finally got a drink? Any thoughts?

Right after watering

30 min later

2 Likes

Looking good!

My plants will sometimes pray like that after a watering, feeding, or sometimes just the morning light.

3 Likes

@FlxerPower Ok I guess she was happy she got some water because I haven’t given her any in 10 days. I was just spraying her with plain water and diluted seaweed water.

1 Like

Your grow medium looks like coco? Is it coco?

She’s big enough to have started a root system and doesn’t really need sprayed any more. It’s a good time to introduce regular waterings. I ask about coco because I know it needs watered more often than soil, but I’m a soil grower and am not familiar with the care and feeding of a plant in coco.

Hopefully a coco grower will come along and weigh in.

2 Likes

@FlxerPower yes indeed it’s Coco with super soil on the bottom. This is my first time Growing in Coco my other grow is FFOF.

1 Like

I take a lot of pictures. It is a good way to document what is going on. I will admit though I haven’t taken before and after watering.

2 Likes

@beardless you know, I wasn’t planning on it but she started raising the roof lol

2 Likes