First grow under way! Three Lemon Haze 100% sativa in a 4 x 4 x 7 in soil under 900W LED

My sentiments exactly! Congrats on the chop. Sweet ass haul

1 Like

Thanks! Really happy for a first attempt. Learned so much to make future efforts bigger and better. :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Dont go too big or ull end up with monsters like @Dman1969 had that time :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Funny you should mention that. I have 4 monster clones that I am getting ready to veg! :rofl: :+1: :sunglasses:
That @Dman1969 is a bad influence! :facepunch: :rofl:

2 Likes

If you want really good quality kief you dont want really small weed! Have a look at bubblemans dry sift hash videos.
However, if you just want good cannabis to decarb and use for cooking herb, I would break bud at time of cooking.

1 Like

Well my harvest has been drying for 5 days in the tent. Conditions constant for last 24 hrs 21C/ 60% RH - it has dropped as low as 57%
The buds are all quite light - nothing really dense that I’ve seen so far. Little popcorn buds just snap off cleanly. Larger buds there is a definite ‘crack’ but not snapping free.
The buds are insanely sticky - not a lot of scent until you touch it - and there is an instant very strong scent. The sugar leaves mostly crumble.

I am thinking I must be very close to clean up - but the input of you clever heads is always appreciated!
I jarred some of the larfy stuff it has sat at 56% in a sealed jar - frequently popped for taste test… must be thorough… :rofl: :face_with_monocle: :+1:

@Hellraiser @Cannabian @Davyg @Dman1969 @Covertgrower @Chasworks @Enlightened420 @beardless @Kellydans

8 Likes

All for science of course :wink:

6 Likes

Of course! (said while wearing my lab coat c/w pen pocket protector :face_with_monocle:)
And it hits like a house brick! :rofl: :facepunch: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You’re too dry in your jars budz. Need to lift that RH up to at least 60% preferably 62%. Damp piece of kitchen roll or similar will do it. I would aim to lift the RH to around 68% with the damp kitchen roll, remove it, shut the lid and watch it fall to around 62% as the bud absorbs the moisture. But monitor it constantly

2 Likes

Agreed. It tastes and hits - but burns a little hot. I’ll try the paper towel trick! :+1: :sunglasses:

So by that logic - my tent is ready for clean up. Holding 62% in there

1 Like

62% is the sweet spot mate. Just check my jars and they’re down to 57, buggeration I need to go and do the same. They were sitting at 65 for the past three days so lid off and left them. RH dropped to 57 while I was at work :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I use a leaf but you won’t have any left. This is where the talk of the boveda pack comes in but I feel they’re too slow at bringing the RH up. They’re great for maintaining but too slow for adjusting it

3 Likes

The leaf trick was my first thought as well.
I might get a couple of them and see how they go.
Now I have some buds to collect! I’m thinking 2 containers - decent buds and ‘other stuff’. That way I can trim a bit off the decent stuff and the excess goes to the other tub. Then I can see how many jars I will need. I have 2 x quarts but I am thinking 3 maybe 4? No idea really! :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That’s how I do it. I have a cardboard box that I use for other stuff. If I’m screening then the drier the better so the box is ideal as it draws the moisture out. Good stuff gets jarred and monitored, other stuff just get left until I’m ready, have free time or both :man_facepalming::joy:
If you’re going for the leaf then take 3. One bottom, one in the middle and one on the top. It will distribute the moisture a bit more evenly and bump your RH right up as well. It will come back down, hopefully to around 62% when you take them out again

3 Likes

How much do you fit in a quart? roughly

1 Like

I go for around 3/4 full, no more than that. I like to move them about. I give them a shake now and again to make sure they’re not sticking together, helps keep the RH a bit more even as well.

2 Likes

Bottom left is my tent. Next along is my bud jar at 57%. That thing is great. I can monitor it all from the kitchen :sunglasses:. I need to go and adjust my temp as well, it’s too cool in there just now :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

I have a similar one - with 3 remotes. Got it in my lounge room :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

Perfect :joy::joy:.
I’m not usually home just now but the weather has stopped play so managed to spot the low temp.

2 Likes

Couple fan Leafs work well to pull moisture level back up in the jar of buds. One oz usually works good for me per quart jar gives me a little room to gently spin them around a little bit loosen them up. Heavy buds will settle down to the bottom and stick together. @Davyg has got you covered. :+1::v:

2 Likes