First grow under way! Three Lemon Haze 100% sativa in a 4 x 4 x 7 in soil under 900W LED

Congrats on the harvest budz. Looks good. Fingers crossed for a decent weight.

1 Like

Niiiiiice budz

1 Like

Congrats. Outmotherfreakingstanding :+1: :v:

1 Like

Congrats on the harvest…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Excellent bounty Gromie,
Looks like :fire:

Monkey’s Undies,
Good vibes, keep it green :v:

3 Likes

@HanJolo @Cannabian @repins12 @Arrow @Enlightened420
Thanks guys! So happy with the results. Looking into the tent now reminds me to pay attention to defoliation in the future!
I learned so much on this run - definitely sets me up to maximise in the future. Cannot wait for them to dry! The early smoke was like lemon hash that makes your eyes and temples tingle - very keen to get to the finished product.
The weather is doing me no favours at the moment - pouring rain! Can only get the tent down to 24C/ 61% RH at the moment - which I’m not happy about. I’ve made sure there is good airflow in and through the tent to avoid any issues.

Thanks again guys - your encouragement and knowledge helped get me here! :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

62% humidity is your target so the weather could be doing you a favour :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks mate. I was wondering about that. I know 62% is the target, but just about everything I’ve read suggests that we should dry at around 40% RH but store/ jar it at 62%. I didn’t know if the lower number triggered something in the plant that was required for maximum potency/ taste/ effect. :+1: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

My understanding is the low RH in the later stages of flower fools the plant into thinking that hard times are ahead so she boosts her defenses up a bit. You definitely do not want your bud dried to 40%. Mine sits for around 3-4 days then I jar for 24hrs. Gives me an idea of where they’re at

2 Likes

That is very true - and good to know. These buds aren’t very dense and the ruffage I put in a paper bag to dry with the rest. The ruffage or popcorn is very to smoke now.
I know that because I have - and it is amazing! :rofl: :crazy_face: :facepunch:
One cone and sit - this pot has NEVER been that - but it is now! :boom: :100:

Question: Roughly how many ounces can you store in a quart jar?
This is the first time I’ve had enough to even consider it! :rofl:
Which reminds me, must get one of those trim trays tomorrow… :+1:

2 Likes

I bought a 150 micron tray and a 100 micron tray for £30 from Amazon

1 Like

I screened the 100 first onto a silver tray. Collected the kief and then did a second rub on the 150. Stuck the rest in the freezer and will do a rub when I get time :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok… have to say that I haven’t given a lot of thought to the kief or ruffage… I know there are heaps of recipes - but a cook I am not :rofl:
I don’t know what is needed… time for more research!
Maybe gummi bears or brownies? :crazy_face: edibles is not something I have experienced - always smoked it! Also, never had the quantities needed! :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

I’m the same. My abilities in the kitchen are limited. I take all my larfy stuff and stick it in a box to dry. I then cut all the sticks off and roughly blend it before screening it. My understanding is that there’s two grades for screening 100 micron and 150 micron. That’s as far as I’ve got so far. After a chat with @Cannabian about spaghetti sauce (which I’m up for) I had a look on here and decarboxylation is key to edibles. It breaks down the carbon ring around the trichs and makes it easier to digest apparently. Recalling this from memory so might be a bit off :exploding_head: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Definitely got some more learning to do!
You actually put the ruffage in a blender and then do the screening? Wow… ok…
I’ve heard a lot of talk about decarboxylation being key - something about it sticking to fat molecules - something like that anyway.
I think I’ll have a cone and do some reading… the learning never ends! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Yep I tried to screen it as it was but failed miserably so I had a lightbulb moment and pinched the wifes blender. The ruffage was stick dry so into the blender it went. It got a rough chop up purely to make it easier to work with. Then I sit and work it back and forth with a bank card. The kief gets collected on a silver tray and that’s as far as I’ve got there as well :man_facepalming::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ok so you collect the kief for use in cooking or cone-toppers, what about the veg that is getting sifted? Do you use that in cooking? or just toss it because you have all the trichs? :crazy_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Up until now I have the kief sitting on my tray in a bag. No idea what to do with it because smoking is out due to only having one lung. The veg is still in the freezer. I want to see if I can get anymore out of it by freezing it. If not it will go for compost as there should be nothing left in it. Going to do the spaghetti sauce thing and see how it goes :sunglasses:

1 Like

De-carbulator there are many this is the Ardent FX

3 Likes

Thanks mate - that sounds like a pretty clever gadget!
Not really given a lot of thought to much other than smoking it! :rofl:

If I can’t barbeque it, fit it in the toaster or boil it… it needs to change its molecular structure to assist me - simple as that! :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes