First grow under way! Three Lemon Haze 100% sativa in a 4 x 4 x 7 in soil under 900W LED

Ahhhhh Confucius saaaaay… oh wait - that was me! I new I heard that somewhere before! :rofl: :+1:

Absolutely mate - what I wanted was a baseline grow - don’t get too clever… yet… :wink:

1 Like

Humidity is up at the moment - but up to me is 64%. Right now I am 23C/ 60%RH, lights on 3pm (00:15 right now). I average 23C/ 53%RH lights on and about 21C/ 58-60% RH. I haven’t veered far away from that the whole grow.
They look amazing - the deep green makes the frosting look even more intense. :+1: :sunglasses: :wink:

3 Likes

I’d agree, they have enough food. There’s a delicate balance with watching your leaf tips and color balance in your leaves. Be careful not to over look lower leaves starting to show tip burn. If you’ve already fed them since the other day, I’d look hard at new growth for if to show up. These top shelf LEDs have multiple points of light which I think spread and disperse better than mh/hps for cheaper run costs overall. If you tried to run the equivalent wattage at the wall LEDs would get my money before the others. 2 cents is all :smile::wink:

1 Like

That range is spot on in my eyes. Keep doing what your doing

2 Likes

Absolutely. They got nutes yesterday - the prior feed had been their only pure drink since small. The tip burn is very slight - but constant. I have pushed them - but no further than the ‘grow chart’ suggests. I always monitor the new stuff - no issues down there. I will be in there taking clone cuttings tomorrow - and they will get a good look over. :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks - that was one of my main goals from the start. To nail my conditions - I had heard a few horror stories - and was not going to get caught out :wink: (it helps a lot having a long ventilation background).
I SHOULD be able to squeeze another quick run in before the peak of our summer… I hope… :wink: :upside_down_face: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looking good Budz. That is some frosty goodness right there. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Lovely colours aswel. Keep it green brother

2 Likes

Thanks mate. The deep colours have been really surprising. I have only ever seen this strain grown in coco (very basic) or outside basically untrained - and it has always been a much lighter green and quite fluffy - and that was always a really good smoke. This looks totally different! Itching to see how it smokes!
If it smokes as nice as it looks… :partying_face: :+1: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: amen brother. You right about the dark green being satisfying. Makes that frosting really stand out. Man you know that’s guna be a good smoke

1 Like

@Budz420
What was that about more frosting everyday??
Hahah you got diamonds man!

1 Like

You are cruising right now budz and looking good :sunglasses:. Need to turn your thoughts to the drying and curing process as it will be here before you know it. I use mesh nets and turn the colas daily when drying with my exhaust fan blowing over the top but not directly on the buds. Do you have the containers needed or will you need to order them. I used food grade, resealable, 4ltr plastic containers for the cure. I also have wifi hygrometers for inside the containers that I can monitor from the kitchen so if you don’t have I would think about ordering now or shortly :sunglasses:. You’re as well looking at it as looking for it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello mate, hope all is well!
Yeah they are looking awesome. Just stuck my head in on their morning. Really starting to stack - fast. They are already looking better than I thought they would at the end! :crazy_face:

You must have been reading my mind! I have been pondering that all morning. Not something I had even really looked into until last night! :rofl:
So in answer to your question: No real fuc&ing idea!
I have been putting coffee cans aside - thought they might work. I do have a few larger coffee jar around. But if I’m better with jars - no problem.
I haven’t done any proper looking into the curing/ drying end of it yet… But yes - it is getting to that time definitely! :wink: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Glass or food grade containers will work but coffee cans will taste or taint so avoid strong scented storage containers if possible. Have a look at 1 gallon glass mason jars or similar :sunglasses:

1 Like

I was thinking that too. Not sure how many I am going to need though - no clue! :rofl:

I have more learning to do! I do already have 5 little temp/ RH meters to put in the jars/ tubs. I haven’t geared up with anything else though. I have seen some moisture packs - boveda I think. Thought I might grab a few of them. But other than that - I haven’t even given proper thought to where I will do the drying… Originally I was just going to use the tent. But I am going to jam another run off the back of this one - before summer kicks in.
I need to get my learning hat on - but first… bowls… :rofl: :v:

2 Likes

I bought the boveda packs and don’t use them, I find them too slow in bringing the RH within range. Ok for maintaining but not for adjusting. If my humidity is too high I take the lid off the jar and leave it in a drier environment with a fan blowing over the top or if I’m really close I give them a little heat from an oil radiator that I have nearby. If I’m too dry I grab a fan leaf or two. I put one in the middle and one on top that usually does the trick. I use these to monitor and they’re great.

4 Likes

That looks pretty trick. Will have to look that up - will get a second set for tent & clone tent… :+1: :sunglasses:

Roughly how much dried pot do you get in the 1 gal jars? Imagining that you don’t pack them in there…
Really no idea what my dry yield is going to be… :crazy_face:

1 Like

looks like 2-3 thousand grams to me :joy:

seriously, looks freaking amazing.

1 Like

I’m always looking for containers come harvest and have had 4 or 5 four ltr tubs full :rofl::rofl:
Glass jars scare me as I can be clumsy :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

:rofl:
I wish! Going to have to buy some scales to measure the dry/ wet weights. :v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah, that sounds like a smarter idea - sealable food grade plastic tubs/ buckets. And will get some jars for storing/ curing. I’m not sure how much will get cured - being first run - probably not much! :rofl: :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like