First grow under way! Three Lemon Haze 100% sativa in a 4 x 4 x 7 in soil under 900W LED

Morning @Budz420 He’ll yeah bro!
Nice looking setup. Plants looks spot on, nice deep greens. Thanks for the tag!
Yeah that light looks pretty BA!
Now…let’s get that Screen of Heavenly Green!

3 Likes

That is the plan sir!
I am more interested in the learning and the quality/ quantity at the end. No intention of rushing to flip if the girls aren’t ass filled out as they can be. I want to get it right.
The new light is really awesome - virtually no heat load, switches for veg and flower. Love the fact that it is made to suit 4 x 4 veg!
It’s really hard to visualise the three filling the screen! hahaha
Thanks for tagging along mate - glad to have your input!

3 Likes

Yessir, you are setting yourself up for success.
Very happy for ya!
You are teaching me on this one. I’ll live vicariously through you with my SCROG dreams hahah. Those 5gals are gonna make for some hefty ass plants. And getting your temps down to 21c…bravo sir, bravo! They most definitely love those cooler temps!
Top those bad girls, clone’em. You’re in for a fun few months!

1 Like

You say your current plants are clones? Or they are from seed?

Disregard that stupid ass question…it’s in your first sentence

1 Like

Thanks! You are welcome to soak up anything you can from here mate - very likely what not to do as well as what to do.
I was wondering if I should have opted for the next pot up - a 7 gallon I think.
That 21c is about 4-5c above the room (ambient). Being that I run lights on overnight, I only get a shift of about +5c and +10-15% RH. So minimal shock or stress to the climate. They certainly look happy!
I figure on topping in a week or so - let them get used to the new light set up. That will allow me to clone the tops. Let the games begin!!!

1 Like

I am having a bowl for you! hahaha

1 Like

Pleas do! Haha.
I’m currently out, well…plenty of resin, a true weed smoker is never really out hahah.
But I do need to make a call…:face_with_monocle:

Where are you located? The price on that light is double what it should be.

I look forward to not having to put my hand in my pocket every time I feel like getting high.
Eventually, my goal is a pot cellar/ cupboard… vintage, light, heavy, full bodied… options. I want options!
Resin collection is something I hadn’t considered… I watched a video of a guy that filtered in ice water to create a resin - amazed me. This is all so much learning for me. Only ever smoked it, never successfully grown anything - other than a son and two dogs - but they don’t really count…

1 Like

I’m in Sydney, Australia.
I know it was available elsewhere a bit cheaper. But the light was delivered in two working days. Nobody has stock here - it’s all in containers on docks due to the backlog of Covid-19
We quite often pay a premium here in Aus for whatever reason.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I grew this year. I don’t wanna be out there buying. I got a fam as well, and even in the most controlled aspects…there’s always the risk. That’s what got my wife on board. I don’t need a pound. Man, if I get anywhere close to 5-10oz off of 2 harvest, man I’d be set for a loooong time! And a happy happy camper.
Yeah I just take all my pipes, break a wire hanger and get to scraping! Yeah taste like ass shit, but works just the same. I may get 5-6 grams of resin if I do all me pipes. You just F’n reek after doing so haha

That’s what I was figuring

1 Like

Can’t say I have needed a smoke that badly… I clean my gear daily! lol I like my glass clean. Yeah… that smell…
Exactly - just want quality smoke on hand when I feel like it - if a mate is in need - all good. Never been in that situation.
I’d have to figure my timing better to turn around two in a year I think - even with clones. Growing here in summer would be a real challenge. We can and do get up to 40c with an RH that hovers round 30% - not sure I can overcome that. I might be able to use it to my advantage with cloning - but then I’d be sacrificing too many due to the size of the tent… unless… Sea of Green - with flower clones… ohhhhh my head is starting to hurt…

1 Like

It seems like a pretty good unit though. I know it’s not a top end unit - but to get an equal from Mars or something - I’d be $1,500.00 - $2,000.00 easily - when they were available. I figured that even if it was 60% as good as a hi-end unit - I’m still getting about 600W - and I don’t expect the actual spectrums to compare - but they can’t be that far off. And, the reviews were all pretty good.

A slight step up from 76 watts of domestic fluorescent lighting!

Thanks for your input on the light too - always glad to hear from others that know more than me - or want to learn along the way.

1 Like

It’s a 418w light. It’s ridiculous how they get away with the way they advertise. But vipars are pretty good lights. I have a couple 300’s that I use for veg and they do a fantastic job at that. I would rotate your plants daily because it may come up short on the edges of your tent because the PAR drops off pretty drastically at the 3-4’ mark but rotating the plants should circumvent that a little bit.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised just how dry Texas can be.
Thank goodness I finally found a steady source. Before that it was a total crap shoot. And yeah, sometimes you gotta scape the bowls hahah. This guys out, this dude won’t respond. Just tired of that crap. And like you said with Family, just not worth the hassle. Just Grow your own F it! I am looking forward to moving the Doritos and bread to get to a freshly cured jar of Sour D!
You got farmer boots on though, man I envy you guys who can legally, truly grow!!

3 Likes

It’s wild how many different climates you can get in this state. I’m in a part that is never dry, always humid.

2 Likes

418 watts total? So, on veg it’s only about 220 watts? That sucks balls…
I rotate them while I can as it is - under the crappy light they were growing - but not really thickening in the stem. I’ll keep doing that until I get to the screen - and then I’ll rotate the light itself to compensate. I’ll always try and get the maximum benefit from the gear I have.
It is a steep learning curve!

1 Like

Hahaha my bad, I could have worded that better. But yessir Bobby dry in both ways. Dry ass air, and dried up weed sources. Through the 90’s I-35 that runs straight up through TX used to be known as the “Texas Weedway“
Straight up out of Mexico. Man that stuff in the 90’s was utter Shite!!
I can literally remember the first time I ever got “red hair weed” dude…it was like Christmas!
The other 98% of or weed consisted of de-seeding your Oz (which ran about $50) for about an hour. Break it up, give it a shake and watch them roll Hahahah. Kinda miss those days, great times with the homies who were there! And yeah the climates and temps from all over the world, and seems like everyone thrives in their own conditions…amazing!!

4 Likes