First Grow - Trich Pix - Opinions?

Can you record video with it? I record videos with my contraption, and then take stills from the video. Timing it just right to get a clear still shot is about a 1 in 50 shot, or so.

Yes I can record or takes shots but the problem is it’s so out of focus or lags before I’m able to see anything on my screen. So I don’t know what I’m recording or better yet it’s so blurry I wouldn’t see anything regardless.

Does it have a manual focus you can adjust on it?

It’s the same one pictured above only it goes to 1000x… so it has that wheel in the middle that I’m using. “Zoom” doesn’t work

I have one of those USB microscopes - I tried it a few times and was pretty disappointed.
I now just use this attachment on my cell phone. I push it right up against the bud for a perfect focus and snap a photo. I then load the image onto my computer and zoom in 4-5 times for a pretty good image for the price.

60x clip on loupe

2 Likes

Nice! I just ordered it, I’ll try it out :blush:

Here’s an example of what it looks like “fresh” from the phone. The photo above is how it looks after I zoom in. The resolution is 4032x3024 at 72dpi, so there’s plenty of zoom capability.

1 Like

My apologies, as I can’t remember who showed me the trick, but use the zoom on your phone to get a full screen shot, then use your trick of zooming in on the computer!

1 Like

Not sure why I haven’t thought of that!!

WOW Tommy, this clip on is very nice for pictures. Excellent recommendation. What do you think?

Those are great pics! There’s a little amber here and there, but still a lot of clear, too. They’ll probably swell a lot in the next week or two.

1 Like

If I kind of averaged out the images[1], it looks like you are about 40% clear and 60% cloudy. I’d say you have a few weeks left, like @elheffe702 said. For a good head high, harvest when they are all cloudy. For maximum couch lock effect, harvest when they are 20-50% amber.

[1] A few of those looked like photos of leaves, so I ignored those. They mature a little faster than the buds do and can be misleading. Try to look at just the buds.

3 Likes

Thanks both of ya @elheffe702!

If you guys don’t mind, could you point out some of the clear ones versus cloudy etc? I just want to really know what I’m looking for instead of running to the forums every time :joy:

These are both autos and I’m on like day 110ish from seedlings, just so crazy they’re taking this long

1 Like

Clear looks very shiny, like glass. Cloudy looks more dull, like plastic. Amber looks…amber. As they mature, they go from clear to cloudy, then amber, then they begin to ‘wilt’ as they deteriorate.

1 Like

What kind of high do you like? and its no problem keep coming back to the forum for info, thats what we are here for, we thrive on helping others, sorry to hear about your usb scope mine works great!!

2 Likes

Your getting good advice here, I agree wait longer but depends on the high you want and is it sativa or indicia? Or what % hybrid.

I have the USB microscope and agree the largest issue is the shake, I’m going to make some sort of portable/ adjustable holder because it does provide an amazing image if still

1 Like

You can put this on a stable place “what ever works” at least it will hold the microscope.

There’s probably better examples to be found on this forum, but I just used one of your pictures to circle some of what to look for. The amber ones in your picture don’t stand out much at this point. They will be much more obvious once they really start to get to that stage. Click on the image to see a larger view.

3 Likes

Here’s another one that has a mix of clear, cloudy and amber:

1 Like