First grow to take hold!

So I’ve been messing around trying to get something to grow since the end of December, and I finally produced. I started out with some cheap organic soil that I couldn’t get anything to grow bigger than the first 4 leaves. Finally tried seeds in MG organic soil, got many negative feedback, so when transplanted they went into FoxFarm Ocean forest. I’m also using the fox farm nutes. As for my grow, I have 2 Zkittles auto, 1 Gorilla glue, 1 Banana kush, and 1 Super Silver haze. I put the seeds in on March 29so they are about 19 days today. Just wanted to start a log so anyone can keep up with my grow and chime in anytime they feel I can do something better. I am a rookie in this game so I will ask many questions. Ill post some pics from the start to now, so to see the progress.

5 Likes

Be wary I did same mistake eith cheap organic soil … Kellogg’s orgsnic… was almost an 8 ph… very bad for cannabis… it csnt eat in a basic soil… it needs a 6.5 to 5.8 ph range… spring for some quality canabis specific dirt it will make a huge difference I promise

2 Likes

I’m also using a 4’x4’x80" tent with 400w MH bulb till I go into flower then ill change over to HPS and a T6 ventilation system. A few more pics from today.

5 Likes

Not that it matters, but in my 3x3x7 tent I use 600w of MH and HPS, it produces way more yield than 400w. I grew using 400w before.

3 Likes

So I have upgraded from a 250w to the 400w hid light. How much more of a yield using the 600w? Would it be worth upgrading again at this point?

2 Likes

Lots of factors go into end yield, like environment, plant, etc…light is however the biggest investment you should make as a grower. If I would spend money to upgrade my lights, I’d go with HLG. HID gets the job done well, not worth going from 400 to 600, why I mentioned it doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

I thought about going to the 600, but I was worried about the heat output in such a small space. My exhaust fan would be running all day and expenses go up. That was just my reason in choosing the 400w over 600w.

1 Like

So after reading all day yesterday I came across FIMMing. I felt it would be pretty easy to attempt, so I gave it a shot.

2 Likes

What’s up @Zee !

1 Like

@OlyBoy98503

1 Like

Like stated id ditch the mg soil and get something by fox farms or something cannabis friendly. Mg causes alot of issues and will likely bring u fungus gnats also. B preparred looking to lower heat putput and up the watts go led. Hlg has bad azz lights a bit pricey but they def do the job

1 Like

Yea I already got out of the MG and into FFOF. I feel I’m on the right path by now just hoping to learn more as I go.

2 Likes

@kellydans long time no see Bud! Hope all is well!

1 Like

I hear in damn near perfect grows 600s keep up with 1000s

1 Like

So one way I’ve been practicing any new techniques, like super cropping, is if you have tomatoes growing you can actually do the same technique and get a feel for it before you go and try man handling the girls. Just wanted to give an opinion.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea… but y waste the time doing it on a tomstoe… it will work… if someone’s telling you how and your somewhat close to what they said to do it will work and you can see how to do it better next time… :sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Doing it for the first time i had to judge my pressure. I felt more comfortable doing it on a tomatoe. But yea once you do it for the first time its really easy. And my tomatoes will benefit as well.

2 Likes

Few pics of the girls after some super cropping and LST. Can’t wait to see the results.

2 Likes

I did notice on one of the autos the leaves looking funky. Any ideas? And I did no cropping to the autos just an FYI.

1 Like

These are are zkittles autos. They were planted at the same time. Any idea why such a difference :thinking:.

1 Like