First Grow Tent Heat Issues

So I just went downstairs to check how my humidifier was doing and apparently I forgot to turn off my auto lights. They had been off for about an hour and the RH was 99%. I’m assuming this is a small speed bump, correct? I’m dialing it back in currently.

Not even a speed bump. Just a friendly reminder for next time.

Sweet. Haha when I opened it up it looked like that poster from The Fly when I opened the tent.

2 Likes

You’ll know if there’s any long term issues if your teeth come loose and you start regurgitating on your supper. Keep an eye out for these sort of symptoms.

3 Likes

@LongtimeListener_FirsttimeCaller Just keep all your parts NOT in the Medicine cabinet Put them in Mason Jars and don’t forget to burp the jars.

1 Like

75 F with 70% RH. Awesome.

1 Like

So I have my humidity and temp dialed in, but there really hasn’t been any growth for the last day or so. I am running my lights on the seedlings 24/0. I am wondering if I should go ahead and switch now to the 20/4 that I was planning to do after the true leaves came in. Thoughts?

Both beans popped super fast (like within 36 hours of planting) and they started out really fast. I assumed that once I got the temp and humidity correct there would be an explosion of growth. I am probably jumping the gun.

Also, the soil in the jiffy pellets seems to be drying out quickly. Is this because of the humidifier? That seems counterintuitive, but it wasn’t really a problem until I put the humidifier in the tent. At least I hadn’t noticed it until then. Plus, the temp is at like 72-77 always, and the lights are about 30" from the tops of the seedlings, so I can’t imagine any other factor being the cause.

Sounds more like your sprouts have more developed roots and are starting to drink heavier. Once the roots are established the explosion starts. During week 3-ish?

Here are my girls. Keep in mind, this is day 2 since popping.

3 Likes

I left the damned humidifier on again with the lights off as well. Clearly, I’m too dumb to have to worry about adjusting this thing on my own, so I’m returning it for one with a humidistat.

@HMGRWN @dbrn32 @Hellraiser

1 Like

Looks good to me. I wouldn’t stress that much about dehumidifier either.

1 Like

It’s just new stuff. I don’t want to mess up. However, I’ll probably make mistakes the first 2 or 3 hundred grows, huh?

Ya maybe. Sometimes things have a way of just falling into place too.

1 Like

I run 18/6 for entire grow with autos.
Looking good except for the jiffy pot. Those things are problematic too often.

1 Like

How so? This is my only second grow, but the ones I used last grow worked out pretty well. Any heads up would be welcomed.

1 Like

I have seen jiffy pucks not allow the roots to spread. They were all knotted up within the mesh.

2 Likes