First Grow Tent Heat Issues

I can take the drivers off of the two SF1000s. They are getting pretty damned hot. However, I am a little confused about how to rig that up once I take them off.

Smart move, sounds like the other growers got you squared away. I would highly recommend downloading the photone app on your phone to keep on top of light intensity. Believe it or not, even in veg you don’t need to blast them with light.

1 Like

The only source of heat in that tent right now are the drivers, the LEDs (which is minimal, of course), and the fans themselves. They don’t seem to be putting off a lot of heat, though, so I am assuming it is the drivers now that I think about it.

1 Like

ive never played with spider farm lights to know enough about them to get the drivers and boards apart sorry. Do they use wago wiring or is it that wierd clip lock looking thing?

@dbrn32 how hard is it to pull these drivers and move them out of tent?

it uses an aircraft connector ontop the pcb crazy setup

that black lug thats ontop the board right thru into the led board. if you unscrew that and pull it from its mount you should have

you just unscrew that plug closest to the knife and get a replacement of the same wire to reconnect both ends

youll also need to pull the dimmer and unmount the driver…

you can then setup that wherever you can reach/ like

2 Likes

Just throwing this out there, but how are you measuring the temperature and where is the sensor? Any chance you’re getting a high temp reading because the sensor is too close to the light?

3 Likes

I was actually thinking about that today. When I get home this evening I am going to tinker around. Where would you suggest I put my sensor in the grow tent to get an accurate reading?

More light than necessary which is driving up temps, the 2 SF1000s would be fine for a 2x2. I’d turn off the CREE lamp and see what the temps look like at that point.

7 Likes

See, I felt like it was a bit much. When I unzip the tent it’s like I opened a door to the sun! To be fair to Spider Farmer, their tent does a good job of sealing in light, though. It’s pitch black until you open that zipper.

I will do that when I get home today at lunch and let it run until I get home in the afternoon then see where I am at. Thanks!

1 Like

temp readings are always from top of plants or as close to that level as possible

heres a link to something from amazon that i was referring to, you would still need to make sure your have correct pins and the size of the line could carry the power.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0895X1J2G/ref=twister_B0995C6M3M?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

3 Likes

That CREE lamp gets super hot, too. The driver on it is blistering.

1 Like

See, this is one of those fine tuned things that I am wanting to work on here in my second grow. Thanks for that resource!

As a trial run, I’d say just put the sensor on the floor of the tent. If it still says 90 it’s not the thermometer location.

1 Like

Wait, I am confused. I thought I knew what this was. What is this for?

Well, see. That’s where I was getting the craziest readings, like 102.

Oh, this is for the driver, correct? I thought it was a temperature thing. haha

1 Like

So you think the 2 SF1000 at 200 watts total will be enough to grow two plants to their max in a 2x2 tent?

1 Like

its an adapter to give you some length between driver and light

2 Likes

I’ve got a Spider Farmer SF4000, which is roughly double the total from your two 1000’s and it’s doing just fine in a 4x4x6 tent and 5 plants filling it wall to wall. 4x the footprint and 2.5x the number of plants. I think you’re fine dropping the CREE and may even need to dim the 1000’s a bit.

4 Likes