First grow tag along

If you scroll up to the beginning, you’ll see the start of HST and LST training through the grow :love_you_gesture:

That looks great, as @Graysin said, I spread them out to grow between each side branches. It’s a constant adjustment through the grow, the branches are very easy to manipulate to grow in the direction horizontally that you want right up to about the 2-3rd week of flower. Theyre good and rigid by then :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Super squats and bushy… can you raise your lights to make them stretch a bit? They look very healthy though. Don’t mind if I follow along? I’ve only got one plant left and won’t need any more for a while so I’m getting bored LOL

4 Likes

Right now I have a growers choice roi-e720 at 50% power and 27” from top of plant what do you recommend I have it at

1 Like

Hmmmm… I don’t know anything about that light but looking at it online, that’s about where I would try it out at first at that age of plant…

It’s just odd that all of your plants took like that so it’s not a phone of the strain. Let me loop in @Myfriendis410 or @Covertgrower

I had 2 plants that grew like that for a long time but I didn’t raise them up to even the canopy in the tent, I just left them lower and eventually they snapped out of it (although they grew taller, they we’re still really bushy so I had to start thinning them out to get better air flow.

My guess on why they are so short is because I absolutely over watered them for the first few weeks of life but idk I just hope they can bounce back for a good yeild

1 Like

Also Idk if this affects anything but the ph of my tap water is like 8.3 but when I add nutrients it drops to a 6.6 so I’ve been feeding with nutrients from the beginning

You probably hit it on the head with watering being the issue. Autos like to be handled gently and you can top and FIM but timing it is where you run into trouble.

You haven’t said what medium you are in. I’m assuming soil but what soil?

FYI I’m in Black Forest at 7,100 feet with a similar climate to yours (obviously).

1 Like

One of my sister’s best friends lives in Black Forest…

Colorado native here… born and raised, moved to Cali when I was 24. I remember when there was absolutely nothing between Denver and Colorado Springs.

EDIT… Never mind… I see you’re in BF CA!!! LOL

EDIT… or are you? I’m so confuse hahaha

I’m growing in a 80/20 coco perlite mix

1 Like

Colorado Springs is where I am. Born and raised in SoCal.

Coco is different in that it needs to be wet.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the only reason I didn’t think I was overwatering but here’s some pictures of my girls today just fed them.

2 Likes

Also how necessary are intake fans I have an exaughst fan hooked up to a carbon filter and a few oscillating fans but no intake.

1 Like

Ditch the filter until flower: high humidity will destroy the activated charcoal and make it useless. I’ve never run an intake fan ever but would recommend an A/C Infinity Cloudline 6": the controller is worth the money alone and the fan is the quietest out there.

Plants look okay but media needs to be watered daily and remain damp: otherwise when you do water it will just pour through the medium.

5 Likes

Will do!

1 Like

Enjoy my super sloppy LST!

![image|375x500]
(upload://7xRM18y0tnXc2r6qVl4eU5kZSHf.jpeg)

1 Like

4 Likes

2nd tent is finally up!

2 Likes

Is it to early to top the 2 photoperiods in the first pic?

1 Like

How many nodes? I top at 3 to 5. And I also top the new growth too, several times if i can. Gets you a bush and keeps it shorter. Sativas…

1 Like