First grow tag along

No. Simple to assemble. It’ll take you ~15-30 minutes

Well I’m about 2 hours in I hope it turns on

Ouch. Sorry, I misled you. I had mine together in ~20-25 minutes.

1 Like

Maybe you could help me out

I think I got a completely different heat sync than in the instructions, all the cords are different colors than instructed and it has an extra cord sticking out maybe you could tell me what I’m doing wrong

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. There is indeed an extra wire that is unused. My tent is dark at the moment, but as I recall there is a strand of 3 wires, two of which go to the dimmer, and the other is unused.

Can you show me the bag of parts that came with it?

Pretty sure all you have left to do is connect the dimmer. Everything else looks right. I did have different connectors for the power cord, but you connections look right.

This is what I have left that’s not on the light

I see!!! The black cylindrical thing is the connector for the AC power cord (see the picture for step 14 and 15). The connectors you used are for the DC power to the boards (looks like step 11). And the leftover wire you have sticking out of the driver is where the dimmer connects. Where is the dimmer?

1 Like

I believe I was skimped a dimmer

Let me go download the instructions, it’s a 320, correct?

1 Like

Yes you are the best

OK, I think I see what is going on. You didn’t get the wrong heat sink, you got a different driver than the one shown both on the web site, and in the instructions. That’s why your colors don’t match, AND why you didn’t get a dimmer.

You have an Inventronics driver, and the instructions, and accessory kit for a Meanwell driver. And that explains a lot.

The Meanwell is screwdriver dimmable, the Inventronics is not.

Suggest you contact HLG, and request guidance.

1 Like

Rip ;( thanks for your help

You’re most welcome. And I think the Inventronics is the newer, and HLG preferred driver. So I think you just likely got the incorrect accessory pack. Still sux for you. Sorry, man.

I have a shit light that I can veg for like 3 weeks hopefully they have good support

I’ve heard good things, and I think @pr might just “know a guy”. (But that is an assumption on my part)

2 Likes

I think if you correct the wiring to only attach 2 of the 3 boards, you can use the driver you have for now to power the 2. Id just pull the connection from the center board for now. That’s how my 260XL was set up- one on each end of the heat sink and a 240 watt driver to fuel them. I had to add a second driver to add a third board.

That’s way you can atleast improve the quality of the light your plants are under. HLG is stellar customer service but I bet they’ll be MIA today and swamped on Friday.

The only problem is I have no idea what wires are supposed to go together since they are completely different colors from the Manuel

Just pulled this out of my garage should veg them for at least a couple weeks until I get a replacement

1 Like