First grow tag along

After learning just about everything on here I think it would be awesome to have my first grow on here where I can look back and see all my mistakes and advice people can give me to Improve. Right now I have 3 Girl Scout cookie autos 1 in a 5 gallon pot and 2 in 3 gallons, also 2 gorilla glue autos in 5 gallons,1 Bruce banner auto in a 5 gallon, and 2 zkittles photo period plants that I just transplanted into 7 gallon pots. Feel free to give me any advice I’ve made many mistakes already but my plants are still standing some how. I planted the 2 zkittles a bit after that’s why they are baby’s.

12 Likes

I’m in! Are you in Alaska?

1 Like

I’m in Colorado this is Alaska !

10 Likes

That is some bushy plants bro they look great

1 Like

I honed my outdoor grow skills back in 1983-86 along the banks of the Chatanika River in Alaska. That’s why I was curious. Met a master grower and learned how to grow while off the grid and having to darken the greenhouse with tarps due to 24 hours of sunlight.

2 Likes

That’s super cool! Had no idea Alaska had 24 hours of light how did you manage with the super cold temps I don’t know a whole lot about greenhouses

1 Like

After ice out, i.e. rivers thawed and spring arrived, we began the grow. Raised beds and buckets. Black loamy soil, all organic. Greenhouses attached to cabin with wood stove in it. 50 buckets in greenhouse and about 15 plants in raised beds. Saw temps as high as 90 degrees in summer with sunlight all day. Huge plants and awesom yields.

3 Likes

If you have a grow definitely tag me!

1 Like

Finishing my 1st tent grow right now with autos. I’m in VA now, not AK. Will begin grow #2 about Xmas I guess. Gonna try some sativa I crossed back in 1975 or 76. Still have about 20 of them.

2 Likes

All look super healthy. Nice job on that! Are you planning on doing any plant training as in HST and LST. You’ll get a bigger yield at harvest and healthier plants throughout the grow with air circulation, exposing lower bud sites that are typically small larf nugs :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m in. Show me a dog and I’ll follow any grow. Man I’m a sucker. :rofl:

1 Like

My wife and I have 6. Peggy-O, Scarlet, Rosebud, Molly, Patchouli (Patches) and Anya. Pointers and a Lab.

3 Likes

I’m gonna give LST another shot today! What else would you recommend I do for HST?

1 Like

I’m in. Good luck and Happy Growing!

1 Like

Peggy-O!

:hugs:

1 Like

Snap the plant in half. Stick a spike thru the stem. Remove all the fan leaves on day 1 of flower.

Don’t listen to me, I only LST because I have autos that I baby way too much. My only HST is entirely accidental.

1 Like

Haha maybe you can give me some advice on LST then I just did 2 plants

3 Likes

Advice? You don’t need advice. They look good!

My method is to pull all the branches out and away from eachother so they can grow toward the light but separately. I’ll top of FIM every single prospective cola. But I don’t recommend this on autos. It may be a bit much. One or two FIMs is where I’d stop on an autoflower.

1 Like

Topping is my preferred HST on Autos, when I Fimm them the stall seems go longer and untangling all the bushy growth can be a PITA. I grow them out to the 5th or 6th node, depends on how quickly they are growing. Top back to above the 4th or 3rd, I do both. I top at the 3rd when I want to keep them a little shorter. On the 1st couple of pics of the bushy ones, I would spread those out to find how many nodes you have and pin any Side branches down. The 2nd set of ladies look like their ready :love_you_gesture:. I can tag you on my grow if you want to see some HST/LST pics

2 Likes

Definitely tag me!